Scriptures About Healing!
God exists, He can heal, He wants to heal, and His Will is going to be done in His timing. We can pray and ask God to heal our loved ones or us, yet it is up to His purpose and plan to what will happen. The Lord will give us the strength we need and will comfort us. He will heal us at some point here on earth, or when He takes us home. Either way, those who believe in the Lord will be healed here, there, or in the air. ~ Bill Greguska
Healing Physical, Emotional, Mental, And Spiritual!
Learn About Specific Scriptures Of Encouragement!
What does the Open Bible say about healing?
What does Biblegateway say about healing?
Healing In Our Lives!
We all have experienced healing in our lives, in many different degrees. From as small as a cut on your hand, to healing from alcohol and drugs like in my life. God created us and loved us and provides for us in all our needs according to his will. If you are in a hospital or dealing with physical, mental, or emotional distress, you can take your cares to the Lord in prayer, and he will hear your cry for help. Take a moment to find out what the Bible and Adrian Rodgers has to say about healing?
Yes, there was a time in my life that I felt that I would never experience healing in my life, but I stand corrected in that thought because God did healing in the area of addiction in my life! I do not believe that putting one’s hands on another person and praying for God to heal them is something that God has to respond to (it would be like we would be controlling God’s will which unthought of). Still, on the other hand, God can do whatever God wants to do, and if God wants that person to be healed at that moment, who am I to say that is not possible. In my life, I have never experienced anything like that, but I am not saying it can not happen.
I do think that some people believe that since God does not answer prayer right away, that means he never will? That is not true at all. God, in His omnipotence, chooses who He will heal, and when He will improve, for whatever reason that may be. Have faith and trust God for your physical and emotional and mental healing. ~ Bill Greguska
Where Does Healing Begin?
Question: “What Is The Spiritual Gift Of Healing?”
Information Below Is From GotQuestions.org
Answer: The spiritual gift of healing is the supernatural manifestation of the Spirit of God that miraculously brings healing and deliverance from disease or infirmity. It is the power of God that destroys the work of sin or the devil in the human body, such as the healings that Jesus and the disciples performed (Matthew 4:24; Matthew 15:30; Acts 5:15-16; Acts 28:8-9). The gift of healing given to the church is primarily noted in 1 Corinthians 12, where the spiritual gifts are listed.
Spiritual gifts are powers, skills, abilities, or knowledge given by God through the Holy Spirit to Christians. Paul tells the church that the purpose of spiritual gifts is to edify other believers and, ultimately, to glorify God. God gives these gifts for His use, but in the Corinthian church, they were a type of status symbol or being used to indicate superiority. Interestingly, 1 Corinthians 12:9 refers to “gifts” of healing in the plural, which may suggest that there are different gifts of healing. The gifts of healing could mean a very wide range of skills or abilities. This could be from the power to do miraculous or dramatic healing, like making the lame walk, or the use or understanding of medicine. It could even be the ability to empathize and show love to others to the point of healing an emotional wound.
There Has Been Much Debate
There has been much debate about the usage of the spiritual gift of healing among Christians. Some believe the gift of healing and some other sign gifts are no longer operative today, while others believe the miraculous gifts are still in use today. Of course, the power to heal was never in the gifted person himself/herself. The ability to heal is from God and God alone. Although God does still heal today, we believe His healing through the gift of healing belonged primarily to the apostles of the first-century church to affirm that their message was from God (Acts 2:22; Acts14:3).
God still performs miracles. God still heals people. There is nothing preventing God from healing one person through the ministry of another person. However, the miraculous gift of healing, as a spiritual gift, does not seem to be functioning today. God can certainly intervene in whatever manner He sees fit, whether in “normal” fashion or through a miracle. Our salvation itself is a miracle. We were dead in sin, but God entered our lives and made us new creatures (2 Corinthians 5:17). That is the greatest healing of all.
God’s Word Offers Healing!
The Healing Power Of Prayer
Pastor Andrian Rogers Talks About Healing
The Power Of Healing
- “But I will restore you to health and heal your wounds,’ declares the LORD” ~ Jeremiah 30:17
- “Heal me, O Lord, and I will be healed; save me, and I will be saved, for you are the one I praise.” ~ Jeremiah 17:14
- “Is anyone among you sick? Let them call the elders of the church to pray over them and anoint them with oil in the name of the Lord. And the prayer offered in faith will make the sick person well; the Lord will raise them up. If they have sinned, they will be forgiven.” ~ James 5:14-15
- He said, “If you listen carefully to the LORD your God and do what is right in his eyes, if you pay attention to his commands and keep all his decrees, I will not bring on you any of the diseases I brought on the Egyptians, for I am the LORD, who heals you.” ~ Exodus 15:26
“Worship the LORD your God, and his blessing will be on your food and water. I will take away sickness from among you…” Exodus 23:25
- “So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.” ~ Isaiah 41:10
- “if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land. Now my eyes will be open, and my ears attentive to the prayers offered in this place.” ~ 2 Chronicles 7:14-15
- “He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away.” ~ Revelation 21:4
“Therefore, confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous person is powerful and effective.” ~ James 5:6
- “A cheerful heart is good medicine, but a crushed spirit dries up the bones.” ~ Proverbs 17:22
- “Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.” ~ John 14:27
- “He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds.” ~ Psalms 147:3
- “Have mercy on me, LORD, for I am faint; heal me, LORD, for my bones are in agony.” ~ Psalms 6:2
- Is anyone among you in trouble? Let them pray. Is anyone happy? Let them sing songs of praise. Is anyone among you sick? Let them call the elders of the church to pray over them and anoint them with oil in the name of the Lord. And the prayer offered in faith will make the sick person well; the Lord will raise them up. If they have sinned, they will be forgiven. Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous person is powerful and effective. ~ James 5:13-16
“He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak.” ~ Isaiah 40:29
- “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.” ~ Matthew 11:28-30
- “My son, pay attention to what I say; turn your ear to my words. Do not let them out of your sight, keep them within your heart; for they are life to those who find them and health to one’s whole body.” ~ Proverbs 4:20-22
- “LORD, be gracious to us; we long for you. Be our strength every morning, our salvation in time of distress.” ~ Isaiah 33:2
“No temptation has overtaken you, except what is common to mankind. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can endure it.” ~ 1 Corinthians 10:13
- “Praise the LORD, my soul, and forget not all his benefits – who forgives all your sins and heals all your diseases, who redeems your life from the pit and crowns you with love and compassion.” ~ Psalms 103:2-4
- “The LORD protects and preserves them— they are counted among the blessed in the land – he does not give them over to the desire of their foes. The LORD sustains them on their sickbed and restores them from their bed of illness.” ~ Psalms 41:2-3
What If My Problems Seem Out Of Control?
Find Hope And Encouragement From Our Links!
- If you just started believing in God, we have a page specifically for you.
- If you are dealing with anger, stress, or depression, we have information that can be of help to you.
- We have phone helplines, website links, youtube videos.
- You can learn more about us and our goals and our purpose.
- If you have a drug/alcohol problem, or if you want to get right with God, you are at the right place!
- If you need to talk to someone right away, you can call 800-633-3446 or click here.
- Finally, if you have any questions or would like to get on our email list, just let us know.
For Encouragement Call 1-800-633-3446 or Chat