HOW TO READ THE BIBLE?
We Are Glad You Want to Learn How to Read The Bible!
How to Read The Bible in an Effective Way?
The Bible tells us that Jesus Christ came to do three things. He came to have my past forgiven, you get a purpose for living and a home in Heaven. ~ Rick Warren
Joshua 1:8 Keep this Book of the Law always on your lips; meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do everything written in it. Then you will be prosperous and successful.
Tools to use to Learn How to Read the Bible:
1. Check out the Bible Hub Tool
2. Check out Bible Gateway
3. Check out the Open Bible
How to Read The Bible And Actually Enjoy Reading it!
Think of the Bible as a gourmet meal for the soul. A healthy diet can bring peace and purpose to your life, and help you deal with stressful situations in a way that would please God.
- Set up a reading routine. Put aside at least 5-10 minutes to read a chapter of the Bible. (it does not have to be an entire section, just as long as you are focusing on what you are reading.
- Getting up a little earlier or finding a quiet spot away from distractions. (possibly while sitting in the kitchen before you eat) Maybe you read it with a cup of coffee, during your lunch break or before bed. Set a time and stick to it.
- Expect that when you read the Bible it may seem hard at first. Before you begin reading, pray and ask God to help you understand what you’re about to read. Ask Him to show you what He wants you to learn. Study Bibles are also helpful to make you more familiar with what you are reading.
- Think about three things while you read. What does what I am reading mean? What is God trying to say to me in this part if the Bible? And how can I apply what I am learning to my life?
- Ask a friend to help you with your reading by being a reading partner. Maybe you can go through a reading plan together or meet each week to talk about what you’ve read. Text or email Bible verses to each other, or use a Bible app to “friend” each other and share notes.
- Read the Bible by topic. The book of James is all about Christian living. The Psalms, a book of worship, can enrich your devotion to God, and Proverbs is full of wisdom to strengthen your relationship with others.
- Don’t beat yourself up or quit if you miss a day. Renew your commitment and pick up the next day and read the Bible as a regular part of your life.
Related Pages of Encouragement:
A Special Link for a Little Extra Encouragement
To Learn How to Read The Bible With a Goal in Mind!
When You Read The Bible You Will Discover
- Psalm 46:1 God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help.
- Psalm 51:10 Create in me a clean heart, O God.
- Psalm 119:105 Thy word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path.
- Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the plans I have for you.
- Matthew 6:33 But seek first His kingdom and His righteousness.
- Matthew 7:7 Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find.
- Matthew 22:37 Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul.
- John 8:32 Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.
- Romans 8:28 In all things God works for the good of those who love him.
- Romans 8:37 We are more than conquerors through him who loved us.
- Romans 12:2 Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world.
- 1 Corinthians 10:13 No temptation has seized you except what is common to man.
- 2 Corinthians 5:17 if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation.
- 2 Corinthians 12:9 My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect.
- Ephesians 6:12 Our struggle is not against flesh and blood but against the rulers.
- Philippians 3:13 Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead.
- Philippians 4:6 Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything.
- Philippians 4:7 And the peace of God, which passes all understanding.
- Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
- 1 Peter 5:7 Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.
Scriptures are from BibleHub.com
Please contact us if you have any questions or comments or would just like some encouragement?
I started to read the Bible gradually by being consistent which meant to me, reading each day when I woke up. I found that reading the Bible while in the same place each day was the best way to do this for me. Do whatever works best for you, but just do it consistently. ~ Bill Greguska
Proverbs 3:5-6 Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight.