What Bad Habits Do You Want To Break?
Please contact us if you have questions, or comments, or want encouragement.
I believe that most things we do in life are based on habits. We can choose to practice healthy, good habits that are full of integrity, and I agree with what Benjamin Franklin said, “It is easier to prevent bad habits than to break them.” I have struggled with bad habits, from smoking cigarettes, abusing alcohol and drugs, swearing, and overeating. I thank God that He has helped me break these bad habits and allowed me to learn how to live without them. If you have a bad habit and a problem getting rid of it. I pray that God works in your life as He has in mine. It is nothing I did to get rid of my bad habits, it is by the grace of God, and He can do the same for you! ~ Bill Greguska
2 Corinthians 5:17 Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come: The old has gone, the new is here
Bad Habits Information ~ How To Break Bad Habits?
Addiction Resource Links:
Are You Tired Of Your Bad Habits?
Bad Habits Can Be Broken!
Bad habits, we all have one or two, at least. Here are some informal ways to help with any bad habits you might have. Every one of us needs to break a bad habit at some point or another. Remember to bathe your bad habits in prayer and ask others how long you have had them.
Be sure to include breaking your bad habits in prayer and asking others for their help. The best advice when breaking a bad habit is to create a new pattern to replace it. It all sounds easy to do, and basically, it is.
Be Prepared For The Challenge
Alcohol, Drugs, Cigarettes Are Three Bad Habits To Drop!
But be prepared for roadblocks and temptations to get you off your goal. If, by chance, you do fail in your initial attempt, keep going. It took me almost three years to quit smoking. It did take work, patience, prayer, and perseverance to try. You can break bad habits, but it will take some work, patience, prayer, and determination to do so!
Are you tired of your bad habit(s)? Quitting a habit or sin is one of the hardest things in life, but it becomes easy when we realize that Jesus didn’t just die to forgive us of our sin but give us power over it and free us from being in bondage to anything.
Stop trying to stop! Instead, focus on preventing yourself from wrong thinking. As a man thinks, so is he. 1. Your thoughts will shape your decisions. 2. your choices will shape your actions. 3. Your responses will form your new habits. Philippians 4:8-9 ~ Bill Greguska
How To Break Bad Habits!
Here Are Some Helpful Links:
- Does the Bible say anything about overeating?
- How can I overcome a habitual sin?
- Are you identifying bad habits?
- Parents have some terrible ways!
- What does the Bible say about habits?
Since We Can Quit Anything With God’s Help For:
- 15 minutes
- 30 minutes
- 1 hour
- 3 hours
- 8 hours and longer
Then with God’s help, there is hope for you to quit ANY addiction or a bad habit that has put you in chains. Go for the goal of 24 hours, that all things are possible with Gods, and so forth. Do it One Day At A Time! I am not saying it will be easy, but with God, all things are possible!
Steps On How To Break Bad Habits:
- Admit that your habit has taken enough from you.
- Determine, then focus on the specific goals you want to meet.
- Develop a sincere desire for the things that you want and need in your life.
- Talk to other close friends and acquaintances about the goals you have chosen.
- Develop a sincere desire for things that you need in your life.
- Develop a plan to meet your goals of overcoming bad habits.
- Distinguish between goals and activities in your life.
- Create deadlines for your goals—be firm.
- Write your goals—on paper or on your computer.
- Make your goals your goals.
- Write your goals as if they have already occurred.
- Develop confidence in your God-given abilities.
Find Hope And Encouragement From Our Links!
- If you just started believing in God, we have a page specifically for you.
- If you are dealing with anger, stress, or depression, we have information to help you.
- We have phone helplines, website links, and YouTube videos.
- You can learn more about us and our goals, and our purpose.
- If you have a drug/alcohol problem, or if you want to get right with God, you are at the right place!
- If you need to talk to someone right away, you can call 800-633-3446 or click here.
- Finally, if you have any questions or want to get on our email list, just let us know.
For Encouragement Call 1-800-633-3446 or Chat