Want To Encourage A Friend?
Please contact us if you have any questions or comments, or would just like some encouragement?
To have a good friend, you must be a good friend to them! ~ Bill Greguska
Proverbs 17:17 A friend loves at all times, and a brother is born for a time of adversity.
Seven Ways to Encourage Others
- Pray for them when you are together, and at home alone.
- Point them to a saving knowledge of who Jesus Christ is.
- Show them in tangible ways that you care about them.
- Tell them verbally that you care.
- Tell them in writing that you care.
- Offer to spend time with them, or help them with a project.
- Share with others how much you care about them.
- Trust them with more responsibilities.
- Remind them about their good qualities.
- Help them be the best that they can be.
Ideas To Encourage A Freind, Or Make A Friend:
- Bake something and share friends.
- Be a bingo caller. Nursing homes are filled with people who have very few visitors.
- Buy something for someone else. Buy the person’s hamburger in a drive-through. Pay for someone’s gas.
- Buy someone some flowers.
- Celebrate accomplishments. Large or small.
- During your quiet time, lift friends in prayer.
- Give a hug. Studies have shown that hugs lower blood pressure and can heighten your sense of belonging.
- Give a sincere compliment.
- Help a friend move. With the help of a friend, the burden drastically gets reduced.
- Lend a helping hand anywhere and at any time.
- Listen. Sit down with a friend for a soda or cup of coffee and let them talk.
- Make a meal for someone
- Mow a yard, rake some leaves, shovel snow for an elderly or disabled person.
- Pass along a book that changed your life to some degree.
- Praise a parent.
- Pray a short prayer with someone immediately when they share a need.
- Send a card in the mail, letting someone know you’re thinking of them.
- Send someone serving in the military a care package.
- Tell someone how they have encouraged you in the past.
- Thank someone. Many people work behind the scene, so let them know you are grateful for their help.
- Use social media to pass along thoughtful words.
- Volunteer to watch kids. Let parents have a date night.
- Volunteer. This almost turns into a selfish act because of how amazing you feel at the end of assisting. Make a difference with Special Olympics, the local food bank, or homeless shelter.
- When you are introducing someone, share a few words about talent or gift they have.
- Write a handwritten letter or even an email to someone’s boss, for someone who went out of their way to serve you in a particularly kind way. Let the boss know how happy that made you.
Encouragement Resource Links:
Encourage A Friend Today!
Encourage A Family Member?
When encouraging someone, there must be trust, respect! Encourage a friend when they reach out to you or even when you see them not being themselves. You know, when they seem down or preoccupied with something on their mind.
God says we ought to love and encourage one another, and that is what we ought to do! You can help someone by just spending time with them!
Share encouragement with them whenever you have the opportunity. Relate to their struggles by sharing how you dealt with a similar situation you had? ~ Bill Greguska
One Simple Way To Encourage A Friend!
Above All Find Simple Ways To Honor God And Help Others!
How to Pray to God and for Others
- Be kinder to those who irritate you.
- Forgive someone who has wronged you.
- Trust God has a plan for your life.
- Take better care of yourself (exercise, diet, sleep, etc.).
- Help those in need; pray for yourself and others.
- Look for the good in others and your situation.
What If My Problems Seem Out Of Control?
We Pray You Find Hope And Encouragement From Our Links!
- If you just started believing in God, we have a page specifically for you.
- If you are dealing with anger, stress, or depression, we have information that can be of help to you.
- We have phone helplines, website links, youtube videos.
- You can learn more about us and our goals and our purpose.
- If you have a drug/alcohol problem or if you want to get right with God, you are at the right place!
- If you need to talk to someone right away, you can call 800-633-3446 or click here.
- Finally, if you have any questions or would like to get on our email list, just let us know.
For Encouragement Call 1-800-633-3446 or Chat