Talk Less And Listen To God More!
Please contact us if you have any questions or comments, or would just like some encouragement!
I try to listen to God in all areas of my life, yet still having a sinful nature, I sometimes follow my flesh and sinful instincts. Thankfully God forgives us when we confess our sins to Him. Even though God is full of grace, we still always need to honor Him with our lives. ~ Bill Greguska
How To Test When You Hear God’s Voice!
Lectio Divina Prayer And Meditation (Listen to God)
The Lectio Divina Gets Broken Up Into Four Parts:
Decide Ahead Of Time To Listen To God!
- Lectio (Read)- The first part will take two to five minutes to ask God to speak, and then (Select a scripture or use one of your favorites). Then read your selected scripture (no more than three verses) aloud several times. The reason we read it aloud is actually to hear it. Sometimes understanding a passage, especially a familiar one, helps us see it freshly.
- Meditatio (Mediate)- The second part is to meditate, and this will require approximately 15-20 minutes. When meditating on the scriptures, you go over and over again waiting with hope that God will bring up to you a word or phrase, or concept from the scripture.
- Oratio (Pray)– The third step of Lectio Divina is a prayer which will take about 5-15 minutes. Your prayer is a direct response to God over the time of meditation, whether you are making impassioned pleas, more confession, or personal requests.
- Contemplatio (Contemplation) Finally, and probably the most difficult of all is contemplation. Contemplation is merely resting in and enjoying the presence of God, and this is where silence is most important. It is also the time when God may choose to speak to your soul. It usually takes another 25-40 minutes. The hard part about this is not talking, because we are so used to talking and noise while God tends to whisper to see if we are seeking Him and listening to Him. Mark 1:35
Listen To God When He Speaks In Different Ways!
The Purpose Of Lectio Divina Is To Meet With God!
I Want To Listen To God!
Here Are Some Helpful Links:
- Does God still speak to us today?
- How can I tap into the wisdom of God?
- Does it mean something special that God speaks in a still small voice?
- To have a personal relationship with God means what?
- What is Christian Devotional Meditation?
How To Listen To God When He Speaks To You!
What If My Problems Seem Out Of Control?
Find Hope And Encouragement From Our Links!
- If you just started believing in God, we have a page specifically for you.
- If you are dealing with anger, stress, or depression, we have information that can be of help to you.
- We have phone helplines, website links, youtube videos.
- You can learn more about us and our goals and our purpose.
- If you have a drug/alcohol problem, or if you want to get right with God you are at the right place!
- If you need to talk to someone right away, you can call 800-633-3446 or click here.
- Finally, if you have any questions, or would like to get on our email list, just let us know.
For Encouragement Call 1-800-633-3446 or Chat