Is There Anything Good About Shame?
Please contact us if you have any questions or comments or want some encouragement.
If shame can redirect a person’s sinful behaviors and is coming in the form of the conviction of the Holy Spirit to help get them, then that is a good thing. Otherwise, shame from others, ourselves, or the devil can scar someone if applied without love and respect. Put it this way, if you are feeling guilty and it comes from something that God’s word from the Bible says, then that is okay. On the other hand, it is the guilt from others or yourself. Then that is not healthy and ought to be looked at carefully and something about it. Remember that there are two types of guilt: one is healthy, and the other is not! ~ Bill Greguska
Finding Freedom Through Christian Meditation!
Does Shame Ever Do Any Good?
If shame can be used to open our eyes to sin and ways that dishonor God, then the answer is yes, without a doubt! God wired every one of us to have our conscience be bothered so that we can understand and differentiate between what is good and what is evil. Some negative emotions can be healthy, which helps keep us on track, although other forms are unhealthy, making us feel bad about ourselves for no legitimate reason. When I was growing up, there were times that my parents used guilt to correct me and prevent me from doing wrong. I can recall times when I did wrong, and it hurt my mom or my dad, which made me feel sorry for what happened, which I would consider more of a good thing.
Those times were times of instruction. There, however, have been times when my mom or even a friend would try to manipulate me to do something out of guilt which was not correct. That is where discernment must be exercised. We need to remember. Each person in our life also has a sinful nature, and they sometimes do not even realize that they are not doing the will of God. That is where forgiveness and grace come into play! Negative emotions, something happens and can be wrong, and then others find out that is one thing, but shame can also help us avoid sin with help from the Holy Spirit. The desire to avoid embarrassment can help you when you are walking with the Lord! Allow shame to encourage you to do better, not demoralize you! ~ Bill Greguska
How You Can Overcome Shame And Guilt!
Here Are Some Helpful Links:
- Counseling Related Questions!
- To do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit, what does that mean? (Philippians 2:3)
- The Bible talks about shame and regret in what ways?
- What are some encouraging Bible verses?
- What does it mean not to be ashamed of the Gospel (Romans 1:16)?
Don’t Let Guilt Or Shame Keep You Away From God!
Is Shame From God?
It is a result of some sin by word or deed. The God part of us feels the broken fellowship with God when we do something wrong and feel guilty. A person’s conscience helps to keep people away from those things we know we ought not to do, then shame is great, but if shame is something that saves you from depression and feeling guilty and sad about yourself, it would be wise to check out
1 John 1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.
We Pray You Find Hope And Encouragement From Our Links!
- If you just started believing in God, we have a page specifically for you.
- If you are dealing with anger, stress, or depression, we have information to help you.
- We have phone helplines, website links, and YouTube videos.
- You can learn more about us, our goals, and our purpose.
- If you have a drug/alcohol problem or want to get right with God, you are at the right place!
- If you need to talk to someone right away, you can call 800-633-3446 or click here.
- Finally, if you have any questions or want to get on our email list, just let us know.