Listen To God More, And Talk Less!
Please contact us if you have any questions or comments, or would just like some encouragement!
I try to listen to God in all areas of my life, yet still having a sinful nature, I sometimes follow my flesh and sinful instincts. Thankfully God forgives us when we confess our sins to Him. Even though God is full of grace, we still always need to honor Him with our lives. ~ Bill Greguska
Learn How To Listen To God!
Learn About Specific Scriptures Of Encouragement!
What does the Open Bible say about listening?
What does Biblegateway say about listening?
Decide Ahead Of Time To Listen To God!
First Prepare Your Heart to Hear from Him
Are you eager to hear from God? You can not listen to God if your mind is distracted? So it is with God. If you want to hear Him speak, you must be quiet and you must be focused on what He is saying to you. If you pray and listen to God each day, your relationship with Him will grow greatly. Pick a place in your home (or even outside of your home and a time to meet with God every day.
Prayer is how you begin a conversation with God. After you pray, take time to how God is speaking to your heart. You must shut out other things in your life to pray effectively. I advise you to find a quiet place alone.
“Let the morning bring me word of your unfailing love, for I have put my trust in you. Show me the way I should go, for to you I lift up my soul” Psalm 143:8.
Take the effort to search for God each morning, and how He wants you to use your day. His mercies are new every morning Lamentations 3:22, 23. You must find the time of day that works for you, but the morning is the best time if that is possible. Listening to God requires the right attitude in our hearts and minds. In order to listen to God and receive His instruction, we must want to do His will, but if we are stubbornly holding on to our own desires, we are likely to get an unclear message that will not be God’s voice. Because of doing our own thing, our actions will not be in line with God and His will.
I like what it says in Psalm 40:8 about doing God’s will, “I desire to do your will, O my God; your law is within my heart.”
If your desire is to do God’s perfect will, you are on your way to a life that will not only glorify God but will find purpose, and contentment in your life.
WHAT DO YOU THINK? – We have all sinned and deserve God’s judgment. God, the Father, sent His only Son to satisfy that judgment for those who believe in Him. Jesus, the creator and eternal Son of God, who lived a sinless life, loves us so much that He died for our sins, taking the punishment that we deserve, was buried, and rose from the dead according to the Bible. If you truly believe and trust this in your heart, receiving Jesus alone as your Savior, declaring, “Jesus is Lord,” you will be saved from judgment and spend eternity with God in heaven.
What is your response?
Yes, today I am deciding to follow Jesus
Yes, I am already a follower of Jesus
Listen To God When He Speaks In Different Ways!
The Purpose Of Lectio Divina Is To Meet With God!
23 Ways To Humble Yourself In God’s Sight
- Ponder on the infinite greatness of God.
- Think about all of our sins against God and the unbelievable mercy he’s poured out on you.
- Take a look at your human frailty.
- Realize your complete inability to control a single thing in this life.
- Soberly acknowledge that all things, talents, and gifts you have are from God and he could remove at any time.
- Thank God that if it wasn’t for God keeping you from sin you’d plunge headlong into it.
- Practice confessing your sins and temptations to God and others.
- Be the first to ask for forgiveness of those you sin against, even if they sinned against you first.
- Always try to be quick to listen and slow to share your own opinions.
- Don’t fall into the temptation to think that you’re right all the time.
- Acknowledge that there are far more gifted and godly people than you are.
- Each day cultivate thankfulness.
- Contemplate your many areas of weakness.
- Understand that you’re dispensable.
- Consider that the things that bother you about others may be things you do as well.
- Practice inviting constructive criticism on a regular basis.
- Get out and simply serve others.
- Take a sincere interest in others.
- Make sure you pray consistently
- Do not be afraid to ask for help, wisdom, and prayer from others.
- When others compliment you, thank them, then give all the glory to God in silent prayer.
- Make it a point to sincerely rejoice when others are promoted, praised, or honored.
- Take time often to contemplate the cross.
Here Are Some Helpful Links:
- Does God still speak to us today?
- How can I tap into the wisdom of God?
- Does it mean something special that God speaks in a still small voice?
- To have a personal relationship with God means what?
- What is Christian Devotional Meditation?
What If My Problems Seem Out Of Control?
Find Hope And Encouragement From Our Links!
- If you just started believing in God, we have a page specifically for you.
- If you are dealing with anger, stress, or depression, we have information that can be of help to you.
- We have phone helplines, website links, youtube videos.
- You can learn more about us and our goals and our purpose.
- If you have a drug/alcohol problem, or if you want to get right with God you, are at the right place!
- If you need to talk to someone right away, you can call 800-633-3446 or click here.
- Finally, if you have any questions, or would like to get on our email list, just let us know.
For Encouragement Call 1-800-633-3446 or Chat