Can We Listen To God More, And Talk Less!
- People would be much better off listening to God more and talking less. Pastor Mark Mallwitz always told me to pray to God before talking to anyone about whatever situation I find myself in. I try to listen to God in all areas of my life, yet I still have a sinful nature. Unfortunately, I sometimes follow my flesh and evil instincts, which cause sin to enter my life. It is much better to keep my eyes on the Lord, follow His truth, and stay out of the temptations that evil presents.
Thankfully God forgives us when we confess our sins to Him. Even though God is full of grace, we still always need to honor Him with our lives. I have learned that I can learn much more by being quiet and listening to others speak than I can by talking. So bottom line, listen more than you speak, and you will be much better off! ~ Bill Greguska
God’s Plan For You
God Is Good
Does God Allow Evil?
How To Listen To God?
Visit All Our Pages
How To Pray?
Video On How To Pray More Effectively?
How To Find A Good Church?
Free Christian Counseling
How To Hear The Voice Of God?
Decide Ahead Of Time To Listen To God!
First, I want you to prepare your heart to hear from Him. Are you eager to hear from God? You can not listen to God if your mind is distracted. So it is with God. If you want to listen to speak, you must be quiet and focused on what He is saying to you. Your relationship with Him will grow significantly if you pray and listen to God each day. Find a place in your home (or even outside) and a time to meet with God daily.
Prayer is how you begin a conversation with God. After you pray, take time to see how God is speaking to your heart. You must shut out other things in your life to pray effectively. I suggest you find a quiet place alone.
Make an effort to search for God each morning, and discover how He wants you to use your day. His mercies are new every morning Lamentations 3:22, 23. Please find the time of day that works for you. Listening to God requires the right attitude in our hearts and minds. To listen to God and receive His instruction, we need to do His will, but if we stubbornly hold on to our desires, we will likely get an unclear message that will not be God’s voice. Because of doing our own thing, our actions will not be in line with God and His will.
I like what it says in Psalm 40:8 about doing God’s will, “I desire to do your will, O my God; your law is within my heart.”
If you desire to do God’s perfect will, you are on your way to a life that will glorify God and find purpose and contentment in your life.
What Do You Think?
We have all sinned and deserve God’s judgment. God, the Father, sent His only Son to satisfy that judgment for those who believe in Him. Jesus, the creator and eternal Son of God, who lived a sinless life, loves us so much that He died for our sins, took the punishment that we deserve, was buried, and rose from the dead, according to the Bible. If you truly believe and trust this in your heart, receiving Jesus alone as your Savior, declaring, “Jesus is Lord,” you will be saved from judgment and spend eternity with God in heaven.
What Is Your Response?
Yes, today, I am deciding to follow Jesus
Yes, I am already a follower of Jesus
23 Ways To Humble Yourself In God’s Sight
- Ponder on the infinite greatness of God.
- Think about all of our sins against God and the incredible mercy he’s poured out on you.
- Take a look at your human frailty.
- Realize your inability to control a single thing in this life.
- Soberly acknowledge that all things, talents, and gifts you have are from God, and he can remove them at any time.
- Thank God that if it weren’t for God keeping you from sin, you’d plunge headlong into it.
- Practice confessing your sins and temptations to God and others.
- Be the first to ask for forgiveness of those you sin against, even if they sinned against you first.
- Always try to be quick to listen and slow to share your own opinions.
- Don’t succumb to thinking that you’re right all the time.
- Acknowledge that there are far more gifted and godly people than you are.
- Each day, cultivate thankfulness.
- Contemplate your many areas of weakness.
- Understand that you’re dispensable.
- Consider that the things that bother you about others may also be things you do.
- Practice inviting constructive criticism regularly.
- Get out and serve others.
- Take a sincere interest in others.
- Make sure you pray consistently
- Do not be afraid to ask others for help, wisdom, and prayer.
- When others compliment you, thank them, then give all the glory to God in silent prayer.
- Make it a point to sincerely rejoice when others are promoted, praised, or honored.
- Take time often to contemplate the cross.
“Watch and pray so that you will not fall into temptation. The spirit is willing, but the flesh is weak.” Matthew 26:41
Learn How To Hear The Voice Of God!
Here Are Some Helpful Links:
- Does God still speak to us today?
- How can I tap into the wisdom of God?
- Does it mean something special that God speaks in a still, small voice?
- To have a personal relationship with God means what?
- What is Christian Devotional Meditation?
Some Specific Scriptures To Encourage You:
James 1:19 ESV
Know this, my beloved brothers: let every person be quick to hear, slow to speak, slow to anger;
2 Peter 1:21 ESV
For no prophecy was ever produced by the will of man, but men spoke from God as they were carried along by the Holy Spirit.
John 17:17 ESV
Sanctify them in the truth; your word is truth.
John 17:3 ESV
And this is eternal life, that they know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom you have sent.
John 5:39 ESV
You search the Scriptures because you think that in them you have eternal life; and it is they that bear witness about me,
Ezekiel 3:2-15 ESV
So I opened my mouth, and he gave me this scroll to eat. And he said to me, “Son of man, feed your belly with this scroll that I give you and fill your stomach with it.” Then I ate it, and it was in my mouth as sweet as honey. And he said to me, “Son of man, go to the house of Israel and speak with my words to them. For you are not sent to a people of foreign speech and a hard language, but to the house of Israel— not to many peoples of foreign speech and a hard language, whose words you cannot understand. Surely, if I sent you to such, they would listen to you.
Proverbs 1:7 ESV
The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge; fools despise wisdom and instruction.
Find Hope And Encouragement From Our Links!
- If you just started believing in God, we have a page specifically for you.
- If you are dealing with anger, stress, or depression, we have information that can help you.
- We have phone helplines, website links, and YouTube videos.
- You can learn more about us, our goals, and our purpose.
- If you have a drug/alcohol problem or want to get right with God, you are at the right place!
- If you need to talk to someone right away, you can call 800-633-3446 or click here.
- Finally, if you have any questions or want to get on our email list, just let us know.