Phone Helplines to Help You Where You Need it!
Besides prayer, one of the best ways to get problems resolved is to talk them out with someone who cares and knows some information on the topic of what you need.
Try one or more of the phone helplines below if you need help in any one of these areas? There are many phone numbers listed and also many Internet links available on this page. Or click here for help online. Phone helplines are very helpful; you are just one phone call way from someone who can be of help to you! 1-800-633-3446 ~ Bill Greguska
We all need God. Check out NeedHim.org
My cell phone is my best friend. It’s my lifeline to the outside world. ~ Carrie Underwood
Acts 2:21 And everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.’
700 Club Phone Helplines 1-800-759-0700
Prayer & Phone Helplines 1-800-633-3446
- Alcohol/Drug Help Line (800) 621-1646
- AIDS/HIV Information (800) 448-0440
- Al-Anon for Families of Alcoholics (888) 425-2666
- Alcohol & Drug Abuse & Mental Health Hotline (800) 729-6686
- Christian Counseling (800) 633-3446
- Domestic Violence Hotline (800) 799-7233
- Eating Disorders Prevention (800) 931-2237
- Psychiatric or substance abuse admission (800) 331-2900
- Runaway Switchboard (800) 786-2929
- National Coalition of Anti-Violence Programs (212) 714-1184
- National Coalition against Domestic Violence (303) 839-1852
- Need Him (Spiritual Help) (800) 633-3446
- Hope for the Heart care line (866) 570-4673
- Shoplifter Anonymous (800) 848-9595
More Phone Helplines That May Help You:
Phone Helplines for Christian Counseling Services- General
New Life Clinics 1-800-NEW-LIFE (1-800-639-5433)
National Prayer Line 1-800-4-PRAYER (1-800-477-2937)
Bethany Lifeline Pregnancy Hotline 1-800-BETHANY (1-800-238-4269)
The 700 Club Hotline 1-800-759-0700
Want to know Jesus? 1-800-NEED-HIM (1-800-633-3446)
Phone Helplines for Abortion prevention
Post Abortion Project Rachel 1-800-5WE-CARE
National Abortion Federation Hotline 1-800-772-9100
Phone Helplines for Abuse
National Sexual Assault Hotline 1-800-656-HOPE (1-800-656-4673)
Stop it Now! 1-888-PREVENT (1-888-773-8368)
National Child Abuse Hotline 1-800-4-A-CHILD (1-800-422-4453)
Children Help Center 1-800-872-5437
Phone Helplines for Addiction help
Marijuana Anonymous 1-800-766-6779
Alcohol Treatment Referral Hotline (24 hours) 1-800-252-6465
Families Anonymous 1-800-736-9805
Drug Abuse National Helpline 1-800-662-4357
National Association for Children of Alcoholics 1-888-554-2627
Phone Helplines for Cancer support
American Cancer Society 1-800-227-2345
National Cancer Institute 1-800-422-6237
Phone Helplines for Caregivers
Elder Care Locator 1-800-677-1116
Well Spouse Foundation 1-800-838-0879
Phone Helplines for Crisis Numbers for Teens (Under 18)
Girls and Boys Town 1-800-448-3000
Teen Hope Line 1-800-394-HOPE (1-800-394-4673)
Phone Helplines for Crisis Numbers for Help (Any age)
United Way Crisis Helpline 1-800-233-HELP (1-800-233-4357)
Social Security Administration 1-800-772-1213
Phone Helplines for Domestic Violence
National Domestic Violence Hotline 1-800-799-SAFE (1-800-799-7233)
Battered Women and their Children 1-800=603-HELP
RAINN 1-800-656-HOPE (1-800-656-4673)
Phone Helplines for Eating Disorders
Eating Disorders Awareness and Prevention 1-800-931-2237
Overcomers Outreach, Inc. 1-800-310-3001
Phone Helplines for Homeless/Shelters
American Family Housing 1-888-600-4357
Phone Helplines for Poison information
Poison Control 1-800-942-5969
Phone Helplines for Runaways information
National Runaway Switchboard 1-800-621-4000
Phone Helplines for Salvation information
Want to know Jesus? 1-888-NEED-HIM (1-800-633-3446)
Phone Helplines for Sexual Addiction
Focus on the Family 1-800-A-FAMILY (1-800-232-6459)
Phone Helplines for Suicide
Suicide Hotline 1-800-273-TALK (1-800-273-8255)
Deaf Hotline 1-800-799-4TTY (1-800-799-4889)
Holy Spirit Teenline 1-800-722-5385
Crisis Intervention 1-800-673-2496
Related Pages of Encouragement:
A Special Link for a Little Extra Encouragement
Smokers Phone Helplines Can Be Helpful!
Phone Helplines for Cancer
Cancer Information Service: 800-422-6237
Do you have questions about cancer or quitting smoking? The National Cancer Institute (NCI) has information specialists available by phone M-F, from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. EST. NCI also offers information via its “LiveHelp” online chat service M-F until 11 p.m. EST: Livehelp.cancer.gov/app/chat/chat_launch
Bloch Cancer Hotline: 800-433-0464
Are you newly diagnosed with cancer? The R.A. Bloch foundation’s helpline operators will help get your questions answered and match you up with a survivor of your type of cancer to offer support. The foundation also offers free books, guidance, and information.
Phone Helplines for Child Abuse
National Child Abuse Hotline: 1-800-25-ABUSE (1-800-252-2873)
ChildHelp USA National Child Abuse Hotline: 800-4-A-CHILD (800-422-4453)
ChildHelp operators are available 24/7 to provide multilingual crisis intervention and professional counseling on child abuse. You can get referrals to local social service groups offering to counsel for child abuse.
Phone Helplines for Elder Abuse
Elder Abuse Hotline: 800-252-8966
National Eldercare Locator: 800-677-1116
Elder Abuse Reporting Hotline: 877-477-3646 (Adult Protective Services, Los Angeles)
Every county in the U.S. generally has an Adult Protective Services agency to help elder adults (65 years and older) and dependent adults (18-64 who are disabled) when they cannot meet their own needs or are victims of abuse, neglect, fraud, or exploitation. You can call your county hotline to request the appropriate 24-hour Elder Abuse Hotline.
Phone Helplines for HIV/AIDS/Sexually Transmitted Diseases
National Sexually Transmitted Disease Hotline: 800-227-8922 AskExpertsNow.com
Operators are available M-F, 8 a.m. to 11 p.m. EST to answer general questions and provide information and referrals to free and low-cost public clinics.
Sexually Transmitted Disease & AIDS/HIV Information Hotline: 800-332-2437
Phone Helplines for Rape & Assault or Violence
If you are in immediate danger, call 911.
Rape and Incest National Network (RAINN) Crisis Hotline: 800-656-4673 www.rainn.org For anyone who has been raped or experienced sexual violence.
In addition to its hotline, RAINN works with local rape crisis centers nationwide, providing resources, articles, programs, and events.
National Teen Dating Helpline at 1-866-331-9474 or visit Loveisrespect.org For teens who have been abused.
Phone Helplines for Runaway/Exploited Children
Thursday’s Child’s National Youth Advocacy Hotline: 800-USA-KIDS (1-800-872-5437) ThursdaysChild.org
National Hotline for Missing and Exploited Children: 800-843-5678
This hotline is for reporting missing children and sightings of missing children. They offer assistance to law enforcement agents. Hours of operation are 7:30 a.m.-11 p.m. EST.
National Runaway Switchboard: 800-621-4000
Provides 24/7 crisis intervention and travel assistance to runaways. Gives referrals to shelters for adolescents and families. Also, relays messages or sets up conference calls with parents at the request of the runaway child.
Children of the Night: 800-551-1300
This is a 24/7 crisis line for children 11-17 years of age who have been sexually abused or involved in prostitution childrenofthenight.org.
Child Find of America Hotline: 800-I-AM-LOST (1-800-426-5678)
Looks for missing and abducted children. Operators are available M-F, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. EST. Voicemail on evenings and weekends with calls returned.
Operators are available M-F, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. EST, providing crisis mediation in parental abduction, as well as prevention information and referrals to local agencies. Voicemail on evenings and weekends with calls returned.
Phone Helplines for Substance Abuse/Alcoholism
Drug rehab referral services; includes a large list of drug-specific helplines and hotlines.
Alcohol rehab referral services; includes state and local hotline information and treatment center facility locator.
Boys Town National Hotline: 800-448-3000
Phone Helplines for Suicide
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 800-273-TALK (8255)
This is a 24-hour suicide prevention hotline that is free and available to anyone who is in emotional distress or crisis.
National Suicide Hotlines: 800-SUICIDE (800-784 2433)
Phone Helplines to Surrender Your Baby
Call health & human services nationwide hotline to find a safe surrender site for your baby: 211
National Safe Haven Alliance Crisis Hotline: 1-888-510-BABY
Call these toll free numbers if you want to surrender your baby or are pregnant and have questions about how the “Safely Surrendered Baby” laws in your state can help you.
Don’t abandon your baby. There are “safe surrender” sites in many locations—usually any hospital, fire station, lifeguard station—where you can safely hand over your baby with no questions asked. There are laws in place to protect your privacy and ensure that your baby is not abandoned in an unsafe place when you are in crisis.
Phone Helpline for Teens & Youth
National Teen Dating Helpline at 866-331-9474
For teens who have been abused Loveisrespect.org
Provides 24/7 short-term counseling and referrals to local drug treatment centers, shelters, and counseling services. Responds to youth dealing with pregnancy, molestation, suicide, and child abuse.
Milwaukee Area Emergency Phone Helplines
- Community info lines 211 or 866-211-3380
- CDC Health info line 800-232-4636
- Domestic violence hotline 414-933-2722
- Mental health crisis 414-257-7222
- Mental health crisis 18 years old and under 414-257-7621
- Women and parent helpline 414-671-0566
- Runaway Shelter 414-647-8200
Milwaukee Emergency Shelters
- Guest House 1216 North 13th 414-345-3240
- Hope House (family) 414-645-2122
- Joy House 414-344-3774
- Milwaukee Rescue Mission 1820 West Wells 414-935-0200
- Repair of the Breach 1335 West Vliet 414-934-9305
- 211 Help Center 414-773-0211
- Sojourner Truth House (battered women) 414-933-2722
- UMCS Transitional Living 414-344-1818
- Vets Place Central (homeless vets) 3330 West Wells (Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays, Fridays 7:00am-10:00 am) 414-342-5000
Milwaukee Meal Program
- The Gathering 833 W. Wisconsin 414-272-4122
- Gesu Parish 1210 West Michigan 414-288-7101
- Milwaukee Rescue Mission (Adult men only) Breakfast 6:00 am Lunch 11:00 am Supper 4:00 pm 1820 West Wells 414-935-0200
- Central City Churches 3022 West Wisconsin (lunch 11:30) 414-342-1522
- St. John the Evangelist 812 North Jackson street (11:15 am -1:00 pm) 414-276-9814
- St. Ben’s 924 West Wells 414-271-0135
Milwaukee Food Pantries
See zip codes
Adult Wisconsin picture ID
Proof of children birth date
Recent mail required
- All Saints 4015 North 25th (53206) (9:30-noon Tuesday and Friday) 414-444-5610 Allsaints.mke.org
- Central City Churches 3022 West Wisconsin 414-342-1522
- House of Peace 1702 West Walnut (53205) 414-933-1300
- UMCS 3910 West Lisbon 414-344-1818
Milwaukee Health Care (Homeless Adults Must see social worker 1st)
- 211 Impact 414-773-0211
- City on a Hill 2224 West Kilbourn 414-931-6670
- Healing Center 611 West National 414-671-4325
- Marquette Women & Children Clinic 414-755-6970
- Recovery Health Services 210 W. Capital 414-727-6320
- Repair of the Breach Clinic 1335 West Vliet 414- 934-9035
- St. Ben’s Clinic 1027 North 9th 414- 765-0606
Milwaukee Basic Needs
- St. Vincent de Paul (Calls only) 414-462-7837
Milwaukee Clothing Banks Milwaukee County only. ID and new mail required
- Casa Maria 1131 North 21st 414-344-5745
- House of Peace 1702 West Walnut 414-933-1300
- St. James Red Door 833 West Wisconsin 414-271-1340 ext 104
- UMCS 3910 West Lisbon 414-344-1818
Milwaukee Employment Opportunities phone helplines
- Milwaukee Careers Co-op 3503 West Wisconsin 414-937-8260
- Vets Place Central 3330 West Wells 414-342-5000
- Centro Legal family law low-income 611 West National Suite 103 414-384-7900
- Community Advocate 728 North Lovell (Best to call first) 414-449-4777
- Legal Action 230 West Wells #800 414-278-7722
- Legal Aid 521 North 8th 414-727-5300
Marquette Legal Clinics (Below) No criminal cases. Bring documents. Walk-in-only.
- House of Peace 1702 West Walnut 414-933-1302
- Immigration consult available 414-384-3700
- Milwaukee Justice Center 901 North 9th 414-278-2910
Milwaukee Elderly 60 years and over
- Connection Senior Center 631 North 19th 414-933-7004
- Indian Council of Elderly 3126 W Kilbourn Ave 414-933-1401
- Interfaith for Older Adults 4420 West Vliet 414-342-6664
- Milwaukee County Mental Health Crisis Line 414-257-7222 (24/7)
Please contact us if you have any questions or comments or would just like some encouragement?
Now we’re e-mailing and tweeting and texting so much, a phone call comes as a fresh surprise. I get text messages on my cell phone all day long, and it warbles to alert me that someone has sent me a message on Facebook or a reply or direct message on Twitter, but it rarely ever rings. ~ Susan Orlean
Psalm 30:2 Lord my God, I called to you for help, and you healed me.