Please contact us if you have any questions or comments or would just like some encouragement?
Live by this credo: have a little laugh at life and look around you for happiness instead of sadness. Laughter has always brought me out of unhappy situations. ~ Red Skelton
Slam Dunk Some Fun From The NBA!
Laughter Is One Of The Best Medicines Available!
Steven Wright Will Make You Laugh Even If You DON’T WANT TO LAUGH!
Tim Hawkins Comedy Videos
Jeff Allen Comedy Videos
Michael Jr. Comedy Videos
Do You Love To Laugh?
Probably Because It Just Simply Feels So Good!
Watch A Little Popcorn Humor With Bill Greguska
DryBarComedy.com This Is A Clean Comedy Site.
Here Are Some Helpful Links:
- Does God have a sense of humor?
- How is sorrow better than laughter (Ecclesiastes 7:3)?
- How should a Christian view comedy?
- Is God a cosmic killjoy?
- What is holy laughter?
Enjoy More Humor With Comedian Tim Hawkins!
Do You Know Laughter Is Good For Your Health?
- Laughter helps to relax the whole body. A good, hearty laugh relieves physical tension and stress.
- Laughter lightens anger’s heavy load. Nothing diffuses anger and conflict faster than a shared laugh. Looking at the funny side can put problems into perspective and enable you to move on from confrontations.
- Laughter protects the heart. Laughter improves the function of blood vessels and increases blood flow, which can help protect you against a heart attack and other cardiovascular problems.
- Laughter may even help you to live longer. A study in Norway found that people with a strong sense of humor outlived those who don’t laugh as much. The difference was particularly notable for those battling cancer.
- Laughter burns calories. Okay, so it’s no replacement for going to the gym, but one study found that laughing for 10 to 15 minutes a day can burn approximately 40 calories.
- Laughter boosts the immune system. Laughter decreases stress hormones and increases immune cells and infection-fighting antibodies, which improves your disease resistance.
- Laughter triggers the release of endorphins, the body’s natural feel-good chemicals. Endorphins promote an overall sense of well-being and can even temporarily relieve pain.
The Benefits of Laughter and Humor
The Physical Health Benefits
- It relaxes your muscles and boosts immunity.
- Lowers stress hormones and decreases pain.
- Helps prevent heart disease.
The Mental Health Benefits
- It adds joy and zest to life, eases anxiety and tension.
- Relieves stress and improves your mood.
- Strengthens resilience and helps build confidence.
The Social Benefits
- Strengthens relationships and attracts others to us.
- Enhances teamwork and promotes group bonding.
- It helps defuse conflict and adds a sense of unity.
Laughter Helps You To Stay Mentally Healthy
- Laughter makes you feel good. And this positive feeling remains with you even after the laughter subsides.
- Even in the most difficult times, a laugh–or even simply a smile–can go a long way toward making you feel better.
- And laughter really is contagious—just hearing laughter primes your brain and readies you to smile and join in the fun.
The Link Between Laughter And Mental Health
- Laughter can stop distressing emotions. You can’t feel anxious, angry, or sad when you’re laughing.
- Laughter draws you closer to others, which can profoundly affect all aspects of your mental and emotional health.
- Laughter helps you relax and recharge. It reduces stress and increases energy, enabling you to stay focused and accomplish more.
- Laughter shifts perspective, allowing you to see situations in a more realistic, less threatening light. A humorous perspective creates psychological distance, which can help you avoid feelings of overwhelmedness and diffuse conflict.
More Things Laughter Helps Us With:
- Improves heart health
- Exercises the lungs
- Lowers blood pressure
- Help fight depression
- It helps us to relax
- Reduces problems with pain
- Helps develop creativity
- Improves your mood
- Releases built up anger.
- It just feels good to laugh.
What If My Problems Seem Out Of Control?
Find Hope And Encouragement From Our Links!
- If you just started believing in God, we have a page specifically for you.
- If you are dealing with anger, stress, or depression, we have information to help you.
- We have phone helplines, website links, youtube videos.
- You can learn more about us and our goals and our purpose.
- If you have a drug/alcohol problem, or if you want to get right with God, you are at the right place!
- If you need to talk to someone right away, you can call 800-633-3446 or click here.
- Finally, if you have any questions or want to get on our email list, just let us know.
For Encouragement Call 1-800-633-3446 or Chat