Is It Love Or Lust?
Please contact us if you have any questions or comments, or would just like some encouragement?
A successful marriage requires falling in love many times, always with the same person. ~ Mignon McLaughlin
Ephesians 5:3 But among you there must not be even a hint of sexual immorality, or of any kind of impurity, or of greed because these are improper for God’s holy people.
How To Tell If It’s Love Or Lust?
Specific Relationship Resource Links:
Is Your Relationship Based On Jesus Christ?
Dating And The Right Person: By Sue Sauer
- Like in fishing, circle the worm on the hook sometime before I take a bite of the bait. Amen!
- Don’t let yourself get emotionally involved with looks or words, but present all those things to the Lord for His evaluation first! Realize that your heart is in His hands, and don’t take your heart out of His hands.
- Do not fall madly in love because you will get hurt. Precisely! The word “Madly.”
- Practice Open Palm a little more seriously (holding everyone and everything to God not grasping on to it. Absolutely! But not just ‘a little’! Don’t let fear have anything to do with it unless it is the proper fear of God.
Real Love Has The Best Interest In Mind For The Other Person!
Keep Your Eyes Wide Open!
- Do not let the conversation go to marriage within the first 3 to 6 months? Amen! Six months is vastly better than 3, and a year is better than six months unless The Lord makes it very, very understandable with many “signs and wonders” and advice. You will know.
- Don’t trust a man/woman with my heart until I know I can trust him/her.
- This knowing happens little by little, Not all at once unless you want weeds which are “here today and gone tomorrow.”
- Keep learning how to guard your heart and wait on the Lord who strengthens your heart.”
Some Final Thoughts To Take Away!
- Be careful and cautious, but do not be afraid.
- Guard my heart because it’s the wellspring of my life, this is well worth your deep meditation on what does this verse mean: take each word and meditate – let it become part of the bedrock of your thoughts!
- I may want a man/woman, but I don’t need a woman to have a full life. Allowing your thoughts to race ahead makes you vulnerable to trashing all your logical thoughts in the numbers we just covered!
- Prepare your heart! Make these more than a backpack you can throw off when your emotions take over! Chew them and digest them, so they become nourishment for your very being, the part of who you are by the grace of God!
- Then you will be ready and able to enjoy a relationship with an eternal sister/brother for however long God wants you to walk alongside him/her. The time will benefit you both.
1 John 2:16 For everything in the world-the lust of the flesh, the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life—comes not from the Father but from the world.
What If My Problems Seem Out Of Control?
Find Hope And Encouragement From Our Links!
- If you just started believing in God, we have a page specifically for you.
- If you are dealing with anger, stress, or depression, we have information that can be of help to you.
- We have phone helplines, website links, youtube videos.
- You can learn more about us and our goals and our purpose.
- If you have a drug/alcohol problem or if you want to get right with God, you are at the right place!
- If you need to talk to someone right away, you can call 800-633-3446 or click here.
- Finally, if you have any questions or would like to get on our email list, just let us know.