Why Do People Sin?
Please contact us if you have any questions or comments or would just like some encouragement?
If Christ has died for me, ungodly as I am, without strength as I am, then I cannot live in sin any longer but must arouse myself to love and serve Him who has redeemed me. Charles Spurgeon
Romans 6:14-15 For sin shall no longer be your master because you are not under the law but under grace. What then? Shall we sin because we are not under the law but grace? By no means!
What Makes You And I Sinners?
Have You Ever Wondered About Sin?
Why Do You Sin?
Why do people sin? We sin because we are sinners, and that is what we naturally do. We sin with our thoughts, words, and deeds. Jesus was tempted with sin, yet he did not sin.
Since you and I are human, we, unfortunately, do still sin! It will not be until we die and go to heaven will we understand why do people sin?
The question ought not to be why do people sin; the question ought to be why not? I have been partaking in sin my entire life (unfortunately you have too). To answer the question, why do people sin, we need to understand who we are by nature.
We sin because we are sinners, and that is what people do naturally. Besides that, yes, there is pleasure in sin. The so-called “pleasure” is short term, but the pain it leaves behind lingers on.
We sin with our thoughts, words, and deeds! Sin comes from the disobedience of Adam and Eve original sin in the Garden, and it has followed us to the present time in our society. When we trust God to be our Lord and Savior, we no longer have to bear the consequence for our sin, Jesus has already done that for us on the cross, all we need to do is to accept the payment that Jesus has paid for our sins.
Although when we do sin from time to time, we need to confess our sin because God is faithful and will forgive us of our sins. We need to turn away from our sin and walk closer to God. Learn more about why people sin! ~ Bill Greguska
What Are We To Do When Someone Falls Into Sin?
Understand That You Are A Sinner!
- If you want to be a Christian, you must understand that you are a sinner Romans 3:23
- That your sin is a rebellion against God Psalm 51:4
- Imagine every time you have lied, stolen, lusted after someone, hated someone, disobeyed your parents, or used God’s name disrespectfully. You will never be good enough to enter Heaven on your own merit Ephesians 2:8-9
- Committing even one sin deserves judgment Revelation 20:12
- According to God’s law, James 2:10, no amount of good deeds can ever erase your sin.
Here Are Some Helpful Links:
- How can I overcome a habitual sin?
- Is it possible to go an entire day without sinning?
- What does it mean that believers do not continue to sin (1 John 3:6; 5:18)?
- Why did Jesus tell people to “go and sin no more” if sinlessness is impossible?
- Why do I face the consequences of Adam’s sin when I did not eat the fruit?
What Did Jesus Do About Our Sin Problem?
Let not a libation of tears be the only offering at the shrine of Jesus; let us also rejoice with joy unspeakable. If we have need to lament our sin, how much more to rejoice at our pardon! ~ Charles Spurgeon
Romans 7:15 I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do, I do not do, but what I hate I do.
Sin Keeps Us From God; There Are Two Types Of Sin
- How we sin is by not doing something that we ought to do is called a sin of omission that is more with words and deeds.
- How we also sin is by doing something that God instructs us not to do is called a sin of commission, which is with thoughts, words, deeds.
Pete Briscoe Addresses The Topic Of Sin?
Are You A Good Enough To Be Able To Get Into Heaven?
If you are lost and want to get out of the confusion of sin, then pray to God to help you. Then open His word the Bible for some answers!
All of this is “original sin,” the sin that is hardwired in us as a result of Adam’s sin. So, we keep sinning, because we can’t help it! You ask yourself, why do people sin? Everything from seemingly innocent untruths to murder.
There is worse news than that! Those who have not placed their faith in Jesus Christ must pay the penalty for these personal sins, as well as inherited and any other transgressions. There are different types of sin, but all sin is sin in God’s eye, it is a refusal to do God’s will.
What Is A Sin?
Are All Sin The Same To God?
- Are All Sins the Same in God’s Eyes? Billy Graham Association
- Are All Sins Equal Got Questions
- Are Sins Equal? John Piper video/text
- Are Sins Equal? Christian Apologetic ministry
- Are All Sins, Equal? Apologetic Press.
- Does God View All Sins the Same? A more extended version of this 1-minute devotion
Good News In One Minute About Sin?
What If My Problems Seem Out Of Control?
Find Hope And Encouragement From Our Links!
- If you just started believing in God, we have a page specifically for you.
- If you are dealing with anger, stress, or depression, we have information that can be of help to you.
- We have phone helplines, website links, youtube videos.
- You can learn more about us and our goals and our purpose.
- If you have a drug/alcohol problem, or if you want to get right with God, you are at the right place!
- If you need to talk to someone right away, you can call 800-633-3446 or click here.
- Finally, if you have any questions, or would like to get on our email list, just let us know.
For Encouragement Call 1-800-633-3446 or Chat