Please contact us if you have questions or if you need some encouragement.
Matthew 7:4-5 How can you say to your brother, ‘Let me take the speck out of your eye,’ when all the time there is a plank in your own eye? You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother’s eye.
How To Build Healthy Relationships And Friendships?
Specific Relationship Resource Links:
How Important Is Building Healthy Relationships?
Building healthy relationships is a noble task that requires selflessness and sincerity. As I mentioned earlier, it works best when we prioritize the other person’s needs above ours, treating them as if they are more important than ourselves. The genuineness of our actions speaks louder than words, and people can always tell when we are not authentic.
Whether in dating relationships or friendships with acquaintances or close friends, putting others first is key to building strong bonds that last long. While women seem to have an advantage in communication skills, men too can share genuinely with a little effort. In any case, building healthy relationships should always be viewed as a team effort where both parties give and take equally. So go ahead and put your best foot forward; start by prioritizing the needs of those around you today!
10 Signs You Struggle With Healthy Boundaries In Relationships!
Do You Know The Way To Get To Know Others Properly?
- How do you feel inside when someone laughs at you?
- Describe what you think an ideal father would be like?
- Humbly tell how you felt proud of yourself for doing something nice for someone.
- Share your feelings about police officers?
- What would your reaction be if you saw a young 7-year-old girl being physically hurt by someone?
- Describe the first time you ever fell in love?
- Share the best advice you’ve ever remembered receiving?
- What does the word freedom mean to you?
- What do you think most of your closest friends like about you?
- Is there something in common about what you like about your closest friends?
Guide To Building Relationships
Get To Know Others By Sharing Yourself With Them!
- Describe your best friend with as many details as you need to us?
- What would you like to do to fulfill your life?
- If a stranger asked you for money for bus fare, would you give it to them, and why or why not?
- How does your faith or lack of confidence in God affect your life?
- How often do you feel sad, and why is that?
- What would be a reason that you would honk your horn while driving?
- What are three of your favorite foods?
- Describe the qualities of the best teacher you’ve ever had?
- Under what circumstances would you consider picking up a hitchhiker, and why?
- Describe how you look when you get angry?
Building Relationships And Getting To Know Others Can Be Fun!
- Say a joke or say something about jokes?
- What advice would you give a young person about living a good life?
- What was the most challenging thing you have ever said to someone you loved?
- When you are all alone, what do you usually like to do?
- Do you easily forgive others, or does it require effort?
- Share one of the happiest times of your life and who you were with?
- Talk about a time when someone did something surprisingly lovely for you?
- What is something you fear having to do?
- Share the names of two famous people you would like to have for your parents and why?
- What do you think the luckiest people in the world are?
Initiate Your Questions While You Get To Know Others!
- Do you think your friends say good things about you when you’re not around?
- Describe what qualities an ideal mother would have in your mind?
- How do you feel about watching the news on TV with all the negative stories?
- If you were an animal, what would you like to be, where you want to live, and why?
- What is your favorite room in your entire house, and why?
- Do you have a favorite hobby? If so, what is it?
- What did you like best about grade school and high school?
- Why do you believe or not believe in God?
- Would you tell someone their shoe was untied if you noticed it?
- Would you ever take something that did not belong to you?
Are You In Conflict With Any One Of The Following:
Or Simply Anyone?
Learn how you can find peace with others in all your relationships with Romans 12:18 Solution Questions to gain insights, compassion, and healthier relationships with everyone. Discover how to get out of your problems and find solutions! God’s word has answers to all our life situations.
NeedEncouragement.com started in 2007 after experiencing a painful divorce I did not want. My ex-wife and I were given wise marriage counseling by Pastor Ron Sauer and his wife, Sue. Ron is a professor of Greek at the Moody Bible Institute, and his wife, Sue Sauer, is a dedicated women’s counselor for Moody college students.
I hope my website can encourage you with all the information and lessons I have experienced to avoid the problems I have experienced, such as divorce, depression, anxiety, addiction, etc.
Most importantly, they pointed me to Jesus and His word from the Bible. I discovered that it is inevitable to avoid conflict in our lives altogether. Still, we can find solutions to learn from our mistakes and avoid some unnecessary heartaches and pain in the future.
- Build relationships one at a time.
- Be friendly and make a connection.
- Ask people questions.
- Tell people about yourself.
- Go places and do things.
- Accept people the way they are.
- Assume other people want to form relationships, too.
- Overcome your fear of rejection.
- Invite people to get involved.
- Enjoy people.
Six Indicators That You Are A Good Friend.
- You can be counted on, even if you have not talked to or seen them in a while. You are the first to help or console others when times get tough.
- You are proud of your friends and support them, especially in times of difficulty or distress.
- You stand up for them when they have a problem, this doesn’t mean you fight their battles or beat up everyone, but if someone is talking bad about them or about someone you love, or if another person has wronged them, you are willing to stand up for them.
- Lift others up, listen, and speak to them if they need encouragement.
- Respect others and don’t make jokes at their expense or laugh at them.
- You forgive, accept sincere apologies, and don’t make them beg you for forgiveness. You don’t hold grudges.
How To Be A Good Friend And Get To Know Others!
- Remember – Even if someone is smiling on the outside, they may be hurting on the inside.
- When you ask someone, “How are you? Honestly, take the time to listen to their response. See what is going on.
- Relationships take time and effort. Even if it’s a phone call, a card, a meeting for coffee, or just an email or text saying I am thinking of you and praying for you today!
- That can mean the world to someone to know they are not alone.
- Life can throw a lot of pain and punches in people’s lives, some of their decisions, some entirely out of their control.
- But either way, take time today to be a friend, that listening ear, a shoulder to lean on.
- God can use us to bring hope and be a blessing in people’s lives one day. You may be the one on that receiving end. ~ Peg G
Some Specific Scriptures To Encourage You:
Colossians 3:2 ESV
Set your minds on things that are above, not on things that are on earth.
Galatians 1:10 ESV
For am I now seeking the approval of man or of God? Or am I trying to please man? If I were still trying to please man, I would not be a servant of Christ.
Romans 8:5 ESV
For those who live according to the flesh set their minds on the things of the flesh, but those who live according to the Spirit set their minds on the things of the Spirit.
1 Corinthians 6:19-20 ESV
Or do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit within you, whom you have from God? You are not your own, for you were bought with a price. So glorify God in your body.
1 Corinthians 6:9-11 ESV
Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God. And such were some of you. But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God.
Leviticus 18:22 ESV
You shall not lie with a male as with a woman; it is an abomination.
2 Corinthians 5:17 ESV
Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation. The old has passed away; behold, the new has come.
Find Hope And Encouragement From Our Links!
- If you just started believing in God, we have a page specifically for you.
- If you are dealing with anger, stress, or depression, we have information to help you.
- We have phone helplines, website links, and YouTube videos.
- Learn more about us, our goals, and our purpose.
- If you have a drug/alcohol problem or want to get right with God, you are at the right place!
- If you need to talk to someone right away, you can call 800-633-3446 or click here.
- Finally, if you have any questions or want to get on our email list, just let us know.