Quit Smoking Now And Save Your Life!
When I first started smoking, it was exciting, cool, impressive, and just the right thing to do. When I wanted to quit smoking and I did not have the power to do so! My encouragement to you is do not quit trying!
Trust me, it does get better and you will look back and wish you quit sooner but thank God you could quit. Don’t wait another day, quit smoking now!
I earnestly tried for a couple years to quit smoking, but with no luck at all. I was a heavy smoker of 2-3 packs a day. Ask God to help you and also ask those people in your life to help you also. It will most likely not be really easy to do, but once you get 24, 48, 72, 96 hours without a cigarette, you will be on the way to a smoke-free life again! I quit on January 10th, 1988 which was one of the smartest things I did for myself besides quitting drugs and alcohol. ~ Bill Greguska
Here are some helpful links:
- How can I overcome sin in my Christian life?
- I am a Christian who is addicted to smoking. How can I quit?
- What does the Bible say about habits?
- Why are there times when God seems silent/absent in a believer’s life?
- Why is “the devil made me do it” not a valid excuse?
Helpful Resources About Quitting Smoking Cigarettes
- How to handle withdrawal symptoms and triggers, when you decide to quit smoking.
- How much money are your additions costing you, use this calculator?
- Smoking relapse: What to do if you start smoking again?
Since you can quit anything… either an addiction or bad habit with God’s help for:
- 15 minutes
- 30 minutes
- 1 hour
- 3 hours
- 8 hours and longer…
Then with God’s help, there is hope for you to quit the ANY addiction, or bad habit that has put you in chains. Go for the goal of 24 hours, then 2 days, 4 days, 7 days, and so forth… Do it One Day At A Time! I am not saying it will be easy, but with God all things are possible!
How Much Money You Will Save When You Quit Smoking!
Your focus will be on how much money you will be saving, and this goes for all other product that you use and that you want to cut out of your life.
Save money by quit smoking! (this also applies to any other addiction)
Figure out how much money you will SAVE when you quit smoking cigarettes!
Here is all you need to do. (the cost below is just to use as an example. Put in what you pay)
If you smoke one pack a day each day, and you pay at least $6.00 per pack, you spend $2,190.00 in one year (including sales tax). If you are a two pack a day smoker, and you pay at least $5.00 per pack, you spend $4,380.00 in one year (including sales tax).
Price break down for money saved by quitting smoking cigarettes or any other consumable product!
# of packs/day_________
x price/pack ___________
x 30 days/month_______
Total per month _______
Make It Your Goal To Go For 24 Hours!
In doing so, you will be on your way in stopping smoking. The first few days will be the hardest, but after that, you will gain confidence and will be able to break the habit with God’s help like I was able to do. Doing 24 hours without a cigarette is a significant step towards quitting smoking cigarettes, just keep doing one day at a time, and if by possibility you fail when you try, get right back up there and try again!
Two to Three Months After You Quit Smoking
- Improved circulation
- Walking becomes easier
- Lung function increases up to 30%
One To Nine Months After You Quit Smoking
- Coughing, sinus congestion, fatigue, and shortness of breath decrease
- Increased ability to clear lungs of mucus. Fewer colds and respiratory infections
One Year After You Quit Smoking
- Risk of coronary heart disease is decreased to half that of a smoker
Five Years After You Quit Smoking
- Stroke risk is reduced to that of a person who has never smoked
Ten Years After You Quit Smoking
- Lung cancer death rate drops to half that of a continuing smoker
- Likelihood of cancer in the throat, esophagus, bladder, kidney and pancreas decreases
Fifteen Years After You Quit Smoking
- Risk of occurrence of coronary heart disease is like that of a person who has never smoked
Statistics from The American Cancer Society
Quit Smoking Then You Will Be So Very Much Healthier!
I would be very proud to have influenced anyone that I know or don’t know to quit smoking. ~ Christy Turlington1 Corinthians 6:19-20 Do you not know that your bodies are temples of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your bodies.
Obvious Reasons To Learn How To Quit Smoking
- I do not want my children ever to smoke or be damaged by my smoking.
- There are better ways to spend my money.
- I would rather be healthy.
- Having yellow teeth and brown fingers are not attractive.
- No one wants to kiss an ashtray.
- Tar belongs on the street, not in my lungs.
- Coughing is not a neat thing.
- Smoker’s breath is gross.
- Smoking pollutes the air for others that I care about.
Related Pages Of Encouragement:
A Special Link for a Little Extra Encouragement
Quit Smoking For Good And Feel Good About Yourself!
For More Encouragement Call 1-800-633-3446 or Chat
My worst habit used to be smoking but I quit. ~ Katherine Heigl
“We know that the law is spiritual, but I am unspiritual, sold as a slave to sin. I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do. And if I do what I do not want to do, I agree that the law is good. As it is, it is no longer I who do it, but it is sin living in me. Now if I do what I do not want to do, it is no longer I who do it, but it is sin living in me that does it.” Romans 7:14-20