Do You Pray Hard, or Do You Hardly Pray?
How often do you really pray hard? Is it only when a crisis like death, physical problems, financial problems, etc.? Do you believe that God hears your prayers? Do you believe God answers the prayers of a righteous man or woman? I had prayed many times when my back was up against the wall in a tough situation. I also have pray when things are going well. I pray for others, for myself, and I pray that God’s will be done, not mine.
One of the reasons that we pray is because prayer gives us answers from God that we might never have thought of without prayer. Also, we can see answers that previously were foggy and unclear. Why do we pray hard? Because God tells us to. Prayer gives us comfort, confidence, and wisdom that we can only get from God. Pray because you know God hears your cries of help. Why pray the sinner’s prayer, and what is it?~ Bill Greguska
Discover What Happens When You Pray Because You Believe?
- I prayed that God would grant me patience. God said, No. Patience is a result of tribulations; it isn’t a given, it is learned and developed.
- I prayed that God could take away my pain. God said, No. Temporary suffering takes you away from worldly concerns and brings you closer to me.
- I prayed that God would give me happiness. God said, No. I will bless you with many things, but happiness is up to you.
- I prayed that God would make my spirit grow. God said, No. You need to develop on your own, but I will be here to prune you to make you fruitful.
- I prayed that God would give me things that I might enjoy life. God said, No. I will give you life so that you may enjoy all things.
- I prayed that God would help me love others, as much as He loves me. God said. Finally, you have the right idea!
– Original author unknown
How do You Pray Hard and do You Pray Right?
“Never forget the three powerful resources you always have available to you: love, prayer, and forgiveness.” Jackson Brown
Daniel 9:3 So I turned to the Lord God and pleaded with him in prayer and petition, in fasting, and in sackcloth and ashes.
Related Pages of Encouragement:
A Special Link for a Little Extra Encouragement
Pray Hard, Don’t Just Go Through The Motions!
Why do You Pray?
Prayer of Insight, Billy Graham
Heavenly Father, we come before you today to ask your forgiveness and to seek your direction and guidance. We know Your Word says, “Woe to those who call evil good,” but that is exactly what we have done. We have lost our spiritual equilibrium and reversed our values.
We have exploited the poor and called it the lottery. We have rewarded laziness and called it welfare. We have killed our unborn and called it a choice. We have shot abortionists and called it justifiable.
We have neglected to discipline our children and called it building self-esteem. We have abused power and called it politics. We have coveted our neighbor’s possessions and called it ambition.
We have polluted the air with profanity and pornography and called it freedom of expression. We have ridiculed the time-honored values of our forefathers and called it enlightenment. Search us, Oh God, and Know our hearts today; cleanse us from sin and set us free. Amen!
Please contact us if you have any questions or comments or would just like some encouragement?
You pray for rain, you gotta deal with the mud too. That’s a part of it. ~ Denzel Washington
1 Thessalonians 5:16-18 Rejoice always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.