How Do You Know If You Are Going To Heaven?
Please contact us if you have questions or comments or want encouragement.
When I was a young boy, I thought that all I needed to do to get into heaven was to be good. Later in life, when I was in my twenties and became a Born Again Christian, I learned that it is by faith that we get into heaven, not because of anything good we can do! Otherwise, why would Jesus have to die on the cross for our sins? I benefited from what He did, which is why I know I am going to heaven. I hope you are too.
You can know for sure by accepting Jesus as your Lord and Savior. I know that I am going to heaven, not because of anything I have done, such as giving money to the church or the poor, or helping old people, or just being a “good person,” but rather because of what Jesus did on the cross of Calvary by sacrificing Himself for our sins. All I had to do was put my faith in Jesus and follow Him. Jesus did it all. Eternity does not start the moment when we die. It begins when we become Born Again which lasts for eternity!~ Bill Greguska
Ephesians 2:8-9 For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God— not by works, so that no one can boast.
A Few Good Questions
- I have just put my faith in Jesus. Now what?
- What do I need to do to hear, “Well done, good and faithful servant” when I arrive in heaven?
- Who will go to heaven?
Is It True That All Roads Lead To God?
Romans 10:9-11 If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you profess your faith and are saved. As Scripture says, “Anyone who believes in him will never be put to shame.”
Self Encouragement Comes From The Wisdom Of Eternity!
THREE FACTS YOU NEED TO ACCEPT
God makes us right with Him through Jesus Christ.
God makes us right with Him through faith in Jesus!
How Can I Know For Sure That I Will Go To Heaven When I Die?
Do You Know You Can Be In Heaven?
You’ll need to understand what Jesus did to assure you of your salvation!
What is your decision going to be?
- It has been made aware that we all have sinned and deserve God’s judgment by God’s Word.
- God, the Father, sent His only Son to satisfy that judgment for those who believe in Him.
- Jesus, the creator and eternal Son of God, who lived a sinless life, loves us so much that He died for our sins.
- He took the punishment that we deserve. He was buried and rose from the dead, according to the Bible.
- If you truly believe and trust this in your heart, receiving Jesus alone as your Savior, declaring, “Jesus is Lord,” you will be saved from judgment and spend eternity with God in heaven.
- Yes, I want to follow Jesus!
- I am a follower of Jesus already!
- I still have more questions about Jesus!
“My Home Is In Heaven. I’m Just Traveling Through This World.”
~ Billy Graham
God Wants You In Heaven With Him In Heaven!
Sin Separates You From God
Jesus Christ Died For Our Sins
We Must Receive Christ To Go To Heaven
Going To Heaven – You Can Only Imagine!
Funeral Of Diana Rose Rathmann
~ By Pastor Doug Schoen January 18, 2020
I knew Diane from Elmbrook church and volunteered at a resale store called “Almost Anything.” Diana had stage 4 cancer for four, and she had incredible strength and confidence in the Lord. She always was cheerful and kind to everyone. She was very friendly, intelligent, reliable, and a natural leader. She had a beautiful positive character, yet what made Diana tick was her love and faith for her Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. Nice things are beautiful, but they did not get Diana into heaven. Her faith in Jesus Christ and what He did on the cross was not anything Diana did herself!
What is heaven? Psalm 23:6 John 14:2 Matthew 6:9-10
Am I qualified for heaven? Romans 6:23
What must I do? 1 John 1:9 John 5:24
How do I transition? Psalm 23:4 2 Corinthians 5:8 Ecclesiastes 12:7
What will I look like? Philippians 3:20-21 1 Corinthians 15:42-44
Will I become an angel? Luke 20:36
Who else will be in heaven? Revelation 7:9
2 Timothy 4:7-8 I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. Now there is in store for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will award to me on that day—and not only to me but also to all who have longed for his appearing.
Religion Is Trusting In What I Have Done.
Christianity Is Trusting In What Jesus Has Done.
There Is A Huge Difference!
How Can I Know For Sure That I Will Be Going To Heaven?
The quick answer to this question is in Romans 10:9-10 . If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you profess your faith and are saved.
Click on this link to watch a short video explaining how you can be sure that you will be in heaven when you die someday. For more information, read more.
The Bible teaches us a great deal about heaven. I researched Biblegateway.com and found 622 Bible results for “heaven.” Heaven is very real, and so is hell. We are all going to die one day. Learn the truth about eternity!
Jesus Revealed That Heaven Is A Real!
- John 14:2 In my Father’s house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.
- John 14:3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.
- John 14:4 And whither I go ye know, and the way ye know.
24 Times Jesus Made Reference To God The Father Dwelling In Heaven:
- Matthew 5:16 Let your light so shine before men that they may see your good works and glorify your Father in heaven.
- Matthew 5:45 that you may be sons of your Father in heaven; for He makes His sun rise on the evil on the good, and sends rain on the just and on the unjust.
- Matthew 5:48 Therefore, you shall be perfect, just as your Father in heaven is perfect.
- Matthew 6:1 Take heed that you do not do your charitable deeds before men, to be seen by them. Otherwise, you have no reward from your Father in heaven.
- Matthew 6:9 In this manner, therefore, pray: Our Father in heaven, Hallowed be Your name.
- Matthew 7:11 If you then, being evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father who is in heaven give good things to those who ask Him!
- Matthew 7:21 Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven.
- Matthew 10:32 Therefore, whoever confesses Me before men, him I will also confess before My Father, who is in heaven.
- Matthew 10:33 But whoever denies Me before men, him I will also deny before My Father who is in heaven.
- Matthew 12:50 For whoever does the will of My Father in heaven is My brother and sister and mother.
- Matthew 16:17 Jesus answered and said to him, “Blessed are you, Simon Bar-Jonah, for flesh and blood has not revealed this to you, but My Father, who is in heaven.
- Matthew 18:10 Take heed that you do not despise one of these little ones, for I say to you that in heaven, their angels always see the face of My Father who is in heaven.
- Matthew 18:14 Even so, it is not the will of your Father who is in heaven that one of these little ones should perish.
- Matthew 18:19 Again, I say to you that if two of you agree on earth concerning anything they ask, it will be done for them by My Father in heaven.
- Matthew 23:9 Do not call anyone on earth your father; for One is your Father, He who is in heaven.
- Mark 11:25 And whenever you stand praying, if you have anything against anyone, forgive him, that your Father in heaven may also forgive you your trespasses.
- Mark 11:26 But if you do not forgive, neither will your Father in heaven forgive your trespasses.
- Mark 13:32 But of that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father.
- Luke 11:2 So He said to them, When you pray, say: Our Father in heaven, Hallowed be Your name. Your kingdom come. Your will be done On earth as it is in heaven.
- Mat 5:12 Rejoice, and be exceeding glad: for great is your reward in heaven.
- Matthew 6:19 Do not lay up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and where thieves break in and steal.
- Matthew 6:20 but lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust destroys and where thieves do not break in and steal.
- Luke 6:23 Rejoice in that day and leap for joy! For indeed, your reward is great in heaven.
- Luke 15:7 I say to you that likewise there will be more joy in heaven over one sinner who repents than over ninety-nine just persons who need no repentance.
Here Are Some Helpful Links:
- What is heaven like?
- Who will go to heaven?
- Do dogs go to heaven?
- Questions about eternity!
- Will we be able to see and know our friends and family members in heaven?
Are You Going To Heaven?
Take the quiz: Choose below what you think is required to get into heaven.
- Obey God’s laws and commandments.
- Be genuinely sorry for your sins, and confess your sins.
- Live a good life, and stop sinning.
- Give money to church or charity.
- Water baptism or Holy Communion
- Trust in Jesus Christ as your Savior and also serve Him.
The answers below might or might not surprise you:
ANSWERS: (Taken From The Bible)
1. Trying to keep the commandments cannot save us. They only show us that we are sinners.
2. Being sorry for your sins or confessing your sins cannot take away the sin. The penalty for sin is death. We all die physically, but we also deserve to die spiritually by spending eternity in Hell.
3. Living a healthy life is commendable; stopping sinning is desirable (yet impossible). Jesus is coming to judge the living and the dead!
4. Give money to the church or charities to take away your sins or save you.
5. Water baptism and communion cannot pay for sins. They are for those who are already saved.
6. By trusting in Jesus Christ as the one who died for your sins, you will receive everlasting life. Even though you may die physically, your soul will live forever in Heaven.
Some Specific Scriptures To Encourage You:
Revelation 21:4 ESV
He will wipe away every tear from their eyes, and death shall be no more, neither shall there be mourning, nor crying, nor pain anymore, for the former things have passed away.”
John 14:2 ESV
In my Father’s house are many rooms. If it were not so, would I have told you that I go to prepare a place for you?
1 Corinthians 2:9 ESV
But, as it is written, “What no eye has seen, nor ear heard, nor the heart of man imagined, what God has prepared for those who love him”
John 3:16 ESV
“For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.
Revelation 22:1-5 ESV
Then the angel showed me the river of the water of life, bright as crystal, flowing from the throne of God and of the Lamb through the middle of the street of the city; also, on either side of the river, the tree of life with its twelve kinds of fruit, yielding its fruit each month. The leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations. No longer will there be anything accursed, but the throne of God and of the Lamb will be in it, and his servants will worship him. They will see his face, and his name will be on their foreheads. And night will be no more. They will need no light of lamp or sun, for the Lord God will be their light, and they will reign forever and ever.
Luke 23:43 ESV
And he said to him, “Truly, I say to you, today you will be with me in paradise.”
Romans 10:9-13 ESV
Because, if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For with the heart one believes and is justified, and with the mouth one confesses and is saved. For the Scripture says, “Everyone who believes in him will not be put to shame.” For there is no distinction between Jew and Greek; for the same Lord is Lord of all, bestowing his riches on all who call on him. For “everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.”
Hebrews 11:16 ESV
But as it is, they desire a better country, that is, a heavenly one. Therefore God is not ashamed to be called their God, for he has prepared for them a city.
Matthew 6:19-21 ESV
“Do not lay up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and where thieves break in and steal, but lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust destroys and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.
2 Peter 3:13 ESV
But according to his promise we are waiting for new heavens and a new earth in which righteousness dwells.
John 3:13 ESV
No one has ascended into heaven except he who descended from heaven, the Son of Man.
Find Hope And Encouragement From Our Links!
- If you just started believing in God, we have a page specifically for you.
- If you are dealing with anger, stress, or depression, we have information to help you.
- We have phone helplines, website links, and YouTube videos.
- You can learn more about us, our goals, and our purpose.
- If you have a drug/alcohol or want to get right with God, you are at the right place!
- If you need to talk to someone right away, you can call 800-633-3446 or click here.
- Finally, if you have any questions or get on our email list, just let us know.
For Encouragement, Call 1-800-633-3446 or Chat