How To Know God Personally?
Please contact us if you have questions or comments or want some encouragement.
If you want to know how to know God personally, we have some straightforward ideas to share with you! The best way to know God is to pray about it and talk with a Christian pastor or friend. Get yourself a Bible and start reading it. The journey you will be on is worth finding where God wants you to be.
Just to be aware, it is not how much you know about God, Jesus, or the Bible. It is your personal and daily relationship through prayer, Bible reading, and fellowshipping with other believers that are the ways to enhance your ability to know God personally. ~ Bill Greguska
I Have Tried To Know God, But I Just Don’t Get It!
Basic Principles In Your Search Of How To Know God
How To Know God Is The Good News?
READING THE BIBLE IS HAVING A RELATIONSHIP WITH GOD!
Reading The Bible Daily Is Preparing Yourself To Be Used By God.
How Can I Inherit Eternal Life?
So, Your Job And Privilege Is To Read The Bible Every Day.
Remember, The Bible Is Unlike Any Other Book.
- What did you learn about God or yourself.
- How you can apply the verses to your life.
Fundamental Way On How To Know God?
- Start by praying to gain wisdom and knowledge about God and His word. If you are new to prayer, consider it talking to God as if you were talking to a friend.
- Humbly ask God to reveal Himself to you through prayer, reading the Bible, and fellowship with others.
- Get a Bible and start by reading Proverbs or 1 John 1-5. (think of questions while you are reading)
- Visit GotQuestions.org, ask questions, and get Biblical answers based on scriptures.
- If you know a Christian, ask them if you could sit down and talk to them about their faith, ask questions and start to get the answers you need.
- Do not restrict your questions. God tells us to come to Him like little children.
- You could also talk with a pastor to collect more information on your quest to find God. These things can be done in person, on the phone, email.
- God doesn’t want us to merely find facts about Him; He wants us to find Him with our whole being. He wants you to know Him personally and have a relationship with him, which involves intellect and heart.
- At some point, develop your testimony and share it with others you know and even strangers.
- Make a list of qualities of God and your Christian faith that you are learning about. Starting a journal is also a great idea.
How To Know God If You Are An Atheist?
10 More Good Ideas To Keep In Mind While Searching For God!
- Do not lose heart if your search to know God does not go as quickly as possible. Be patient, and God will show Himself to you day by day and week by week.
- Keep praying each morning when you wake up and throughout the day.
- It is wise to hold loosely to your preconceived notions about God and the Bible until you learn firsthand which God is from the Bible itself.
- Take time to go on YouTube to investigate more by searching for things you want to know in the search bar.
- I would suggest reading other Christian books that help you understand the Bible better, but be careful not to allow them to replace your reading of the Bible.
- Visit Biblegateway.com and do word searches on things you want to learn more about.
- Ask others how they discovered Jesus Christ and what helped them develop a relationship with Christ?
- Ask others to share their testimony on how they found Jesus in their lives?
- Become more aware of God and His creation, keeping in mind that God created the heavens, earth, and everything and everybody in it.
- Remember that we must come to God with faith like little children.
Some Specific Scriptures To Encourage You:
2 Thessalonians 1:8 ESV
In flaming fire, inflicting vengeance on those who do not know God and on those who do not obey the gospel of our Lord Jesus.
Psalm 100:3 ESV
Know that the Lord, he is God! It is he who made us, and we are his; we are his people and the sheep of his pasture.
James 5:15 ESV
And the prayer of faith will save the one who is sick, and the Lord will raise him up. And if he has committed sins, he will be forgiven.
1 John 4:4 ESV
Little children, you are from God and have overcome them, for he who is in you is greater than he who is in the world.
1 John 1:9 ESV
If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
Ephesians 2:8-9 ESV
For by grace, you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast.
Galatians 5:19-21 ESV
Now the works of the flesh are evident: sexual immorality, impurity, sensuality, idolatry, sorcery, enmity, strife, jealousy, fits of anger, rivalries, dissensions, divisions, envy, drunkenness, orgies, and things like these. I warn you, as I warned you before, that those who do such things will not inherit the kingdom of God.
John 5:28-29 ESV
Do not marvel at this, for an hour is coming when all who are in the tombs will hear his voice and come out, those who have done good to the resurrection of life and those who have done evil to the resurrection of judgment.
1 John 5:13 ESV
I write these things to you who believe in the name of the Son of God that you may know that you have eternal life.
1 Peter 2:11 ESV
Beloved, I urge you as sojourners and exiles to abstain from the passions of the flesh, which wage war against your soul.
James 4:7 ESV
Submit yourselves, therefore, to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.
James 2:24 ESV
You see that a person is justified by works and not by faith alone.
James 2:18 ESV
But someone will say, “You have faith, and I have works.” Show me your faith apart from your works, and I will show you my faith by my works.
James 2:14 ESV
What good is it, my brothers, if someone says he has faith but does not have works? Can that faith save him?
James 1:14-15 ESV
But each person is tempted when he is lured and enticed by his own desire. Then desire, when it has conceived, gives birth to sin, and sin, when it is fully grown, brings forth death.
Hebrews 13:4 ESV
Let marriage be held in honor among all, and let the marriage bed be undefiled, for God will judge the sexually immoral and adulterous.
Hebrews 11:6 ESV
And without faith, it is impossible to please him, for whoever would draw near to God must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who seek him.
Hebrews 9:27 ESV
And just as it is appointed for man to die once, and after that comes judgment,
Hebrews 7:25 ESV
Consequently, he is able to save to the uttermost those who draw near to God through him since he always lives to make intercession for them.
Hebrews 4:12 ESV
For the word of God is living and active, sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing to the division of soul and of spirit, of joints and of marrow, and discerning the thoughts and intentions of the heart.
2 Timothy 3:15 ESV
And how from childhood, you have been acquainted with the sacred writings, which are able to make you wise for salvation through faith in Christ Jesus.
2 Timothy 2:15 ESV
Do your best to present yourself to God as one approved, a worker who has no need to be ashamed, rightly handling the word of truth.
2 Timothy 2:14 ESV
Remind them of these things, and charge them before God not to quarrel about words, which does no good, but only ruins the hearers.
1 Timothy 2:5 ESV
For there is one God, and there is one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus.
Find Hope And Encouragement From Our Links!
- If you just started believing in God, we have a page specifically for you.
- If you are dealing with anger, stress, or depression, we have information that can help you.
- We have phone helplines, website links, and YouTube videos.
- You can learn more about us, our goals, and our purpose.
- If you have a drug/alcohol problem or want to get right with God, you are at the right place!
- If you need to talk to someone right away, you can call 800-633-3446 or click here.
- Finally, if you have any questions or want to get on our email list, just let us know.
For Encouragement, Call 1-800-633-3446 or Chat