Are You Setting Smart Goals In Your Life?
How to set smart goals and be able to reach them? First of all, what are smart goals without God involved in them? It is bound not to bear the good fruit that God intended us to experience. I have learned that before I set a goal in my life, things always go better when I pray about whatever it is before attempting to do what I would think would be right. Never underestimate the power of prayer,
I have learned that before I set a goal in my life, things always go better when I pray about whatever it is before attempting to do what I would think would be right. Never underestimate the power of prayer, it can make the difference between success and failure in your life in setting smart goals! ~ Bill Greguska
Here are some helpful links:
- Built your house upon a rock means what?
- Does the Bible mention how to set goals?
- How does the Bible talk about teamwork?
- Is midlife crisis referred to in the Bible?
- What does the Bible say about time management?
How To Attain Smart Goals In Your Christian Life!
Plan Your Goals Ahead of Time…
Believe while others are doubting.
Plan while others are playing.
Study while others are sleeping.
Decide while others are delaying.
Prepare while others are daydreaming.
Begin while others are procrastinating.
Work while others are wishing.
Save while others are wishing.
Listen while others are talking.
Smile while others are frowning.
Commend while others are criticizing.
Persist while others are quitting.
by William Arthur Ward
Smart Goals Rely On God For Direction:
- S: Is your goal Specific? Is it merely stated? Does it indicate what you want to happen?
- M: Is your goal Measurable? Is it clear when or how you’ll meet your goal? (“As much as I can” or “soon” aren’t as quantifiable as “reduce by 5%” or “by the end of the year.”)
- A: Is your goal Achievable? Is it reasonable and attainable? If your goals are specific and measurable, there shouldn’t be any doubt whether they are possible. Matthew 19:26
- R: Is your goal Realistic? Is it so realistic that you’re willing and able to work on it?
- T: Is your goal Timely? Set a schedule so you have time for your goal to be met by.
Real Smart Goals To Shoot For Each Day:
- Pray each morning and throughout the day.
- Go to bed at a regular time. Get up early so you can have time with God.
- Be wise with your schedule so that you do not over commit yourself.
- Do not be afraid to ask others to help you.
- Simplify and unclutter your house, workspace, and life.
- Be happy and content with what you have.
- Focus on your plans, but be flexible. Live one day at a time.
- Think things through and make wise choices.
- If you can not do anything about a given situation you are in, let it go.
- Live your life within your budget.
- Have backups; an extra car key in your wallet, an extra house key buried in the garden, extra stamps, etc.
- Do not talk so much. This single piece of advice can prevent an enormous amount of trouble.
- Do something special for yourself and others every day.
- Think about Bible verses where ever you go and where ever you are.
- Make sure to get enough exercise.
More ideas on how to set smart goals
- Eat healthy food and eat right.
- Get yourself organized, so everything has its place.
- Listen to an encouraging CD while driving that will inspire you.
- Write your ideas down when they come to you.
- Try to talk less, and listen more. Every day, find a quiet time to be alone.
- Try to nip small problems in the bud. Apologize when needed right away.
- Become good friends with Godly people.
- Write down your favorite scriptures and hide them in your heart.
- Have a grateful heart.
- Help others to be able to laugh. Laugh out loud.
- Take your work seriously, but remember that your job is not who you are.
- Develop a forgiving attitude with everyone in your life.
- Try to be kind to unkind people. Anyone can be kind to someone who is nice to you.
- Slow down and live your life to the fullest.
- God is in charge. So remind yourself that you do not have to try to control the world,
- Each day, think of one thing that you’re grateful for that you’ve never been grateful for before.
Set Smart Goals With Real Thought Involved!
“You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream”. ~ Les Brown
James 1:5 If any of you lacks wisdom, you should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to you.
Related Pages Of Encouragement:
A Special Link for Extra Encouragement
Set Smart Goals For Yourself And Stop Wasting Your Time!
After You Have Carefully Analyzed Your Goals
Cross out those that may not be specific, measurable, achievable, realistic, or timely goals. Write your goals in a place you’ll consistently see. Begin to carry them out, working faithfully to make your situation better. The wisest people are known to be able to make smart goals.
They take the time to organize their thoughts and then make a plan and stick to it. They understand that their goals will have challenges and setbacks, but will always find a way through them, but always try to focus on smart goals, so you do not waste your time and energy on rabbit trails.
God’s plans are better than our plans
In carpentry, there was a very familiar expression that I used when building wheelchair ramps which were, “Measure twice, cut once.” God has given each of us a mind to use, and it is simply when we lean on Him to make our plans to come to a realization. With our efforts, we are bound to fail at some point, but with God even if our dreams do not come out the way we hoped, that is when God has allowed the plans to change for our best interest.
Please contact us if you have any questions or comments or would just like some encouragement?
A guy wants a classy girl who is smart and has goals – someone that he wouldn’t be afraid to bring home to his parents. ~ Victoria Justice