Are You A Good Person? (Average)
A Brief Introduction:
(A disclaimer) My intention is not to belittle you or make you feel bad about yourself but rather to make you aware of your need for God.
I put this page on my website because I know the importance of knowing that I am a sinner, no better or worse than you. The good news is that being aware that I am a sinner makes it more understandable to know the importance of having a Savior.
Watch this short video, and I am sure after watching it, you will understand better why Pastors and people like myself who know the Lord try to encourage others like you to understand the urgency to have a personal relationship with God.
This Video Can Show You If You Are A Good Person?
Questions To Reveal How Good A Good Person You Are?
- You shall have no other gods before Me. (Have you always loved God above all else? Matthew 22:37)
- You shall not make yourself an idol. (Have you made a god in your mind that you’re more comfortable with, a god to suit yourself? 1 Peter 4:3-4)
- You shall not take God’s name in vain. (Have you ever used God’s holy Name as a cuss word? Psalm 34:13-14)
- Remember the Sabbath Day to keep it holy. (Attending church. Exodus 20:8)
- Honor your father and mother. (Do not be disrespectful. Ephesians 6:2-3)
- You shall not murder. (God considers hatred to be murder. Deuteronomy 5:17).
- You shall not commit adultery. (“Whoever looks upon a woman to lust after her has committed adultery with her already in his heart” Matthew 5:27-28; this also includes sex before marriage).
- You shall not steal. (Have you ever stolen anything? the value of the item is irrelevant. Leviticus 19:11).
- You shall not lie. (Have you lied even once? Including answering these questions. Romans 1:25).
- You shall not covet. (Have you ever jealously desired what belongs to others? Exodus 20:17)
The Bible says that God will punish all murderers, rapists, thieves, liars, adulterers, etc. He will even judge our words and thoughts. On Judgment Day, will you be found to be guilty or innocent of breaking His commandments?
Perhaps you think that God is good and will, therefore, overlook your sins. But it is His goodness that will make sure that murderers, rapists, thieves, liars, etc., receive justice. He would be a corrupt Judge if He turned a blind eye to injustice. Have you kept the Commandments?
If what you have read and viewed above on this page and are convicted in your heart to want to change your life and start to follow Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior, you can say a prayer something like this. The Lord knows your heart and the desire you have to obey and love Him, so keep in mind that this prayer is not a magical collection of words, but what does matter is your heart condition to want to follow God and the desire to humble yourself to say this prayer or one of your own.
Pray Something Like This:
“Dear God, today, I turn away from all of my sins (name them). This day I put my trust in Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior. He is the only way for me to be saved. He is ‘The way, the truth, and the life.'” Please forgive me, change my heart, and grant me Your gift of everlasting life. In Jesus’ name, I pray. Amen.”
What If My Problems Seem Out Of Control?
Find Hope And Encouragement From Our Links!
- If you just started believing in God, we have a page specifically for you.
- If you are dealing with anger, stress, or depression, we have information that can help you.
- We have phone helplines, website links, youtube videos.
- You can learn more about us and our goals, and our purpose.
- If you have a drug/alcohol problem or if you want to get right with God, you are at the right place!
- If you need to talk to someone right away, you can call 800-633-3446 or click here.
- Finally, if you have any questions or would like to get on our email list, just let us know.
For Encouragement Call 1-800-633-3446 or Chat