How Can You Control Your Temper?
Please contact us if you have questions or comments or want encouragement.
It may sound easier said than done, but it is wise always to control your temper, or you will regret what you say or do! If this is a struggle you have, you are not the only one; countless people have lost their jobs, marriages, families, and peace of mind because they could not control their temper.
You will find some encouraging scriptures about controlling your anger. Control your temper, or your temper will lead you to places and situations you do not want to go to and keep you there longer than you wish to stay. ~ Bill Greguska
Examine Your Life
How To Forgive
Love Your Enemies
Visit All Our Pages
How To Pray?
Video On How To Pray More Effectively?
How To Find A Good Church?
Free Christian Counseling
How To Deal With Anger And Deal With It Now!
How Do You Not Lose Your Temper?
How To Deal With A Partner’s Anger Problem?
Ask God To Help You Control Your Temper!
Ten Scriptures To Help Control Your Temper!
- Refrain from anger and turn from wrath; do not fret—it leads only to evil. Psalm 37:8
- A wise man fears the Lord and shuns evil, but a fool is hotheaded and reckless. Proverbs 14:16
- A quick-tempered man does foolish things, and a crafty man is hated. Proverbs 14:17
- Better a patient man than a warrior, a man who controls his temper than one who takes a city. Proverbs 16:32
- It is a man’s honor to avoid strife, but every fool is quick to quarrel. Proverbs 20:3
- A fool shows his annoyance at once, but a prudent man overlooks an insult. Proverbs 12:16
- A fool gives full vent to his anger, but a wise man keeps himself under control. Proverbs 29:11
- An angry man stirs up dissension, and a hot-tempered one commits many sins. Proverbs 29:22
- A gentle answer turns away wrath, but a harsh word stirs up anger. Proverbs 15:1
- A hot-tempered man stirs up dissension, but a patient man calms a quarrel. Proverbs 15:18
Some Specific Scriptures To Encourage You:
James 1:19-20 ESV
Know this, my beloved brothers: let every person be quick to hear, slow to speak, slow to anger; for the anger of man does not produce the righteousness of God.
Ephesians 4:31-32 ESV
Let all bitterness and wrath and anger and clamor and slander be put away from you, along with all malice. Be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, as God in Christ forgave you.
Proverbs 16:32 ESV
Whoever is slow to anger is better than the mighty, and he who rules his spirit than he who takes a city.
Proverbs 29:11 ESV
A fool gives full vent to his spirit, but a wise man quietly holds it back.
Proverbs 15:1 ESV
A soft answer turns away wrath, but a harsh word stirs up anger.
Colossians 3:8 ESV
But now you must put them all away: anger, wrath, malice, slander, and obscene talk from your mouth.
Proverbs 14:17 ESV
A man of quick temper acts foolishly, and a man of evil devices is hated.
Proverbs 15:18 ESV
A hot-tempered man stirs up strife, but he who is slow to anger quiets contention.
Proverbs 15:1-5 ESV
A soft answer turns away wrath, but a harsh word stirs up anger. The tongue of the wise commends knowledge, but the mouths of fools pour out folly. The eyes of the Lord are in every place, keeping watch on the evil and the good. A gentle tongue is a tree of life, but perverseness in it breaks the spirit. A fool despises his father’s instruction, but whoever heeds reproof is prudent.
Psalm 37:8 ESV
Refrain from anger, and forsake wrath! Fret not yourself; it tends only to evil.
Proverbs 29:22 ESV
A man of wrath stirs up strife, and one given to anger causes many transgressions.
Ephesians 4:26-27 ESV
Be angry and do not sin; do not let the sun go down on your anger, and give no opportunity to the devil.
Galatians 5:15 ESV
But if you bite and devour one another, watch out that you are not consumed by one another.
Galatians 3:27 ESV
For as many of you as were baptized into Christ have put on Christ.
Romans 12:21 ESV
Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.
Find Hope And Encouragement From Our Links!
- If you just started believing in God, we have a page specifically for you.
- If you are dealing with anger, stress, or depression, we have information to help you.
- We have phone helplines and website links, and You or
- Learn more about us, our goals, and our purpose.
- If you have a drug/alcohol problem or want to get right with God, you are at the right place!
- If you need to talk to someone right away, you can call 800-633-3446 or click here.
- Finally, if you have any questions or want to get on our email list, just let us know.