Scriptures About Healing!
Please contact us if you have any questions or comments or want some encouragement.
Healing was not only in the Old Testament; it still happens in today’s modern society. But God heals when it is in God’s time to heal, not in man’s time to heal. I am not saying God can not heal after someone prays over another person, but God is not obligated to heal someone just because they ask in prayer. God exists, He can heal, He wants to heal, and His Will will be done in His timing. We can pray and ask God to heal our loved ones or us, yet it is up to His purpose and plan to happen. The Lord will give us the strength we need and will comfort us. He will heal us at some point here on earth or when He takes us home. Those who believe in the Lord and love Him will be healed here, there, or in the air. ~ Bill Greguska
Healing Physical, Emotional, Mental, And Spiritual!
Learn About Specific Scriptures Of Encouragement!
What does Biblegateway.com say about healing?
Healing In Our Lives!
In many different degrees, we all have experienced healing in our lives, from as small as a cut on your hand to healing from alcohol and drugs like in my life. God created us, loved us, and provided us with all our needs according to his will. If you are in a hospital or dealing with physical, mental, or emotional distress, you can take your cares to the Lord in prayer, and he will hear your cry for help. Take a moment to find out what the Bible and Adrian Rodgers has to say about healing?
Yes, there was a time when I felt that I would never experience healing in my life, but I stand corrected in that thought because God did healing in addiction in my life! I do not believe that putting one’s hands on another person and praying for God to heal them is something that God has to respond to (it would be like we would be controlling God’s will, which is unthought-of). Still, on the other hand, God can do whatever God wants to do, and if God wants that person to be healed at that moment, who am I to say that is not possible. I have never experienced anything like that in my life, but I am not saying it can not happen.
I do think that some people believe that since God does not answer prayer right away, that means he never will? That is not true at all. God, in His omnipotence, chooses who He will heal and when He will improve, for whatever reason that may be. Have faith and trust God for your physical and emotional, and mental healing. ~ Bill Greguska
Where Does Healing Begin?
Question: “What Is The Spiritual Gift Of Healing?”
The Information Below Is From GotQuestions.org
Answer: The spiritual gift of healing is the supernatural manifestation of the Spirit of God that miraculously brings healing and deliverance from disease or infirmity. It is the power of God that destroys the work of sin or the devil in the human body, such as the healings that Jesus and the disciples performed (Matthew 4:24; Matthew 15:30; Acts 5:15-16; Acts 28:8-9). The gift of healing given to the church is primarily noted in 1 Corinthians 12, where the spiritual gifts are listed.
Spiritual gifts are powers, skills, abilities, or knowledge given by God through the Holy Spirit to Christians. Paul tells the church that the purpose of spiritual gifts is to edify other believers and, ultimately, to glorify God. God gives these gifts for His use, but in the Corinthian church, they were a status symbol or used to indicate superiority. Interestingly, 1 Corinthians 12:9 refers to “gifts” of healing in the plural, suggesting different healing gifts. The gifts of healing could mean an extensive range of skills or abilities. This could be from the power to do miraculous or dramatic healing, like making the lame walk, or the use or understanding medicine. It could even be the ability to empathize and show love to others to the point of healing an emotional wound.
There Has Been Much Debate
There has been much debate about the usage of the spiritual gift of healing among Christians. Some believe the gift of healing and some other sign gifts are no longer operative today, while others believe the miraculous gifts are still in use today. Of course, the power to heal was never in the gifted person themselves. The ability to heal is from God and God alone. Although God does still heal today, we believe His healing through the gift of healing belonged primarily to the apostles of the first-century church to affirm that their message was from God (Acts 2:22; Acts 14:3).
God still performs miracles. God still heals people. Nothing is preventing God from healing one person through the ministry of another person. However, as a spiritual gift, the miraculous gift of healing does not seem to be functioning today. God can certainly intervene in whatever manner He sees fit, whether in “normal” fashion or through a miracle. Our salvation itself is a miracle. We were dead in sin, but God entered our lives and made us new creatures (2 Corinthians 5:17). That is the most remarkable healing of all.
HEALING IS GOD’S WILL
Exodus 23:25-26 “So you shall serve the Lord your God, and He will bless your bread and your water. And I will take sickness away from the midst of you. No one shall suffer miscarriage or be barren in your land; I will fulfill the number of your days.”
Isaiah 53:4-5 Surely He has borne our griefs and carried our sorrows; yet we esteemed Him stricken, smitten by God, and afflicted. But He was wounded for our transgressions. He was bruised for our iniquities; the chastisement for our peace was upon Him, and by His stripes, we are healed.
Isaiah 40:31 But those who wait on the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles, they shall run and not be weary, they shall walk and not faint.
Psalms 107:20 He sent His word and healed them and delivered them from their destructions.
Psalms 103:2-3 Bless the Lord, O my soul, and forget not all His benefits: who forgives all your iniquities, who heals all your diseases.
Deuteronomy 7:15 “And the Lord will take away from you all sickness, and will afflict you with none of the terrible diseases of Egypt which you have known, but will lay them on all those who hate you.”
Proverbs 4:20-22 My son, give attention to my words; incline your ear to my sayings. Do not let them depart from your eyes; keep them in the midst of your heart; for they are life to those who find them, and health to all their flesh.
Psalms 92:13-14 Those who are planted in the house of the Lord shall flourish in the courts of our God. They shall still bear fruit in old age; they shall be fresh and flourishing.
SATAN IS THE SOURCE OF ALL SICKNESSES
John 10:10 “The thief does not come except to steal, and to kill, and to destroy. I have come that they may have life and that they may have it more abundantly.”
Luke 13:16 “So ought not this woman, being a daughter of Abraham, whom Satan has bound–think of it–for eighteen years, be loosed from this bond on the Sabbath?”
Matthew 12:22 Then one was brought to Him who was demon-possessed, blind and mute; and He healed him so that the blind and mute man both spoke and saw.
Acts 10:38 How God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Spirit and with power, who went about doing good and healing all who were oppressed by the devil, for God was with Him.
Luke 10:19 “Behold, I give you the authority to trample on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy, and nothing shall by any means hurt you.”
James 4:7 Therefore submit to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.
1 John 4:4 You are of God, little children, and have overcome them because He who is in you is greater than he who is in the world.
Matthew 9:27-30 When Jesus departed from there, two blind men followed Him, crying out and saying, “Son of David, have mercy on us!” And when He had come into the house, the blind men came to Him. And Jesus said to them, “Do you believe that I am able to do this?” They said to Him, “Yes, Lord.” Then He touched their eyes, saying, “According to your faith, let it be to you.” And their eyes were opened. And Jesus sternly warned them, saying, “See that no one knows it.”
Psalms 107:20 He sent His word and healed them and delivered them from their destructions.
1 John 3:8 He who sins is of the devil, for the devil has sinned from the beginning. For this purpose, the Son of God was manifested, that He might destroy the works of the devil. (my purpose is to eliminate sickness, commanding it to leave in Jesus Name)
THE PRAYER OF FAITH
Hebrews 11:1 Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. By it, the elders obtained a good testimony. By faith, we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God so that the things which are seen were not made of things that are visible.
Faith is the assurance (confirmation) of the things hoped for and is the proof of the things that cannot be seen and the confidence that they are real (my faith will consider that something that I cannot know is there yet by my feelings, is already real.)
Mark 9:23 Jesus said to him, “If you can believe, all things are possible to him who believes.”
Hebrews 6:12 That you do not become sluggish, but imitate those who inherit the promises through faith and patience.
Hebrews 11:6 But without faith, it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is and that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him.
Mark 11:23-24 “For assuredly, I say to you, whoever says to this mountain, ‘Be removed and be cast into the sea,’ and does not doubt in his heart, but believes that those things he says will be done, he will have whatever he says. Therefore I say to you, whatever things you ask when you pray, believe that you receive them, and you will have them.”
Romans 10:17 So then faith comes by hearing and hearing by the word of God.
So faith comes by hearing, and hearing comes by the word of God. When I listen to myself speaking the Word of God, my faith is lifted up, and I start to please God. When I believe that God is willing to heal me and that He can do it, that the Bible promises are available for me today, I will pray, and I will receive.
The Healing Power Of Prayer
Pastor Adrian Rogers Talks About Healing
The Power Of Healing
- “But I will restore you to health and heal your wounds,’ declares the LORD” ~ Jeremiah 30:17
- “Heal me, O Lord, and I will be healed; save me, and I will be saved, for you are the one I praise.” ~ Jeremiah 17:14
- “Is anyone among you sick? Let them call the elders of the church to pray over them and anoint them with oil in the name of the Lord. And the prayer offered in faith will make the sick person well; the Lord will raise them up. If they have sinned, they will be forgiven.” ~ James 5:14-15
- He said, “If you listen carefully to the LORD your God and do what is right in his eyes, if you pay attention to his commands and keep all his decrees, I will not bring on you any of the diseases I brought on the Egyptians, for I am the LORD, who heals you.” ~ Exodus 15:26
“Worship the LORD your God, and his blessing will be on your food and water. I will take away sickness from among you. Exodus 23:25
- “So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.” ~ Isaiah 41:10
- “if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land. Now my eyes will be open, and my ears attentive to the prayers offered in this place.” ~ 2 Chronicles 7:14-15
- “He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away.” ~ Revelation 21:4
“Therefore, confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous person is powerful and effective.” ~ James 5:6
- “A cheerful heart is good medicine, but a crushed spirit dries up the bones.” ~ Proverbs 17:22
- “Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled, and do not be afraid.” ~ John 14:27
- “He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds.” ~ Psalms 147:3
- “Have mercy on me, LORD, for I am faint; heal me, LORD, for my bones are in agony.” ~ Psalms 6:2
- Is anyone among you in trouble? Let them pray. Is anyone happy? Let them sing songs of praise. Is anyone among you sick? Let them call the elders of the church to pray over them and anoint them with oil in the name of the Lord. And the prayer offered in faith will make the sick person well; the Lord will raise them up. If they have sinned, they will be forgiven. Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous person is powerful and effective. ~ James 5:13-16
“He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak.” ~ Isaiah 40:29
- “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.” ~ Matthew 11:28-30
“My son, pay attention to what I say; turn your ear to my words. Do not let them out of your sight, keep them within your heart; for they are life to those who find them and health to one’s whole body.” ~ Proverbs 4:20-22
“LORD, be gracious to us; we long for you. Be our strength every morning, our salvation in time of distress.” ~ Isaiah 33:2
“No temptation has overtaken you, except what is common to mankind. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can endure it.” ~ 1 Corinthians 10:13
“Praise the LORD, my soul, and forget not all his benefits – who forgives all your sins and heals all your diseases, who redeems your life from the pit and crowns you with love and compassion.” ~ Psalms 103:2-4
“The LORD protects and preserves them— they are counted among the blessed in the land – he does not give them over to the desire of their foes. The LORD sustains them on their sickbed and restores them from their bed of illness.” ~ Psalms 41:2-3
Find Hope And Encouragement From Our Links!
- If you just started believing in God, we have a page specifically for you.
- If you are dealing with anger, stress, or depression, we have information to help you.
- We have phone helplines, website links, YouTube videos.
- You can learn more about us and our goals, and our purpose.
- If you have a drug/alcohol problem, or if you want to get right with God, you are at the right place!
- If you need to talk to someone right away, you can call 800-633-3446 or click here.
- Finally, if you have any questions or want to get on our email list, just let us know.
For Encouragement, Call 1-800-633-3446 or Chat