Please contact us if you have questions or if you need some encouragement.
“Why do people sin?” Aren’t you a good person? Those are so very loaded question, and it’s one that has intrigued philosophers, theologians, and thinkers for centuries. The simple answer would point back to the original sin of Adam and Eve in the garden. Many believe that their disobedience set forth a chain reaction, leading us all to inherit a sinful nature. But let me tell you something fascinating; even though we are prone to sinning, there is still hope within each of us.
You see, some individuals think they can earn their way into heaven by attending church diligently or performing acts of kindness like helping the elderly or doing good works. While such deeds have inherent value and should be encouraged, they cannot solely erase our tendency towards sinfulness. So why do we continue to stumble down this path today? It’s because every single one of us – no matter how righteous or devout – falls short sometimes. But fear not! Let me clarify that although God is ultimately in control over everything in this world, Satan reigns temporarily as the prince here on earth. We mustn’t forget that God will triumph in the end despite any temporary setbacks caused by evil forces at work around us. This understanding makes it all the more crucial for us to seek righteousness through Him. So I encourage you: “Get right with God.” Make Jesus your Lord and Savior so that His grace may save you from eternal consequences later on. None of us desire everlasting suffering in hell; it goes against our innate rationality as ~ Bill Greguska
Why do people sin? Romans 7:19-20 For I do not do the good I want to do, but the evil I do not want to do—this I keep on doing. Now, if I do what I do not want to, it is no longer I who do it, but it is a sin living in me that does it.
Why Do People Sin, And What Is The Remedy?
What Do You Think About Sin?
Why do people sin? We sin because we are sinners, which is what we naturally do. We sin with our thoughts, words, and deeds. Jesus was tempted with sin, yet he did not sin. Since you and I are human, unfortunately, we still sin! It will not be until we die and go to heaven that we will understand why people sin, even though we know original sin came from the fall in the garden of Adam and Eve by falling for the temptation of the Devil.
The question ought not to be why do people sin; the question ought to be why not? I have been partaking in sin my entire life (unfortunately, you have to). To answer the question, why do people sin? We need to understand who we are by nature. We sin because we are sinners, which is what people do naturally. Besides that, yes, there is pleasure in sin. The so-called “pleasure” is short-term, but the pain it leaves behind lingers on.
We sin with our thoughts, words, and deeds! Sin comes from the disobedience of Adam and Eve’s original sin in the Garden, and it has followed us to the present time in our society. When we trust God to be our Lord and Savior, we no longer have to bear the consequence of our sins. Jesus has already done that for us on the cross; all we need to do is accept the payment that Jesus has paid for our sins. Although we all sin occasionally, we must confess our sins because God is faithful and God is faithful, and God will forgive us for our sins. We need to turn away from our sins and walk closer to God. ~ Bill Greguska
The Screwtape Letters, Written By
Understand That You Are A Sinner!
- If you want to be a Christian, you must understand that you are a sinner Romans 3:23
- That your sin is a rebellion against God Psalm 51:4
- Imagine every time you have lied, stolen, lusted after someone, hated someone, disobeyed your parents, or used God’s name disrespectfully. You will never be good enough to enter Heaven on your own merit. Ephesians 2:8-9
- Committing even one sin deserves judgment Revelation 20:12
- According to God’s law, James 2:10, no amount of good deeds can ever erase your sin.
Let not a libation of tears be the only offering at the shrine of Jesus; let us also rejoice with joy unspeakable. If we must lament our sin, how much more to rejoice at our pardon! ~ Charles Spurgeon
Romans 7:15 I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do, I do not do, but what I hate, I do.
Here Are Some Helpful Links:
- How can I overcome a habitual sin?
- Is it possible to go an entire day without sinning?
- What does it mean that believers do not continue to sin (1 John 3:6; 5:18)?
- Why did Jesus tell people to “go and sin no more” if sinlessness is impossible?
- Why do I face the consequences of Adam’s sin when I did not eat the fruit?
Sin Keeps Us From God, And There Are Two Types Of Sin
- We sin by not doing something that we ought to do is called a sin of omission that is more with words and deeds.
- We also sin by doing what God instructs us not to do: a sin of commission, which is with thoughts, words, and deeds.
Are You A Good Enough To Be Able To Get Into Heaven?
If you are lost and want to get out of the confusion of sin, pray to God to help you. Then open His Word, the Bible, for some answers!
All of this is “original sin,” the sin that is hardwired in us due to Adam’s sin. So, we keep sinning because we can’t help it! You ask yourself, why do people sin? Everything from seemingly harmless untruths to murder.
There is worse news than that! Those who have not placed their faith in Jesus Christ must pay the penalty for these personal sins, inherited, and any other transgressions. There are different types of sin, but all sin is in God’s eye. It is a refusal to do God’s will.
Are All Sin The Same To God?
- Are All Sins the Same in God’s Eyes? Billy Graham Association
- Are All Sins Equal? Got Questions
- Are Sins Equal? John Piper video/text
- Are Sins Equal? Christian Apologetic ministry
- Are All Sins, Equal? Apologetics Press.
- Does God View All Sins the Same? A more extended version of this 1-minute devotion
Some Specific Scriptures To Encourage You:
Romans 3:23 ESV
For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God,
John 3:16 ESV
“For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.
Ephesians 2:1 ESV
And you were dead in the trespasses and sins
Romans 10:4 ESV
For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to everyone who believes.
Romans 6:23 ESV
For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.
Find Hope And Encouragement From Our Links!
- If you just started believing in God, we have a page specifically for you.
- If you are dealing with anger, stress, or depression, we have information to help you.
- We have phone helplines, website links, and YouTube videos.
- You can learn more about us, our goals, and our purpose.
- If you have a drug/alcohol problem or want to get right with God, you are at the right place!
- If you need to talk to someone right away, you can call 800-633-3446 or click here.
- Finally, if you have any questions or want to get on our email list, just let us know.
For Encouragement, Call 800-633-3446 or Chat