How Can I Hear God Speak To Me?
Please contact us if you have any questions or comments, or would just like some encouragement!
We need to keep a short account with God, confessing our sins, repenting, and honoring Jesus Christ in all we say and do. He knows that our flesh is weak, yet He is still full of mercy, compassion, and forgiveness. We need to love God and love others; then you will know you are in God’s will. ~ Bill Greguska
What Should We Do When We Can’t Hear God Speak?
Learn About Specific Scriptures Of Encouragement!
What does the Open Bible say about hearing God?
What does Biblegateway say about praying to God?
Do You Hear God Speak To You?
Sometimes it is hard to hear God speak to me. When a person has any unconfessed sin in their life, indeed, God will not answer the prayers of those people like God would want to.
James 5:16 Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous person is powerful and effective.
When we are not walking with God, it is like we are miles away. The only real way to get back into fellowship with God is through prayer, confession, repentance.
Below you will see different ways that God can talk to you and me. We are all different, so what works for one person may not be something that usually works for others. Check out the list and see what you find. ~ Bill Greguska
How Can I Hear God Speak To Me!
Hear God speak through prayer, the Bible, meditation, and others.
Sometimes it is hard to hear God speak to us, especially when there is unconfessed sin in our lives, or when we are not walking with God.
Here are some exciting ways below how we can hear God speak. We open up our hearts to hear God talking to us. This list is only a beginning because God can choose to speak with us any way He wants! There are also guidelines, so we do not go astray.
We Are Meant To Hear God Speak, But It Takes Time!
God Can Speak To Us In Multi-Level Ways!
God Commands His Angels, And They Hear God Speak!
- Angels – messengers from God. 1 Corinthians 13:1
- Bible – the holy, super-slow, spiritual reading and application of the Scriptures, and can include using the five senses of sight, hearing, smell, taste, and touch. Lectio Divina or divine reading is sometimes described as “reading with the mind in the heart.”The written revelation of God’s Word is combined with the way the Holy Spirit quickens particular portions as a direct word in a present circumstance.
- Circumstances – confirming situations and events that all seem to point in the same direction, often combined with a profound sense of inner peace. Colossians 3:15.
- Common Sense – the ordinary use of rational, good judgment through experience, and logical thinking.
- Conscience – knowing right from wrong. See Romans 2:15; 9:1.
- Emotions – a gut-level feeling, desire, impulse, impression, arresting concern, or insistent nudge.
- Encounter – a phenomenal experience with God without words, but leaving an overwhelming message or strong impression.
- Intellectual Reasoning – cognitive, mental processing, and evaluating of data leading to clear conclusions like connecting pieces of a puzzle.
- Intuition – knowing spontaneously the right thing to do or say.
More Ways God Can Speak to us!
- Journaling – writing down different times of communion or conversations with God.
- Meditation – memorization, repetition, and prayerful rumination of Scripture texts. Hear God speak to you.
- Memory – the remembrance of an event, thought, or Scripture previously learned. John 2:22; John 14:26.
- Music – meditative or worshipful music that brings stillness, a sense of God’s presence, or a spirit of praise.
- Nature – the silent shouting of God’s creation, or personal messages that occur through ordinary created objects such as a flower or a tree. See Psalm 19:1-4.
- Prophecy – a timely message or utterance through an individual from God to strengthen, encourage, or comfort that person or that group of people at that particular time. See 1 Corinthians 14:3.
- Preaching and Teaching – a public presentation of the Word of God and applied by the Holy Spirit to the individual. Take notes and listen to hear God speak to you.
- Thoughts – ideas or principles, words, or pictures that grow with increasing awareness, clarity, unfolding, intensity, conviction, or volume in mind.
- Word of Wisdom – an appropriate, instantaneous insight for a particular occasion, to make the right decision, to discern right from wrong, or to resolve, help or heal a specific situation or need
What are the top three ways God frequently uses to speak to you? Which one is a current area of spiritual growth?
Rev. David John Smith
What If My Problems Seem Out Of Control?
Find Hope And Encouragement From Our Links!
- If you just started believing in God, we have a page specifically for you.
- If you are dealing with anger, stress, or depression, we have information that can be of help to you.
- We have phone helplines, website links, youtube videos.
- You can learn more about us and our goals and our purpose.
- If you have a drug/alcohol problem or if you want to get right with God, you are at the right place!
- If you need to talk to someone right away, you can call 800-633-3446 or click here.
- Finally, if you have any questions or would like to get on our email list, just let us know.
For Encouragement Call 1-800-633-3446 or Chat