Recovering From Divorce Or A Broken Relationship!
Please contact us if you have questions or comments or want encouragement.
Visit All Our Pages
How To Pray?
Video On How To Pray More Effectively?
How To Find A Good Church?
Free Christian Counseling
Recovering From Divorce Through Prayer!
Can Recovering From Divorce Sometimes Be Quick Or Easy?
- The quick answer is no, BUT with God’s help and support of other believers, it won’t be as hard as you think. God loves us, and his compassion for us is overwhelming.
- Yes, God hates divorce, but he loves us and knows our needs for a companion, and if it is His will, He will prepare us the right person if we are patient to wait on the Lord. Keep in mind that there needs to be a grieving time and healing time. My grieving time was almost five years, and my healing time was another five years.
- Each of us heals and grieve at different speeds, but a rule of thumb to consider for dating again is to wait 1-3 years at least (per year of marriage) to get over your divorce. (yet you can experience measurable growth along the way.
- It is hard not to bring into your new relationship baggage that will only make things harder, but if you did get serious with your new partner, it would be possible to sexual attraction. You need to keep an open palm and allow the Lord to put into your palm the right person into your life, not just anyone, to fill the void of loneliness.
Recovering From Divorce Hurts Everyone With No Exception!
- Your marriage is worth the effort to try to rebuild. In our society, people go through financial, emotional, unfaithfulness, and lack of love, or respect, to name a few.
- If you are in a struggling marriage, pray to God for help. Examine your part in the situation and work on that rather than pointing the finger at your spouse.
- If you are single, take your time to make sure you are ready for marriage and that you and your partner take marriage very seriously for life. Hebrews 13:4
- Don’t say I do. If you mean, I hope so, yes, people do change, and sometimes for the worst, but that is when real love needs to apply.
- There are situations of abandonment and unfaithfulness that comes into play, but that still doesn’t mean one is obligated to divorce their partner, but it is an option.
Marriage Is The Ultimate Team Sport!
- If you are married, treat your spouse like you did dating, and don’t take your spouse for granted. If you do not work at your marriage, it opens a door for Satan to do damage.
- Marriage is a two-way street, and there are times when a partner does not care any longer to work on the marriage. God permitted divorce “Because of the hardness of their hearts.” People need to be willing to work through the hard times and find healing from divorce.
- The pain and scars may fade over time, but they will always be there to some degree deep down inside. Divorce is not something to jump into out of anger or hurt. It would help if you made an effort to learn how to heal from divorce or have even more problems on your hands.
How To Start Recovering From Divorce?
- Divorce is not recommended or even encouraged. Most can be said that sexual immorality and abandonment are grounds (an allowance) for divorce. Confession, forgiveness, reconciliation, and restoration are always the first steps.
- Divorce should only be viewed as a last resort as a form of the safety of either of the spouses. Prevent separation as far as possible within your power and with God’s strength and wisdom!
- It is hazardous to go beyond what the Bible says 1 Corinthians 4:6. The most common other grounds for divorce that people try to exercise are spousal abuse (emotional or physical), child abuse (emotional, physical, or sexual), addiction to pornography, drug/alcohol use, crime/imprisonment, and irresponsible use of money (such as gambling addiction). Many people do get divorced on these grounds. It is not recommended to do so upon any of these discoveries. Instead of talking, counseling and prayer must first be called upon for assistance.
More Ways People Are Recovering From Divorce!
- Try to understand that by saying the above are not biblical grounds for divorce, we are certainly not saying that a man/woman whose spouse is practicing such activities should stay in the situation.
- If there is any risk to self or children, separation is a good and the right step, and potentially down the road, divorce, if all else fails. For the children’s sake, avoiding a divorce can be a real motivation, yet the parents must seek help for themselves.
- Bottom line, what are the biblical grounds for divorce? The answer is sexual immorality and abandonment. But are there more reasons for divorce beyond these two?
- Possibly. Is divorce ever to be treated lightly or used as the first recourse? God is capable of healing and renewing any marriage, no matter how complicated things have gotten. Always prevent a divorce if you can because separation or divorce should only occur in cases of repeated and unrepentant heinous sin.
Recovering From Divorce Is The Goal!
- An excellent resource to use is called DivorceCare.org; they will help you heal and get your life back.
- No matter your situation concerning your divorce, the answer to the question, “Is there life after divorce?” A simple response to this issue is “YES,” but that is not without any scares or sometimes life-long damage involved.
- One of the first things to do is get closer to God and maintain friendships with those you love and love you and are out for your best interest. The second point to remember is not to rush into a new dating relationship, trying to fill the void; that only asks for big trouble.
- I have compared death to divorce. I experienced one divorce and a few immediate deaths in my life, including my mother, a couple of best friends, and other family members like my dad. All the deaths in my life were not as bad as the divorce that I went through.
- The reason is the hurt and bad feelings connected to a divorce, not to mention the splitting of the mutual friends and back-biting of the other spouse’s family and friends who took sides with the husband or wife they were dear to you. Contrary to death, divorced people are still around, which can be haunting in a current way.
How Long Does Recovering From Divorce Take?
- Your divorce will follow you for the rest of your life, but the intensity of your feelings will diminish. To answer that depends on how long you were married and other variables. So the answer to the question, can you heal from a divorce? The answer, without a doubt, is YES!
- remember that, yes, you can heal from a divorce, although it depends on how you deal with your feelings and thoughts. Stay close to godly people, and be sure to get some emotional support from a pastor, counselor, support group, or even a close friend that you can trust.
Some Specific Scriptures To Encourage You:
James 5:16 ESV
Therefore, confess your sins to one another and pray for one another that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous person has great power as it is working.
Ezekiel 37:1-28 ESV
The hand of the Lord was upon me, and he brought me out in the Spirit of the Lord and set me down in the middle of the valley; it was full of bones. And he led me around among them, and behold, there were very many on the surface of the valley, and behold, they were very dry. And he said to me, “Son of man, can these bones live?” And I answered, “O Lord God, you know.” Then he said to me, “Prophesy over these bones and say to them, O dry bones, hear the word of the Lord. Thus says the Lord God to these bones: Behold, I will cause breath to enter you, and you shall live.
1 Peter 4:17 ESV
For it is time for judgment to begin at the household of God, and if it begins with us, what will be the outcome for those who do not obey the gospel of God?
Matthew 25:41 ESV
“Then he will say to those on his left, ‘Depart from me, you cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels.
Hebrews 10:26-27 ESV
For if we go on sinning deliberately after receiving the knowledge of the truth, there no longer remains a sacrifice for sins but a fearful expectation of judgment and a fury of fire that will consume the adversaries.
2 Timothy 1:9 ESV
Who saved us and called us to a holy calling, not because of our works but because of his own purpose and grace, which he gave us in Christ Jesus before the ages began,
Ephesians 1:4-5 ESV
Even as he chose us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and blameless before him. In love, he predestined us for adoption to himself as sons through Jesus Christ, according to the purpose of his will,
1 Corinthians 15:50 ESV
I tell you this, brothers: flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God, nor does the perishable inherit the imperishable.
Romans 11:26 ESV
And in this way, all Israel will be saved, as it is written, “The Deliverer will come from Zion, he will banish ungodliness from Jacob”;
Romans 10:13 ESV
For “everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.”
Romans 8:28-30 ESV
And we know that for those who love God, all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose. For those whom he foreknew, he also predestined to be conformed to the image of his Son in order that he might be the firstborn among many brothers. And those whom he predestined he also called, and those whom he called he also justified, and those whom he justified he also glorified.
Acts 2:21 ESV
And it shall come to pass that everyone who calls upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.’
John 16:13 ESV
When the Spirit of truth comes, he will guide you into all the truth, for he will not speak on his own authority, but whatever he hears, he will speak, and he will declare to you the things that are to come.
John 3:16 ESV
“For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.
Luke 1:32 ESV
He will be great and will be called the Son of the Most High. And the Lord God will give to him the throne of his father, David.
Find Hope And Encouragement From Our Links!
- If you just started believing in God, we have a page specifically for you.
- If you are dealing with anger, stress, or depression, we have information that can help you.
- We have phone helplines, website links, and YouTube videos.
- You can learn more about us, our goals, and our purpose.
- If you have a drug/alcohol problem or want to get right with God, you are at the right place!
- If you need to talk to someone right away, you can call 800-633-3446 or click here.
For Encouragement, Call 1-800-633-3446 or Chat