What Good Is There In Shame?
Please contact us if you have any questions or comments, or would just like some encouragement?
An exciting and inspiring future awaits you beyond the noise in your mind, beyond the guilt, doubt, fear, shame, insecurity, and heaviness of the past you carry around. ~ Debbie Ford
Finding Freedom Through Christian Meditation!
Proverbs 3:35 The wise inherit honor, but fools get only shame.
Does Shame Ever Do Any Good?
Can Shame Be Beneficial?
If shame can be used to open our eyes to sin and ways that dishonor God, then the answer is yes, without a doubt! God wired every one of us to be able to have our conscience be bothered so that we can understand and differentiate between what is good, compared to what is evil.
Some negative emotions can be healthy, which helps to keep us on track, although other forms are unhealthy, which makes us feel bad about ourselves for no legitimate reason.
When I was growing up, there were times that my parents used guilt to correct me and prevent me from doing wrong.
I can recall times when I did wrong, and it hurt my mom or my dad, which made me feel sorry for what happened, which I would consider it more of a good thing.
Those times were times of instruction. There, however, have been times that my mom or even a friend would try to manipulate me to do something out of guilt which was not right, that is where discernment must be exercised. We need to keep in mind that each person in our life, also has a sin nature, and they sometimes do not even realize that they are not doing the will of God. That is where forgiveness and grace come into play!
Negative emotions, something happens and can be wrong, and then others finding out that is one thing, but also shame can help us avoid sin too with help from the Holy Spirit. The desire to avoid shame can help you when you are walking with the Lord! Allow shame to encourage you to do better, not demoralize you! ~ Bill Greguska
Here Are Some Helpful Links:
- Counseling Related Questions!
- To do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit, what does that mean? (Philippians 2:3)
- The Bible talks about shame and regret in what ways?
- What are some encouraging Bible verses?
- What does it mean not to be ashamed of the Gospel (Romans 1:16)?
Don’t Let Guilt Or Shame Keep You Away From God!
Are You Feeling Guilt About Things Sometimes?
Put it this way, if you are feeling guilty and it is coming from something that God’s word from the Bible says, then that is okay.
On the other hand, it the guilt from others or yourself. Then that is not healthy and ought to be looked at carefully and do something about it. Remember that there are two types of guilt, one guilt is healthy and the other one is not!
Related Pages Of Encouragement:
A Special Link for a Little Extra Encouragement
Is Shame From God?
It is something that is a result of some sin by word or deed. It is the God part of us that feels the broken fellowship with God when we do something wrong, and we feel guilty.
A persons conscience helps to keep people away from those things we know we ought not to do, then shame is great, but if shame is something that keeps you depressed and feeling guilty and sad about yourself, it would be wise to check out
1 John 1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.
What If My Problems Seem Out Of Control?
We Pray You Find Hope And Encouragement From Our Links!
- If you just started believing in God, we have a page specifically for you.
- If you are dealing with anger, stress, or depression, we have information that can be of help to you.
- We have phone helplines, website links, youtube videos.
- You can learn more about us and our goals and our purpose.
- If you have a drug/alcohol problem or if you want to get right with God, you are at the right place!
- If you need to talk to someone right away, you can call 800-633-3446 or click here.
- Finally, if you have any questions or would like to get on our email list, just let us know.
For Encouragement Call 1-800-633-3446 or Chat