What Bad Habits Do You Want To Break?
Please contact us if you have any questions or comments, or would just like some encouragement?
It is easier to prevent bad habits than to break them. ~ Benjamin Franklin
2 Corinthians 5:17 Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come: The old has gone, the new is here!
Braking Bad Habits and Success in Self-Control!
Addiction Resource Links:
How To Break Bad Habits?
Learn How To Break Bad Habits?
How A Habit Works… Cue + Routine = Reward
A change in bad habits leads to a change in life. ~ Jenny Craig
“Your eye is the lamp of your body. When your eyes are healthy, your whole body also is full of light. But when they are unhealthy, your body also is full of darkness” Luke 11:34
Are You Tired Of Your Bad Habits?
Bad Habits Can Be Broken!
Bad habits, we all have one or two, at least. Here is some information that will be able to help with any bad habits you might have. Every one of us needs to break bad habits in our lives at some point or another.
The thing concerning bad habits is that it; takes approximately between 30-90 days or so to break the habit depending on how long you have had it.
Be sure to include the breaking of your bad habits in prayer and ask others for their help too. The best advice when breaking a bad habit is to create a new pattern to replace it. It all sounds easy to do, and basically, it is.
Be Prepared For The Challenge
Alcohol, Drugs, Cigarettes Are Three Bad Habits To Drop!
But be prepared for roadblocks and temptations to get you off your goal. If, by chance, you do fail in your initial attempt to break your habit, do not give up. It took me almost three years to quit smoking cigarettes, but now I am so thankful that I did not give up trying. You can break bad habits, but it will take some work, patience, prayer, and perseverance to do so!
Are you tired of your bad habit(s)? Quitting a habit or sin is one of the hardest things in life, but it becomes easy when we realize Jesus didn’t just die to forgive us of our sin, but to give us power over it, and to free us from being in bondage to anything.
Stop trying to stop! Instead, focus on preventing yourself from wrong thinking. As a man thinks, so is he. 1. Your thoughts will shape your decisions. 2. your choices will shape your actions. 3. Your responses will form your new habits. Philippians 4:8-9 ~ Bill Greguska
Here Are Some Helpful Links:
- Does the Bible say anything about overeating?
- How can I overcome a habitual sin?
- Are you identifying bad habits?
- Parents have some terrible ways!
- What does the Bible say about habits?
Since We Can Quit Anything With God’s Help For:
- 15 minutes
- 30 minutes
- 1 hour
- 3 hours
- 8 hours and longer
Then with God’s help, there is hope for you to quit ANY addiction or a bad habit that has put you in chains. Go for the goal of 24 hours, then two days, four days, seven days, and so forth. Do it One Day At A Time! I am not saying it will be easy, but with God, all things are possible!
Related Pages Of Encouragement:
- Alcohol And Drugs
- Gambling problem
- My Drug And Alchohol Problem
- Personal inventory
- Quit smoking cigarettes
A Special Link for a Little Extra Encouragement
Steps On How To Break Bad Habits:
- Admit that your habit has taken control of you!
- Determine, then focus on the specific goals you want to meet.
- Develop a sincere desire for the things that you want and need in your life.
- Talk to other close friends and acquaintances about the goals you have chosen.
- Develop a sincere desire for things that you need in your life.
- Develop a plan to meet your goals of overcoming bad habits.
- Distinguish between goals and activities in your life.
- Create deadlines for your goals—be firm.
- Write your goals—on paper or your computer.
- Make your goals your goals.
- Write your goals as if they have already occurred.
- Develop confidence in your God-given abilities.
Three More Things To Consider:
- How should a Christian view addiction?
- Learn more here about freedom from habitual sin and how to break bad habits
- What does the Bible say about changing patterns of habits?
What If My Problems Seem Out Of Control?
Find Hope And Encouragement From Our Links!
- If you just started believing in God, we have a page specifically for you.
- If you are dealing with anger, stress, or depression, we have information that can be of help to you.
- We have phone helplines, website links, youtube videos.
- You can learn more about us and our goals and our purpose.
- If you have a drug/alcohol problem, or if you want to get right with God, you are at the right place!
- If you need to talk to someone right away, you can call 800-633-3446 or click here.
- Finally, if you have any questions or would like to get on our email list, just let us know.
For Encouragement Call 1-800-633-3446 or Chat