Start by determining that you want to love Go0d and love others. Friends can help, but let God help you pick them. (iron sharpens iron).
Please contact us if you have any questions or comments or would just like some encouragement?
There are times when I can help my friends, and there are other times friends can help me! Be a good friend at all times. ~ Bill Greguska
Proverbs 17:17 A friend loves at all times, and a brother is born for a time of adversity.
How To Start Connecting With Others?
Indeed, God Is For Us, Not Against Us!
With the common bond of Jesus Christ, Christian can encourage a friend when times are difficult or anytime for that matter. Friends can help!
You might want to connect with your church, Bible study, or through word of mouth and prayer. This website’s purpose is to connect people who have weathered storms in their lives and are now on solid ground so that they can help others, because friends can help.
We invite those people to encourage those who are struggling. God has all the answers that we need in His Word, the Bible.
I encourage you to inventory your circle of friends, family members to think of who you could reach out to offer encouragement or any support. You will become quickly aware that encouraging others will not only benefit them, but you also will find a blessing from it. (even though that is not the purpose).
- Do you know what the promises of God are? There are over 3,000 promises made in the bible.
- Do you know what the grace of God is? Mercy is not getting a penalty that you deserve. Grace is getting something you did not earn or deserve.
Tips To Encourage A Friend Who Needs Encouragement!
Try To Become A Good Encourager!
Real friends can help when it feels as though the rest of the world has left you.
- Pray, pray, pray and keep praying to ask God for someone for you to encourage.
- Listen to the Holy Spirit to help you determine your first steps.
- Talk to someone like your pastor, an accountability partner, close friends, to get feedback and suggestions.
- Write down on paper or your computer the brainstorm ideas that you come up with that might help.
- Determine your spiritual gifts, strengths, and abilities.
- Pray that God would create a community of encouragement in your family, church, workplace, school.
- Keep in mind what you would be best equipped at doing, either to talk one on one or to do deeds of service.
- Pray about your progress and be sure that your intentions are noble and your focus is to help others.
- Remember that we are saved by grace and works like helping others does not get us to heaven.
- Keep your relationship with the Lord strong so you can be a good influence, and help others.
- Pray specifically for God to make you a good encourager.
- Make encouragement a daily discipline and habit.
- Use Scripture if you’re able to with the other person, and be as specific concerning the things you say.
- Think of people who have encouraged you who you can repay the favor to in their life?
- Search the rest of our site to gather more ideas.
Next Steps To Consider!
Our Bible Study Encourages One Another!
I have learned that friends can help, because of Jesus Christ, my Bible study has been a huge support system in my life in both good times and bad times.
Hebrews 3:13 But encourage one another daily, as long as it is called “Today,” so that none of you may be hardened by sin’s deceitfulness.
When God puts someone in your heart to help, first pray about it and then make contact. Tell them it would be an honor to walk with them for a while, as Ron and Sue Sauer and Mark Mallwitz have done in my life.
Be sensitive to someone who may want to talk. You will be the most successful if you point others to Jesus Christ rather than focusing on their strength and wisdom.
You will find the success like always if you focus on pointing others to Jesus Christ and His word, rather than on their strength and wisdom to get them out of their fog.
2 Corinthians 1:4 God the Father, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves receive from God.
Please Contact Us if you have any questions, comments or suggestions.
Friends Can Help, So Encourage A Stranger!
When you help others, who can not help you back that how you encourage a friend.
Everyone needs encouragement from time to time. Ask God how you can encourage someone?
To help someone does not always mean giving them the answers to their problems.
Sometimes just being there for others is a tremendous help! It may be the most practical to share a kind word with a stranger.
They are everywhere, and you need to reach out, listen to their story, and point them to Jesus Christ and God’s Word.
- If you just started believing in God, we have a page specifically for you.
- If you are dealing with anger, stress, or depression, we have information that can be of help to you.
- We have phone helplines, website links, youtube videos.
- You can learn more about us and our goals and our purpose.
- If you have a drug/alcohol problem, or if you want to get right with God you are at the right place!
- If you need to talk to someone right away, you can call 800-633-3446 or click here.
- Finally, if you have any questions, or would like to get on our email list, just let us know.
For Encouragement Call 1-800-633-3446 or Chat