- Please contact us if you have any questions or comments or want some encouragement.
Ephesians 5:3 But among you there must not be even a hint of sexual immorality, or of any kind of impurity, or of greed because these are improper for God’s holy people.
How To Know If It’s Love Or Lust?
Specific Relationship Resource Links:
Is Your Relationship Based On Jesus Christ?
How To Date The Right Person?
- Like in fishing, circle the worm on the hook sometime before taking a bite of the bait. Amen!
- Don’t let yourself get emotionally involved with looks or words, but present all those things to the Lord for His evaluation first! Realize that your heart is in His hands, and don’t take your heart out of His hands.
- Do not fall madly in love because you will get hurt. Precisely! The word “Madly.”
- Practice Open Palm a little more seriously (holding everyone and everything to God, not grasping on to it. Absolutely! But not just ‘a little’! Don’t let fear have anything to do with it unless it is the proper fear of God.
How To Deal With Lust?
God’s Way, Or Satan’s Way?
God intended sex to be a beautiful thing between one man and one woman for keeping the world populated. Our sinful world has attempted to change what God meant for good. Here are a couple of definitions of how sex has gotten distorted and sinful.
Definition of debauchery = extreme indulgence in bodily pleasures and especially sexual pleasures : behavior involving sex, drugs, alcohol, etc. that is often considered immoral
Definition of lewd = crude and offensive in a sexual way. “she began to gyrate to the music and sing a lewd song.”
Definition of lascivious = filled with or showing sexual desire: lewd, lustful, lascivious acts/thoughts
Real Love Has The Best Interest In Mind For The Other Person!
- Keep your eyes wide open!
- Do not let the conversation go to marriage within the first 3 to 6 months? Amen! Six months is vastly better than 3, and a year is better than six months unless The Lord makes it very understandable with many “signs and wonders” and advice. You will know.
- I don’t trust a man/woman with my heart until I know I can trust him/her.
- This knowing happens little by little, Not all at once, unless you want weeds that are “here today and gone tomorrow.”
- Keep learning how to guard your heart and wait on the Lord who strengthens your heart.”
- Falling in love is not necessarily a romantic thing. It is learning and growing together under the umbrella of God, but if love turns the corner to lust, that is a recipe for trouble.
Some Final Thoughts To Take Away!
- Be careful, but do not be afraid.
- Guard my heart because it’s the wellspring of my life. This is well worth your deep meditation on this verse: take each word and meditate – let it become part of your thoughts’ bedrock!
- I may want a man/woman, but I don’t need a man/woman to have a whole life. Allowing your thoughts to race ahead makes you vulnerable to trashing all your logical thoughts in the numbers we just covered!
- Prepare your heart! Make these more than a backpack you can throw off when your emotions take over! Chew them and digest them, so they become nourishment for your very being, the part of who you are by the grace of God!
- Then, you will be ready and able to enjoy a relationship with an eternal sister/brother for however long God wants you to walk alongside him/her. The time will benefit you both.
1 John 2:16 For everything in the world-the lust of the flesh, the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life—comes not from the Father but from the world.
Find Hope And Encouragement From Our Links!
- If you just started believing in God, we have a page specifically for you.
- If you are dealing with anger, stress, or depression, we have information to help you.
- We have phone helplines, website links, and YouTube videos.
- You can learn more about us, our goals, and our purpose.
- If you have a drug/alcohol problem or want to get right with God, you are at the right place!
- If you need to talk to someone right away, you can call 800-633-3446 or click here.
- Finally, if you have any questions or want to get on our email list, just let us know.
For Encouragement, Call 1-800-633-3446 or Chat