Relationships Take Time, Energy, And Work!
Please contact us if you have any questions or comments or would just like some encouragement?
If civilization is to survive, we must cultivate the science of human relationships – the ability of all peoples, of all kinds, to live together in the same world at peace. Franklin D. Roosevelt
Here Are Some Helpful Links:
- Can you give me some Christian relationship advice?
- How does one handle conflict in a marriage (or any relationship for that matter)?
- Questions about Relationships?
- Things the Bible says about family problems?
- What does the Bible say about age differences in relationships?
Do You Strive To Be In Healthy Relationships?
Philippians 2:5 In your relationships with one another have the same mindset as Christ Jesus.
Specific Relationship Resource Links:
Additional Encouraging Pages Concerning Relationships:
- Be More Friendly
- Be More Like Jesus
- Challenging Relationships
- Denying Yourself
- Forgive And Forget
- Healthy Friendships
- How To Live Right?
- Nominate Someone
- Share Compassion
First, Ask Yourself These Questions:
- Have you ever wondered why the American divorce rate has skyrocketed?
- Does it upset you that hundreds of thousands of people are abusing drugs and alcohol?
- Do you believe that sin has anything to do with the above three questions? Plus all the murder robberies and all the other crimes that are being committed daily?
Now Read This Scripture Below, And Think Of What The Solution Is.
Then Be A Part Of The Solution By Becoming A Light In This Dark World:
- If you are married, stay married and encourage others to do the same.
- Get help for any addiction you or someone you love has.
- Are you encouraging others who are in your life?
- Are you sharing your faith in God with others?
- Learn more about following Jesus Christ and live your life to please Him.
- Forgive one another freely.
- Love one another because God commands us to do so.
- Get counseling or an accountability partner.
- Ask questions and get answers.
- Find a good church to attend.
Relationships! God Loves You And Me!
Living my life for over 60 years, a person like me has had the opportunity to be in many relationships since I was a young boy.
We often run into many healthy relationships, some neutral and some very destructive ones (centered on alcohol and drugs), leading to many problems in my life.
I refer to many types, such as family, friends, relatives, classmates, co-workers, and strangers. Anyone you and I come into contact with could wind up being someone you could have a friendship possibly.
Would you consider yourself an “other person” oriented type of person or more of a “self-centered” type? If you are a “self-centered” type of person, maybe today is the day you look at that and start to try to change your ways.
2. Would you like to be famous? In what way?
3. Before making a telephone call, do you ever rehearse what you are going to say? Why?
5. When did you last sing to yourself? To someone else?
6. If you were able to live to the age of 90 and retain either the mind or body of a 30-year-old for the last 60 years of your life, which would you want?
7. Do you have a secret hunch about how you will die?
8. Name three things you and your partner appear to have in common.
9. For what in your life do you feel most grateful?
10. If you could change anything about the way you were raised, what would it be?
11. Take four minutes and tell your partner your life story in as much detail as possible.
12. If you could wake up tomorrow having gained one quality or ability, what would it be?
15. What is the greatest accomplishment of your life?
16. What do you value most in a friendship?
17. What is your most treasured memory?
18. What is your most terrible memory?
20. What does friendship mean to you?
21. What roles do love and affection play in your life?
22. Alternate sharing something you consider a positive characteristic of your partner. Share a total of five items.
23. How close and warm is your family? Do you feel your childhood was happier than most other people’s?
24. How do you feel about your relationship with your mother?
26. Complete this sentence: “I wish I had someone with whom I could share _____.”
28. Tell your partner what you like about them; be very honest this time, saying things that you might not say to someone you’ve just met.
29. Share with your partner an embarrassing moment in your life.
30. When did you last cry in front of another person? By yourself?
31. Tell your partner something that you like about them already.
32. What, if anything, is too serious about being joked about?
33. If you were to die this evening with no opportunity to communicate with anyone, what would you most regret not having told someone? Why haven’t you told them yet?
34. Your house, containing everything you own, catches fire. After saving your loved ones and pets, you have time to make a final dash to save any one item safely. What would it be? Why?
35. Of all the people in your family, whose death would you find most disturbing? Why?
36. Share a personal problem and ask your partner’s advice on how they might handle it. Also, ask your partner to reflect on how you seem to be feeling about the chosen problem.
Good Relationships Are Worth Your Effort!
We Must Love God, And Love And Forgive Others, And Ourselves!
- Understand that although we all have our strengths and weaknesses, God loves us despite our shortcomings, and He has a plan for our lives.
- Live your life to please and honor God; be humble and authentic in how you live.
- We all make mistakes, learn from them and get over them, and turn the page.
- Set healthy boundaries and respect the boundaries of others in the same way.
- Hold people and things in an open palm; meaning don’t hold on to them so tightly; let go and let God direct your life.
- If you are not willing to forgive others, your sins will not be forgiven by God either.
- Put more of your faith in God and less in yourself.
- Life here on earth is very short; eternity is forever, so live your life on earth with eternity in mind.
- Most importantly — love God with your whole heart, mind, and soul, and love your neighbor as you love yourself.
What If My Problems Seem Out Of Control?
Find Hope And Encouragement From Our Links!
- If you just started believing in God, we have a page specifically for you.
- If you are dealing with anger, stress, or depression, we have information to help you.
- We have phone helplines, website links, youtube videos.
- You can learn more about us and our goals and our purpose.
- If you have a drug/alcohol problem or if you want to get right with God, you are at the right place!
- If you need to talk to someone right away, you can call 800-633-3446 or click here.
- Finally, if you have any questions or want to get on our email list, just let us know.
For Encouragement Call 1-800-633-3446 or Chat