How To Overcome Habitual Sin And Addictions?
Please contact us if you have any questions or comments or would just like some encouragement?
Addiction and habitual sin go hand in hand. God is the answer to them both. When I was addicted to alcohol and drugs, I was not only an addict, but I was a sinner lost in my habitual sin. I have learned firsthand that addiction and habitual sin are the same, and the remedy for both is the same, which is by accepting Jesus Christ’s sacrificial death on the cross as payment for my sins to free me! All sin, including habitual sin, can be overcome by the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ. I have tried to pull myself up by my bootstraps by trying to think positive, but that got me nowhere. We need God’s saving grace! ~ Bill Greguska
Acts 2:38 Peter replied, “Repent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins. And you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.
Another Term For Addiction = Spiritual Warfare
How Can I Change A Habitual Sin?
Dusty Bibles Lead To Dirty Lives!
Is There Help For Habitual Sin And Addictions?
Does Sin Lead To Death?
Things To Know To Overcome Sin
- Bad habits must be replaced with good ones. Like the story about Joseph, we have to run from the things that tempt us (Genesis 39:15).
- Christian maturity does not happen instantaneously.
- Choosing to walk closely with God each day takes prayer, discipline, and commitment.
- Without the help of the Lord, sin will creep into our lives. Not probably, but I will.
What Consequences Are There If I Continue To Ignore God?
- Less of ability to understand and apply God’s Word (if the person is reading their Bible).
- Setback and derailing of progress in our spiritual growth.
- Void of intimacy with God.
- Weakness in our prayer life.
What Are Some Things I Can Do?
- Avoid the things that can cause us to fall into sin.
- Consciously making God-honoring choices.
- Exchange bad habits with good ones.
- Flee from temptation.
- Keep on loving Jesus with our hearts, souls, mind, and neighbors as ourselves.
- Proactively pursue spiritual growth.
- Think about Jesus, read His Word, and allow the Holy Spirit to strengthen and guide us
Find Hope And Encouragement From Our Links!
- If you just started believing in God, we have a page specifically for you.
- If you are dealing with anger, stress, or depression, we have information to help you.
- We have phone helplines, website links, and YouTube videos.
- You can learn more about us, and our purpose.
- If you have a drug/alcohol problem, or if you want to get right with God, you are at the right place!
- If you need to talk to someone right away, you can call 800-633-3446 or click here.
- Finally, if you have any questions or want to get on our email list, just let us know.
For Encouragement, Call 1-800-633-3446 or Chat