Please contact us if you have questions or if you need some encouragement.
When we use God’s name in vain, we do not fully grasp the significance of our actions. It is important to remember that when we mock God, we are essentially mocking the very essence of love and goodness. God commands us to honor Him because He knows that by doing so, we align ourselves with His divine purpose for us. I can vividly recall a time from my younger years when I used God’s name in vain on the basketball court. However, as soon as I understood that it was a sin against God, my perspective changed drastically.
Reflecting upon those moments now, I realize how influenced I was by external factors like peer pressure and substances such as alcohol and drugs. These distractions prevented me from giving God the respect He truly deserved. Additionally, other influences such as the media further blurred my understanding of what it meant to honor and revere God. It is crucial to acknowledge that people can unknowingly or subtly mock God in various ways beyond using His name carelessly or disrespectfully. Ignoring Him altogether, misquoting His words, or showing disbelief towards Him are all forms of mockery too. Even before embracing my faith as a Born Again Christian, there was an inherent sense within me that knew better than to mock or disrespect our Creator. Yet some individuals believe they stand above society’s laws while remaining unaffected by the consequences set forth by God and His word. Let us remember though that one day everyone of us will have to bow our knees before Him – hopefully after reconciling with Him before hand. ~ Bill Greguska
Galatians 6:7 Do not be deceived: God cannot be mocked. A man reaps what he sows.
Do Not Mock God!
The Dictionary Defines Mock As:
- Attack or treat with ridicule, contempt, or derision.
- Ridicule by mimicry of action or speech; mimic derisively.
- To use ridicule or derision; scoff; jeer.
- A contemptuous or derisive imitative action or speech; mockery or derision
Here Are Some Helpful Links:
- How in the world can I please God?
- How do I get right with God?
- What does it mean to be a born-again Christian?
What Is Blasphemy Of The Holy Spirit?
Do Not Mock God, But Rather Have Faith In Jesus Christ!
Some Specific Scriptures To Encourage You:
Find Hope And Encouragement From Our Links!
- If you just started believing in God, we have a page specifically for you.
- If you are dealing with anger, stress, or depression, we have information that can help you.
- We have phone helplines, website links, and YouTube videos.
- Learn more about us, our goals, and our purpose.
- If you have a drug/alcohol problem or want to get right with God, you are at the right place!
- If you need to talk to someone right away, you can call 800-633-3446 or click here.
- Finally, if you have any questions or want to get on our email list, just let us know.