Bible Truths Or Sayings?
Please contact us if you have any questions or comments or would just like some encouragement?
There’s nothing written in the Bible, Old or New Testament, that says, ‘If you believe in Me, you ain’t going to have no troubles.’ ~ Ray Charles
What Does The Bible Say? Take A Closer Look!
Bible Truths – Does The Bible Say?
God’s Words vs. Man’s Words
Years ago, I used to wonder what does the Bible say about the topics of the day?
I also wondered where my mom and dad got those one-liners such as, “Doing unto others as I would want them to do to me?” Or, “That we ought to love one another?”
It made me think about other saying and if they were actually from the Bible or not?
I learned over a period that many sayings may sound like they are from the Bible, but they are not!
Below you will see what I am referring to. I hope this will encourage you to read your Bible to learn what it says and what it does not say?
I hope and pray that you grow in a closer relationship with God through Bible truths. ~ Bill Greguska
Here Are Some Helpful Links:
- Miscellaneous Bible Questions?
- Part 2 variety of topics?
- Taming the tongue, why is it so difficult?
- Variety of topics?
- What about talking too much?
The Bible Truths In 11 Minutes!
1. Does The Bible Say? “God Helps Those Who Help Themselves.”
Ben Franklin (1706-1790)
“God helps those who help themselves” Poor Richard’s Almanac. (is not in God’s word)
The LORD gives victory to his anointed. He answers him from his heavenly sanctuary with the victorious power of his right hand. Some trust in chariots and some in horses, but we trust in the name of the LORD our God. They are brought to their knees and fall, but we rise and stand firm. Psalms 20:6-8
You have been a refuge for the poor, a refuge for the needy in his distress, a shelter from the storm and a shade from the heat. For the breath of the ruthless is like a storm driving against a wall. Isaiah 25:4
You see, at just the right time, when we were still powerless, Christ died for the ungodly. Romans 5:6
2. Does The Bible Say? “Money Is The Root Of All Evil?”
Misquoted often by various writers over the ages. The Bible does not proclaim money as evil. However, it does declare that the love and lust toward money are where the problem lies. (is not in God’s word)
No one can serve two masters. Either you will hate the one and love the other, or you will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and money. Matthew 6:24
For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evil. Some people, eager for money, have wandered from the faith and pierced themselves with many griefs. 1 Timothy 6:10
3. Does The Bible Say? “The Eye Is A Window To The Soul?”
Most attribute the quote to an old English proverb, and some feel the quote could have come from a poet in the Elizabethan age. (is not in God’s word)
The eye is the lamp of the body. If your eyes are healthy, your whole body will be full of light. But if your eyes are unhealthy, your whole body will be full of darkness. If then the light within you is darkness, how great is that darkness! Matthew 6:22-23
Discover What Is In The Bible!
What If My Problems Seem Out Of Control?
Find Hope And Encouragement From Our Links!
- If you just started believing in God, we have a page specifically for you.
- If you are dealing with anger, stress, or depression, we have information that can be of help to you.
- We have phone helplines, website links, youtube videos.
- You can learn more about us and our goals and our purpose.
- If you have a drug/alcohol problem, or if you want to get right with God you are at the right place!
- If you need to talk to someone right away, you can call 800-633-3446 or click here.
- Finally, if you have any questions, or would like to get on our email list, just let us know.