Is Happiness A Part Of Your Life?
Realise Happiness Is Superficial Joy Is In Your Heart!
When you are asked, are you happy? Or how are you doing? What is your usual response? One very important thing many people do wrong is to compare yourselves to other people.
When I am the happiest, it does not always mean that things are going the way I hoped or planned them to be, it is more of peace that I have with the situation that I am in.
Then the next question is how the Lord is directing me and what does he want me to do. Are you happy or just going through the motions of living?
I find myself the happiest when I am doing something nice for someone else, or when I am doing something that I know pleases God which also pleases me.
No not every moment of my day is full of joy and happiness, but in the big picture of the day, I find that a happy day is just interrupted by some bad moments here and there.
The problem comes in when I allow those bad moments or situation you may say to mess up the rest of my day. When I was younger and less mature, this was more of a daily practice for me.
When I got older and a little wiser, I could learn how to detach my feelings so that the so-called bad feelings would not dominate over the rest of the day.
Dwelling, focusing on, re-running old tapes, and keeping records of wrongs others have done to you is a sure way of keeping your day from reaching your maximum potential for happiness. ~ Bill Greguska
Here Are Some Helpful Links:
- Can Christians live their best life now?
- Does the Bible say anything about wanting to be popular?
- Is there a difference between joy and happiness?
- What are the beatitudes?
- When the Bible mentions a blessing, what does that mean?
Are You Happy? (The Habits Of Happiness)
In an analogy, happiness would be like a piece of veneer furniture from Walmart, but joy would be more like a solid oak piece of wood from a real established furniture store. The choice is yours, happiness or joy? Pleasure is fleeting like the wind, yet joy in your heart. ~ Bill Greguska
Psalm 37:4 Take delight in the Lord, and he will give you the desires of your heart.
I Found Great Happiness In Basketball!
How Much Happiness And Joy do You Have In Your Life?
It would be a lie if I said that every moment, of every day of my life, I was full of happiness. Although I can tell you that my life has direction and purpose because of my relationship with God.
To find happiness in your heart, you need first to define what real happiness is, and know where to go to find it?
Pastor Stuart Briscoe from Elmbrook Church has a tongue-twisting, yet so very true definition of happiness, that goes like this:
“Many people feel that their happiness is directly related to their happenings. If their happenings happen to happen, the way they happen, to want their happenings to happen, they are happy. But if their happens don’t happen to happen the way they happen to want their happenings to happen, they are unhappy!” ~ Pastor Stuart Briscoe
If this describes you at all, you can now choose to find your true happiness and encouragement from following the example and teaching of Jesus Christ.
Just to let you know my life has changed because of my relationship with God through His Son. I am still growing, and I’m not quite where I want to be yet, but I’m sure NOT where it used to be! We are all works in progress.
Does Wearing A Mask Help You Find Happiness?
Related Pages of Encouragement:
- Enjoy life
A Special Link for a Little Extra Encouragement
Think You Could Find More Happiness?
- Happy people… keep connected with their families, friends, fellow church members, and others. The bonds that happy people make increase their happiness and contentment in life. On the other hand, those who do not keep close friendships tend to experience things like depression, and other mental health issues
- Happy people… set Physical, Spiritual, Social as well as Emotional goals. Taking care of one’s body, mind and soul are so very critical to experiencing happiness. Happy people take care of their mind and body and manage their stress. Focusing on your own personal health doesn’t just mean exercising. Happy people actually behave like happy people.
- Happy people… smile, are warm towards others and invest energy and enthusiasm in most everything they do. Praying and meditating on God’s word is very important and often overlooked, not to forget to mention practicing acts of kindness and brotherly love which can make a big difference in the happiness you will or will not experience.
- Happy people… have gratitude for who and what they have in their life, and also for the things you do not have can be two extremely important factors when you are striving to be happy. Take a moment right now and write down at least 5-10 things you are grateful for. This is good to do every day, you do not always have to write them down, but at least thinking about them or saying them out loud to a friend.
- Happy people… typically do not have pity parties or overly complain about things. They keep themselves positive by realizing that there are two things in life to think about, “Don’t sweat the small stuff, and the second thing is that everything is small stuff in the light of eternity. They know when to let go and turn the page on certain things. Happy people typically don’t lose sleep over things because they practice self-control.
- Happy people… help others by volunteering their time, they have a healthy perspective about how much contentment material possessions offer to their life. Also, happy people can deal with stressful life situations because they have developed successful coping strategies. In addition, happy people also try to focus on the needs of other people and engage others in talking about themselves.
Happiness Comes From A Relationship With God
Internet Sources Of Happiness
- Mayoclinic.com/health/how to be happy
- Huffingtonpost.com/happiness habits of exuberant human beings
- Webmd.com/balance/guide/choosing to be happy
- Cnn.com/2009/living/ten ways to be a happier person
- Realsimple.com/work-life/the science of happiness
The Formula To Find Happiness
Do Your Happenings, Determine How Happy Are You Happy Are?
To find happiness, a person needs first to define what happiness is? I would like to offer you a strong suggestion that to find real happiness; you need to have a basic understanding of who God is, and what his plan for you is. Here is a list of 25 things to ask yourself when trying to figure out what is happiness:
List Of 25 To Help Make You Find True Happiness
- Know God and to love God.
- Have a purpose in life.
- Love others and be loved by others.
- Be free to choose right from wrong.
- Free from the bondage of sin.
- Able to forgive others when they have done you wrong.
- To be able to laugh when things are going wrong.
- Able to reach out to help others.
- To overlook other people’s irritating qualities.
- Know that God loves you so much that He died on the cross for you.
- Have something to look forward to in your life.
- Make someone else’s life better just for knowing them.
- Realize that failing in something does not make you a failure.
- Pursue what interests you and enjoy it to the fullest.
- Make other people happy.
- Know that someone else cares about you even when they are not with you.
- Realize that tomorrow is a new day.
- Have an open mind and a clear conscience.
- To be honest and to have integrity.
- Able to smile even though things are not going your way.
- Live up to your personal abilities and not compare your insides with other people’s outsides.
- Have faith that God is in control and you do not have to be.
- Realize that people let you down so you can not depend on them to make you happy.
- Understand those certain things cannot give you happiness because they are only temporary.
- Truly understand that God loves you and has a plan for your life, and He will never leave you or forsake you is where true happiness is.
What If My Problems Seem Out Of Control?
We Pray You Find Hope And Encouragement From Our Links!
- If you just started believing in God, we have a page specifically for you.
- If you are dealing with anger, stress, or depression, we have information that can be of help to you.
- We have phone helplines, website links, you tube videos.
- You can learn more about us and our goals and our purpose.
- If you have a drug/alcohol problem, or if you just want to get right with God you are at the right place!
- If you need to talk to someone right away, you can call 800-633-3446 or click here.
For Encouragement Call 1-800-633-3446 or Chat
Please contact us if you have any questions or comments or would just like some encouragement?
- It is not how much we have, but how much we enjoy, that makes happiness. ~ Charles Spurgeon
John 13:34-35 “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples if you love one another.”