Please contact us if you have questions or comments or want encouragement.
The key to a better marriage is the willingness to forgive, overlook, and love your spouse how you would like to be loved. I like what Rick Warren said, “Marriage does not create problems. Marriage reveals problems.”
God needs to be at the center of your marriage. A better marriage is not based on better sex. A better marriage is based on a commitment to God, sacrificial love, forgiveness, communication, teamwork, and a few other things! ~ Bill Greguska
A Better Marriage MUST Include Forgiveness!
Specific Relationship Resource Links:
Do You Want A Better Marriage? Invite God To Be In It!
The ideal place to learn how to have a better marriage is from a couple who has already been married for 30-40 years or more. A successful marriage requires falling in love often, over and over, with the same person. If you are still single, take the time to get to know your partner who you are dating. Depending on the people involved, it would be wise to date at least one year before getting engaged. It would be best if you had time to get to know one another. Even one year can be a little short.
To avoid buyers ‘ regret, make it a point to agree on things before you get married. Both of you ought to have the mindset that once you get married, there is no turning back, for better or worse, for richer or poorer, in health and sickness, until death do you part. Before marriage, both eyes need to be open, and both ears need to be open. A great idea is when you get married, you need to close one eye and one ear after you say your vows. This way, you are saying you will love and respect one another forever. This is why I say a good marriage starts when you are dating. ~ Bill Greguska
Here Are Some Helpful Links:
Principles Involved In Having A Better Marriage!
- A good marriage takes effort, love, forgiveness, and prayer!
- Your spouse ought to be your best friend right behind God.
- Do not allow communication in your marriage to break down. I agree that a healthy discussion is key to the success of your marriage.
- Honesty, respect, love, and forgiveness are not negotiable in healthy relationships.
- Being able to forgive others is more critical than you might think, and ask for forgiveness from others.
- Remembering the principle of doing unto others as you would want them to do to you is a key to a good healthy marriage.
- If you are married, stay married and work out your problems.
- Remind yourself why you got married in the first place.
- Never underestimate the importance of showing love to your spouse and telling them that you love them.
- I believe that so many marriages turn into divorce because the two people can not or choose not to forgive one another!
- Sex is honored by both the husband and wife, and sex is meant for marriage only
Tools To Save Your Marriage
Take The Pressure Off!
You don’t have to fix anyone. It’s not your job. You can’t even do it if you want to, so there’s no point in also trying.
Conflict with your spouse is going to happen. And when it does, you can react by attempting to fix your husband or wife. You can be Spirit-led and respond biblically by loving one another with the love of Christ. Looking to Him to fulfill your every need. ~ Pete Briscoe
Some Specific Scriptures To Encourage You:
1 Peter 4:8 ESV
Above all, keep loving one another earnestly since love covers a multitude of sins.
1 Peter 3:7 ESV
Likewise, husbands, live with your wives in an understanding way, showing honor to the woman as the weaker vessel since they are heirs with you of the grace of life so that your prayers may not be hindered.
Colossians 3:19 ESV
Husbands, love your wives and do not be harsh with them.
1 Corinthians 13:13 ESV
So now faith, hope, and love abide, these three, but the greatest of these is love.
Hebrews 13:4 ESV
Let marriage be held in honor among all, and let the marriage bed be undefiled, for God will judge the sexually immoral and adulterous.
Titus 2:4-5 ESV
And so train the young women to love their husbands and children, to be self-controlled, pure, working at home, kind, and submissive to their own husbands, that the word of God may not be reviled.
1 Timothy 2:9-15 ESV
Likewise also that women should adorn themselves in respectable apparel, with modesty and self-control, not with braided hair and gold or pearls or costly attire, but with what is proper for women who profess godliness—with good works. Let a woman learn quietly with all submissiveness. I do not permit a woman to teach or to exercise authority over a man; rather, she is to remain quiet. For Adam was formed first, then Eve.
Colossians 3:18 ESV Wives, submit to your husbands, as is fitting in the Lord.
Find Hope And Encouragement From Our Links!
- If you just started believing in God, we have a page specifically for you.
- If you are dealing with anger, stress, or depression, we have information that can help you.
- We have phone helplines, website links, and YouTube videos.
- You can learn more about us, our goals, and our purpose.
- If you have a drug/alcohol problem or want to get right with God, you are at the right place!
- If you need to talk to someone right away, you can call 800-633-3446 or click here.
- Finally, if you have any questions or want to get on our email list, just let us know.
For Encouragement, Call 1-800-633-3446 or Chat