Please contact us if you have any questions or comments or would just like some encouragement?
Don’t you hate it when you can not sleep? I know I hate it! There are times when we can not sleep for some reason or another. Sometimes it is stress, worries, overeating before bed, etc. We have some suggestions to make getting a good night’s sleep more effortless for you no matter the reason. Keep in mind that a clear conscience is a great place to start! I have learned that prayer can be the best remedy, but if I still can not sleep, the best thing is to get up for at least 15 minutes or more and then try again. Another thing is not to rehearse the problems of the day over and over. If you are at odds with anyone, it is wise to resolve your issues during daytime hours. ~ Bill Greguska
Bedtime Sleep Calculator
Habits That Can Improve Your Sleep Quality:
- Be consistent. Go to bed at the same time each night and get up at the same time each morning, including on the weekends
- Make sure your bedroom is quiet, dark, relaxing, and at a comfortable temperature
- Remove electronic devices, such as TVs, computers, and smartphones, from the bedroom
- Avoid large meals, caffeine, and alcohol before bedtime
- Get some exercise. Being physically active during the day can help you fall asleep more easily at night.
A Prayer And Tips For Better Sleep At Night!
Follow These Tips To Establish Healthy Sleep Habits:
- Keep a consistent sleep schedule. Get up at the same time every day, even on weekends or during vacations.
- Set a bedtime that is early enough for you to get at least 7-8 hours of sleep.
- Don’t go to bed unless you are sleepy.
- If you don’t fall asleep after 20 minutes, get out of bed. Do a quiet activity without a lot of light exposure. It is essential not to get on electronics.
- Establish a relaxing bedtime routine.
- Use your bed only for sleep and sex.
- Make your bedroom quiet and relaxing. Keep the room at a comfortable, cool temperature.
- Limit exposure to bright light in the evenings.
- Turn off electronic devices at least 30 minutes before bedtime.
- Don’t eat a large meal before bedtime. If you are hungry at night, eat a light, healthy snack.
- Exercise regularly and maintain a healthy diet.
- Avoid consuming caffeine in the afternoon or evening.
- Avoid consuming alcohol before bedtime.
- Reduce your fluid intake before bedtime.
What Should I Do If I Can’t Sleep
- Go to bed.
- Go to sleep.
- Wake up.
- Get out of bed.
- Take naps.
- Drink alcohol.
- Drink caffeinated beverages.
Mayo Clinic Sleep Better Tips!
Sleep Tips: 6 Steps To Better Sleep
1. Stick To A Sleep Schedule
2. Pay Attention To What You Eat And Drink
3. Create A Restful Environment
4. Limit Daytime Naps
5. Include Physical Activity In Your Daily Routine
6. Manage Worries
Know When To Contact Your Doctor
Mayo Clinic Minute: Sleep Spoiler – Tips for a Good Night’s Rest
Find Hope And Encouragement From Our Links!
- If you just started believing in God, we have a page specifically for you.
- If you are dealing with anger, stress, or depression, we have information to help you.
- We have phone helplines, website links, and YouTube videos.
- You can learn more about us, our goals, and our purpose.
- If you have a drug/alcohol problem, or if you want to get right with God, you are at the right place!
- If you need to talk to someone right away, you can call 800-633-3446 or click here.
- Finally, if you have any questions or want to get on our email list, just let us know.
For Encouragement, Call 1-800-633-3446 or Chat