Got Bad Habits That You Want To Break?
Are You Tired Of Your Bad Habits?
Bad habits, we all have one or two at least. Here is some information that will be able to help with any bad habits you might have. Each and every one of us needs to break bad habits.
The thing concerning bad habits is that it; takes approximately between 30-90 days or so to break the habit depending on how long you have had it.
Be sure to include the breaking of your bad habits in prayer and ask others for their help too. The best advice when breaking a bad habit is to create a new habit to replace it. It all sounds easy to do, and basically, it is.
Be Prepared For The Challenge
But be prepared for roadblocks and temptations to get you off your goal. If by chance you do fail in your initial attempt to break your habit, do not give up. It took me almost three years to quit smoking cigarettes, but now I am so thankful that I did not give up trying. You can break bad habits, but it will take some work, patience, prayer, and perseverance to do so!
Are you tired of your bad habit(s)? Quitting a habit or sin is one of the hardest things in life, but it becomes easy when we realize Jesus didn’t just die to forgive us of our sin, but to give us power over it, and to free us from being in bondage to anything. Stop trying to stop! Instead, focus on stopping yourself from wrong thinking. As a man thinks, so is he. 1. Your thoughts will shape your decisions. 2. your decisions will shape your actions. 3. Your actions will shape your habits. Philippians 4:8-9 ~ Bill Greguska
Here are some helpful links:
- Does the Bible say anything about overeating?
- How can I overcome a habitual sin?
- Identifying bad habits?
- Parents have some bad ways!
- What does the Bible say about habits?
How To Break Bad Habits?
A change in bad habits leads to a change in life. ~ Jenny Craig
“Your eye is the lamp of your body. When your eyes are healthy, your whole body also is full of light. But when they are unhealthy, your body also is full of darkness” Luke 11:34
Since You Can Quit Anything With God’s Help For:
- 15 minutes
- 30 minutes
- 1 hour
- 3 hours
- 8 hours and longer…
Then with God’s help, there is hope for you to quit the ANY addiction, or bad habit that has put you in chains. Go for the goal of 24 hours, then 2 days, 4 days, 7 days, and so forth… Do it One Day At A Time! I am not saying it will be easy, but with God all things are possible!
Quitting Smoking Is Just One Great Thing You Can Do For Yourself!
Steps On How To Break Bad Habits:
- Admit that your habit has taken control of you!
- Determine, then focus on, the specific goals you want to meet.
- Develop a sincere desire for the things that you want and need in your life.
- Talk to other close friends and acquaintances about the goals you have chosen.
- Develop a sincere desire for things that you need in your life.
- Develop a plan to meet your goals of overcoming bad habits.
- Distinguish between goals and activities in your life.
- Create deadlines for your goals—be firm.
- Write your goals—on paper or your computer.
- Make your goals your goals.
- Write your goals as if they have already occurred.
- Develop confidence in your God-given abilities.
Alcohol And Drugs Are Two Bad Habits To Drop!
What If My Problems Seem Out Of Control?
We Pray You Find Hope And Encouragement From Our Links!
- If you just started believing in God, we have a page specifically for you.
- If you are dealing with anger, stress, or depression, we have information that can be of help to you.
- We have phone helplines, website links, you tube videos.
- You can learn more about us and our goals and our purpose.
- If you have a drug/alcohol problem, or if you just want to get right with God you are at the right place!
- If you need to talk to someone right away, you can call 800-633-3446 or click here.
- Finally, if you have any questions, or would like to get on our email list, just let us know.
Related Pages Of Encouragement:
A Special Link for a Little Extra Encouragement
How To Break Bad Habits?
Three More Things To Consider:
- How should a Christian view addiction?
- Learn more here about freedom from habitual sin and how to break bad habits
- What does the Bible say about changing patterns of habits?
For Encouragement Call 1-800-633-3446 or Chat
Please contact us if you have any questions or comments or would just like some encouragement?
It is easier to prevent bad habits than to break them. ~ Benjamin Franklin
2 Corinthians 5:17 Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come: The old has gone, the new is here!