Please contact us if you have any questions or comments or would just like some encouragement!
Do you strive to hear God speak to you? Go to God in prayer right now; He will talk to you through His Holy Spirit and comfort those in need. God will give you wisdom; He will love and protect you because He loves you! We need to keep a short account with God, confessing our sins, repenting, and honoring Jesus Christ in all we say and do. He knows that our flesh is weak, yet He is still full of mercy, compassion, and forgiveness. We need to love God and love others; then, we will know that we are in God’s will. Remember that prayer is not just talking to God to do things for us. It is also able to hear God speak as our Shepard and do His will in and help us in our specific needs and concerns.~ Bill Greguska.
What Should We Do When We Can’t Hear God Speak?
Do You Hear God Speak To You?
Sometimes it is hard to hear God speak to me. When a person has any unconfessed sin in their life, indeed, God will not answer the prayers of those people. James 5:16 Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous person is powerful and effective. When we are not walking with God, it is like we are miles away. The only real way to get back into fellowship with God is through prayer, confession, and repentance. Below you will see different ways that God can talk to you and me. We are all different, so what works for one person may not be something that usually works for others. Check out the list and see what you find.
How Can I Hear God Speak To Me!
Hear God speak through prayer, the Bible, meditation, and others. Sometimes it is hard to hear God speak to us, especially when there is unconfessed sin in our lives or not walking with God. Here are some exciting ways below how we can hear God speak. We open up our hearts to hear God talking to us. This list is only a beginning because God can choose to speak with us any way He wants! There are also guidelines, so we do not go astray.~ Bill Greguska
God Can Speak To Us In Multi-Level Ways!
God Commands His Angels, And They Hear God Speak!
- Angels – messengers from God. 1 Corinthians 13:1
- Bible – the holy, super-slow, spiritual reading and application of the Scriptures, including the five senses of sight, hearing, smell, taste, and touch. Lectio Divina or divine reading is sometimes described as “reading with the mind in the heart.”The written revelation of God’s Word is combined with how the Holy Spirit quickens particular portions as a direct word in a present circumstance.
- Circumstances – confirming situations and events that all seem to point in the same direction, often combined with a profound sense of inner peace. Colossians 3:15.
- Common Sense – the ordinary use of rational, good judgment through experience and logical thinking.
- Conscience – knowing right from wrong. See Romans 2:15; 9:1.
- Emotions are gut-level feelings, desire, impulse, impression, arresting concern, or an insistent nudge.
- Encounter – a phenomenal experience with God without words but leaving an overwhelming message or strong impression.
- Intellectual Reasoning – cognitive, mental processing, and evaluating data leads to clear conclusions like connecting pieces of a puzzle.
- Intuition – knowing spontaneously the right thing to do or say.
- Journaling – writing down different times of communion or conversations with God.
- Meditation – memorization, repetition, and prayerful rumination of Scripture texts. Hear God speak to you.
- Memory – the remembrance of an event, thought, or Scripture previously learned. John 2:22; John 14:26.
- Music – meditative or worshipful music that brings stillness, a sense of God’s presence, or a spirit of praise.
- Nature – the silent shouting of God’s creation or personal messages through ordinary objects such as flowers or trees. See Psalm 19:1-4.
- Prophecy – a timely message or utterance through an individual from God to strengthen, encourage, or comfort that person or that group of people at that particular time. See 1 Corinthians 14:3.
- Preaching and Teaching – a public presentation of the Word of God and applied by the Holy Spirit to the individual. Take notes and listen to hear God speak to you.
- Thoughts – ideas or principles, words, or pictures that grow with increasing awareness, clarity, unfolding, intensity, conviction, or volume in mind.
- Word of Wisdom – an appropriate, instantaneous insight for a particular occasion to make the right decision, discern right from wrong, or resolve, help, or heal a specific situation or need.
What are the top three ways God frequently uses to speak to you? Which one is a current area of spiritual growth?
Rev. David John Smith
Find Hope And Encouragement From Our Links!
- If you just started believing in God, we have a page specifically for you.
- If you are dealing with anger, stress, or depression, we have information to help you.
- We have phone helplines, website links, and Youtube videos.
- You can learn more about us and our goals and our purpose.
- If you have a drug/alcohol problem or want to get right with God, you are at the right place!
- If you need to talk to someone right away, you can call 800-633-3446 or click here.
- Finally, if you have any questions or want to get on our email list, just let us know.
For Encouragement, Call 1-800-633-3446 or Chat