Do You Have Victory Over Pornography?
Please contact us if you have any questions or comments or would just like some encouragement?
Having victory over pornography is such a valuable thing to accomplish, every man is tempted with pornography, even in the church, men are struggling. ~ Anonymous
Matthew 26:41 “Watch and pray so that you will not fall into temptation. The spirit is willing, but the flesh is weak.”
Are You Winning The War Against Pornography?
The Four Pillars Of Purity Video’s
Flee From Sexual Sin
To sum it up, I would without hesitation say that dealing with sexual lust is different than dealing with other types of sin.
With sexual sin, it is not recommended to stand there and fight the sin, but rather to flee from it.
Like it is written concerning Potiphar’s wife in Genesis 39:12 she caught him by his garment, saying, “Lie with me.” But he left his garment in her hand, and fled and got out of the house. (Joseph was wise enough not just to stay there to talk to reason with her attempt of seduction, and fight his feelings as a red-blooded man, but instead, it to have the wisdom to RUN, that applies to all sexual temptations outside of marriage). ~ Bill Greguska
Is Masturbation A Sin?
Run Away From The Temptation!
Rather Than Fighting It With Your Self-Determination!
Praying ahead of time and having someone as an accountability partner to keep you on the straight and narrow are not an option, they are necessary.
When tempted, get out of the situation that you are in physically which will help you regain control of yourself with the Holy Spirits power.
Since men have a more significant battle with pornography than women, because our eyes are a source of sexual gratification, I would like to share some insight from an excellent book called “Every Man’s Battle.” On page 72 where it says. “If a woman’s blouse falls open, you can not say, “Hey, that is in my sight line, I get to have that.” No, you have to look away.
Otherwise, you’re a thief. You need to leave that valuable creation of God in the hands of God and her husband or her future husband. Bouncing your eyes off of that scantily dressed woman or merely fleeing the situation if possible are the two best solutions.
Focus on the Family
Yes, it is true that pornography has a long history that has gotten extremely popular especially since the internet, but even so, just because everyone is jumping off a bridge, does not make it right. Porn is not something that God has provided for us, but instead, it is something that Satan uses to steal, kill and destroy the lives of so many men and women in our society.
To talk with someone who cares and would like to help you, call Focus on the Family 1-800-A-FAMILY. If you have any question in your mind whether you have a sexual problem or not, take this free test to help you figure out if you do or not? If you even question having a possible problem, there might be a good chance you do.
Should Christians Watch Porn?
Scriptures To Help You Flee From Pornography!
- Job 31:1 I have made a covenant with my eyes; How then could I gaze at a virgin?
- James 1:14-15 But each one is tempted when he is carried away and enticed by his own lust. Then when lust has conceived, it gives birth to sin; and when sin is accomplished, it brings forth death.
- Matthew 5:28 But I say to you that everyone who looks at a woman with lust for her has already committed adultery with her in his heart.
- 1 Corinthians 6:18-20 Flee immorality. Every other sin that a man commits is outside the body, but the immoral man sins against his own body. Or do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have from God, and that you are not your own? For you have been bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body.
- 1 Corinthians 10:13 No temptation has overtaken you but such as is common to man; and God is faithful, who will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able, but with the temptation will provide the way of escape also, so that you will be able to endure it.
One Man’s Testimony Of His Victory Over Pornography
When I get tired or bored or when I have a stressful day, that is when I have tended to fall in the past. It is not like I can not control myself, it is more like I want to feel good and I “so-called” conscience I sell my soul out to get that pleasure. I am a real gentleman in public, and I do a good job bouncing my eyes off of those scantly dress sexy women. I can control myself in public, but at times in private when no one is around I fall, I have gotten to the point that the computer does not tempt me anymore, which is great news.
Without a doubt in my mind, or in my heart, I do not want to continue in this pattern, but I do not know how to stop 100%, yes I know I can do “so-called 98%,” but history keeps repeating itself. I feel like I am so very close but so very far when I fall into the temptation. It is almost like a weed that is pulled out in appearance, but the root is still there lying dormant temporarily (one month or two) until it gathers strength again and becomes a weed again!
I ask in prayer in Jesus name to deliver me. It is not that I am not trying, because God knows that I am! I am praying that God takes this sinful desire from me once and for all, because I know I do not want anything to do with it anymore! Similar to the Apostle Paul who had a thorn in his flesh which made him humbled and dependant on God.
More Scriptures To Help You Gain Victory Over Pornography!
- Ephesians 6:11-17 Put on the full armor of God so that you will be able to stand firm against the schemes of the devil. For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the powers, against the world forces of this darkness, against the spiritual forces of wickedness in the heavenly places. Therefore, take up the full armor of God, so that you will be able to resist in the evil day, and having done everything, to stand firm.
- 1 Corinthians 6:18 Flee immorality. Every other sin that a man commits is outside the body, but the immoral man sins against his own body.
- Psalm 119:9-10 How can a young man keep his way pure? By keeping it according to Your word. With all my heart I have sought You; Do not let me wander from Your commandments.
- Proverbs 6:25 Do not desire her beauty in your heart, Nor let her capture you with her eyelids.
- Ephesians 5:11-12 Do not participate in the unfruitful deeds of darkness, but instead even expose them; for it is disgraceful even to speak of the things which are done by them in secret.
Ray Comfort About The Pleasure Of Sin/Pornography!
Prison Of Pornography, And What To Do About It?
Are you tempted or even trapped in pornography or are trying to free yourself from it? If so, there is hope for you to do just that. Pornography preys upon human beings natural God-given desire to experience the pleasure of sex out of the boundaries of what God has intended the reason for sex.
As a result of sexual liberation the so-called “Sexual Freedom” which has gotten very liberated since the dawn of the Internet, and even before the Internet. Online pornography has made it very easy for anyone to view materials that are not meant their eyes.
Pornography Has Gotten Popular With Young Women Now Too!
Sexuality in our society has freed people to do what they please instead of what God requires of us to do. A recent study asked a group of kids how often their peers look at porn online. They responded that it was often.
The study also asked what parental controls were in place to their devices, and almost all said none — because their parents trusted them. These parents have no idea what their children are seeing.
Why Is Pornography Like A Barbed Fishing Hook?
Why are having controls so critical? First, the average age of a child’s first exposure to pornography is 11. So if that’s the average, some kids see it much earlier. And research is just beginning to give us the full, frightening picture of what porn does to a brain, and to life.
Much like substance abuse, it alters the mind, creating a need for a level of stimulation that a healthy, marital sex life doesn’t always provide. It sets our children up to have a distorted view of sex and suffer from a desire that can’t be satisfied.
Why are so many moms and dads turn a blind eye to this problem? Is it because they don’t think it’s a problem? Is it because of their porn use? Maybe they feel hypocritical setting up boundaries for their kids that they can’t respect.
If this is you, we want you to know that it’s not too late to protect your children, and there is hope for you too! Also, maybe parents are afraid to set boundaries and rather be their friends instead of their parents?
Insightful Story About Pornography Or Purity?
By Rachel Alexander
More than 50 percent of men now look at pornography regularly, thanks to easy access and the constant bombardment of images on the Internet. Men cannot go online without seeing air-brushed provocative women inviting them to click.
Twenty-five percent of Internet searches are related to pornography, and one-third of all who look at porn on the Internet are women.
Looking at pornography frequently is an addiction. Society looks the other way at pornography, dismissing it as harmless “men’s entertainment.” The pornography industry renamed itself the “adult entertainment industry” to create the perception that it’s just entertainment.
The reality is that porn is hugely addictive, and along with the addiction comes life-destroying side effects. It puts the addict into bondage that affects the lives of those around him or her. Also, it is not a victimless crime.
And it has become a chilling epidemic that is ruining the minds, families, and jobs of possibly half the men in the country.
Viewing pornography overstimulates a neurochemical in the body called dopamine. After repeatedly looking at porn, a tolerance is built up, and it becomes difficult for ordinary romance to provide pleasure.
Musician John Mayer has publicly admitted that his pornography habit is so strong he prefers to stay home with it instead of spending time with a real woman.
Some men end up forcing the pornographic acts they watch on their unwilling wives to try and become interested in them again. The rise in men’s erectile dysfunction aids is no doubt due in part to the increase in pornographic addictions.
Related Pages Of Encouragement:
- Falling in love
- Prevent a Divorce
- Sex is for marriage
- What is love
- Start Here to break the chains of pornography?
- More Help available for the battle of pornography here!
- Fascination Turns into Obsession Video
A Special Link for a Little Extra Encouragement
Are You Looking At Other With Wrong Eyes?
If you notice an attractive person, that’s okay. If you lust, that is not okay. Lusting equals adultery in God’s eyes. Remember the old saying, “If you look too long, you look wrong.” Matthew 5:27-28 You have heard it said; you shall not commit adultery. But I say to you, that whoever looks on a woman to lust for her has already committed adultery with her in his heart.
What are you trying to do to avoid allowing lustful thoughts? Pornography is more prevalent than you might think it is. “If you are struggling with pornography and need help,” you ask. “What is the first thing I should do?” Dr. Heath Lambert suggests two things you can do today.
There is help available to make the change. If you are a Christian, the same Spirit that helped to raise Jesus from the dead is the same Spirit at work in you. Watch the two video below for more Biblical-based encouragement from Heath Lambert, if you’d like to learn more about how the grace of Jesus can help you become free from the addiction to porn.
Prayer Is The Best Thing To Fight Pornography!
What If My Problems Seem Out Of Control?
Find Hope And Encouragement From Our Links!
- If you just started believing in God, we have a page specifically for you.
- If you are dealing with anger, stress, or depression, we have information that can be of help to you.
- We have phone helplines, website links, youtube videos.
- You can learn more about us and our goals and our purpose.
- If you have a drug/alcohol problem, or if you want to get right with God you are at the right place!
- If you need to talk to someone right away, you can call 800-633-3446 or click here.
For Encouragement Call 1-800-633-3446 or Chat