What Is Prayer?
Please contact us if you have questions or comments or want encouragement.
I like what UCLA basketball coach John Wooden said, which I feel condenses the reason and purpose for prayer, “Be true to yourself, help others, make each day your masterpiece, make friendship a fine art, drink deeply from good books – especially the Bible, build a shelter against a rainy day, give thanks for your blessings and pray for guidance every day.”
Prayer, to me, is a direct communication with God, who knows all and loves me to want the very best for me. It is not meant to be a last-minute thought to do if all else fails. It is more like a daily habit that goes with a relationship with God. An analogy would be like a coach giving his players instructions at halftime, not a player trying to instruct a coach. When I pray, I ask God what He wants me to do, and then I do my best to do it. ~ Bill Greguska
Mark 1:35 Very early in the morning, while it was still dark, Jesus got up, left the house, and went off to a solitary place, where he prayed.
How To Pray: The Beginner’s Guide
How To Pray As A Christian?
Why Is Prayer So Important?
Pray And Believe
Where And How To Pray?
Need To Lighten Up?
Why Does God Allow Troubles?
Turn Away From Sin
Improve Your Marriage
Need Advice About Dating
Visit All Our Pages
How To Pray?
Video On How To Pray More Effectively?
How To Find A Good Church?
Free Christian Counseling
Prayer Video For All Circumstances!
Prayer Is Described As:
- Calling upon the name of the Lord: Genesis 12:8
- Crying unto God: Psalms 27:7; Psalms 34:6
- Drawing near to God: Psalms 73:28; Hebrews 10:22
- Looking up: Psalms 5:3
- Lifting the soul: Psalms 25:1
- Lifting the heart: Lamentations 3:41
- Pouring out the heart: Psalms 62:8
- Pouring out the soul: I Samuel 1:15
- Crying to Heaven: II Chronicles 32:20
- Beseeching the Lord: Exodus 32:11
- Seeking God: Job 8:5
- Seeking the face of the Lord: Psalms 27:8
- Making supplication: Job 8:5; Jeremiah 36:7
What Are You Going Through At This Time?
Perhaps a broken relationship, divorce, depression, anger, anxiety, addiction, loss of a loved one, loss of a job, anger, fear, addiction, loss loved one, loss of a job, also Covid 19, plus emotional difficulties, spiritual concerns, mental health, physical pain, etc.
You must try to get out of your problems by searching for solutions instead! Believe me when I say, “When you encourage others, you will be encouraged yourself– Search For Encouragement Ideas Here
James 5:16 Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous person is powerful and effective.
Katy Nichole – Pray In Jesus’ Name (God Of All Possible)
Take a Deep Breath
This is another technique I’ve used to help calm me.
I become very anxious when it comes to public speaking. This includes praying in public. I’ve noticed, though, that taking a deep breath helps calm my mind for a moment. Instead of all the anxious thoughts, my mind is still.
Still, your mind with a deep breath before prayer time. Focus on your breathing and nothing else.
When you’ve calmed your mind, start to pray.
Keep Your Prayers Short
You don’t have to be eloquent in your prayers. Keep your prayers short and simple. Please don’t feel bad about it, either. It’s okay.
The Bible says, “And when you pray, do not keep on babbling like pagans, for they think they will be heard because of their many words.” (Matthew 6:7).
It’s better to have a sincere short, and brief prayer than an insincere long, and wordy prayer.
Pray using your own words. God hears you.
- Let the Holy Spirit guide you.
- Take a deep breath.
- Keep your prayers short.
- Practice praying out loud when you’re alone.
- Practice praying with others.
- Keep a list of prayer ideas.
How To Pray The Right Way?
How To Pray, And Why It Is So Important!
I have never been a person who could pray eloquently, but God does not make that a prerequisite to talking with or listening to God. I have always believed in prayer, yet I have not always been faithful to praying regularly. It was not until several years ago that I started to pray each morning after reading my devotional and Bible. At first, it was somewhat of a choir, but then it became a daily habit that I cheerfully do each morning when I wake up. You, too, can make prayer a part of your life, and trust me, it will make a difference in your life. You will notice almost right away. It will be your connection to God and a lamp unto your feet better to know His will for you and your life. ~ Bill Greguska
Learn That There Are Different Ways To Pray!
There is no right way to pray because you communicate with God, Jesus, and Holy Spirit when you pray. When you talk, talk as though you are talking to a friend sitting next to you. Because in all reality, God is your Father and friend and loves you more than any friend you have ever known, honor and respect are crucial like a father. He loves us, but just like any good father, He will discipline us if we are out of line and sinful.
Some people, like myself, prefer to pray quietly in the morning or with others in a group setting. Your prayers do not have to be polished or eloquent to have God hear them. Some people lift their hands, others fold them, but most important is your heart’s position to be sincere with God. Make sure you stop to listen to God to hear if He has an answer right away or if you need to wait on the Lord. ~ Bill Greguska
Think About Getting On Your Knees!
- Learn how to pray more efficiently and powerfully. Have you ever wondered about the best way how to pray? The best way to share something I am thankful for is with God. Then confess a sin or sins that I committed. Then ask God to forgive me for my sin or sins.
The best way to pray is to confess any sin intimately, ask for forgiveness, and thank God for blessings, others’ needs, and yourself. When we meditate, we listen to God and try to understand God’s will in our life. Prayer is our connection with God.
I also pray for all the victims I hear about on the news and even for others in my personal life struggling with health issues, relationship issues, stress, depression, etc. When I do this right, I pray for things for myself in the end. ~ Bill Greguska
Pray, Stop, Meditate, And Spend Time With God…
And Allow God To Comfort You! ~ Nick Vujicic.
How To Turn Almost Any Scriptures Into A Prayer!
There are many commands God gives us in His Word. If God wants us to do these things, I think it would make sense to pray for God to make them real in our life. We need to start using the scriptures when praying more like this:
- Lord, you have commanded me to be strong and courageous, my shield of protection, and promised that you would be with me wherever I go to help me fight my battles. I need not be afraid. (Similar to Joshua 1:9)
- Lord, I trust you and believe when you tell me to cast my worries and fears onto you. I know you will hear my prayers when because you care for me when I cry out, similar to 1 Peter 5:7)
- Lord, sometimes there are others with whom I have problems. Open my eyes to let me see if the problem lies within me. Otherwise, please bless ______ (the other person) and help me live at peace with everyone if possible as far as it depends on me. (Similar to Romans 12:18)
- Lord, I have been battling like a pit bull inside my mind. Please help me submit all my ways to you and keep the devil far away from me. I know you can do this, so I thank you for answering my prayer ahead of time. (Similar to James 4:7)
- Lord, I thank you for being here for me whenever I have a need or problem. When I need wisdom, you are always a prayer away and answer my cries for help. You tell us that if we lack understanding, we ought to come to you and give us what we need without any shame. Thank you so much. (Similar to James 1:5)
- Lord, sometimes women do not dress appropriately. Please help convict their hearts, and in the meantime, guard our hearts so that we men do not lust after their beauty or become captivated by their eyes. (Similar to Proverbs 6:25)
- Lord, help us trust in you even though ________ (is happening), give us the confidence to know that you always meet our needs somehow or another, help us not to trust our judgment until after we pray about it to you, and you give us the green light. Help us always go to you for our directions in life, and we thank you for your faithfulness. (Similar to Proverbs 3:5-6)
- Lord, I pray for ________. Would you please rescue them from the things that hinder them, be it a false religious system, poor relationships, or a troubled past? Open their eyes and turn them from darkness to light and from Satan’s power to God so they may receive forgiveness of sins and a place among those sanctified by faith. (Similar to Acts 26:17-18)
Is Your Prayer Life Non-Existent?
Ask God For What His Will Is For You!
- Do you feel unworthy to pray because of some sin in your life?
- Do you question your faith?
- Do you remember committing your life to God in the first place?
- Do you find yourself too busy to pray?
Some Specific Scriptures To Encourage You:
Matthew 6:7 ESV
And when you pray, do not heap up empty phrases as the Gentiles do, for they think that they will be heard for their many words.
James 5:16 ESV
Therefore, confess your sins to one another and pray for one another that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous person has great power as it is working.
Jeremiah 33:3 ESV
Call to me, and I will answer you and will tell you great and hidden things that you have not known.
Luke 11:9 ESV
And I tell you, ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you.
Matthew 26:41 ESV
Watch and pray that you may not enter into temptation. The spirit indeed is willing, but the flesh is weak.”
Ephesians 6:18 ESV
Praying at all times in the Spirit, with all prayer and supplication. To that end, keep alert with all perseverance, making supplication for all the saints,
Colossians 4:2 ESV
Continue steadfastly in prayer, being watchful in it with thanksgiving.
Matthew 6:9-13 ESV
Pray then like this: “Our Father in heaven, hallowed be your name. Your kingdom come, your will be done, on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread, and forgive us our debts, as we also have forgiven our debtors. And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.
Find Hope And Encouragement From Our Links!
- If you just started believing in God, we have a page specifically for you.
- If you are dealing with anger, stress, or depression, we have information to help you.
- We have phone helplines, website links, and YouTube videos.
- You can learn more about us, our goals, and our purpose.
- If you have a drug/alcohol problem or want to get right with God, you are at the right place!
- If you need to talk to someone right away, you can call 800-633-3446 or click here.
- Finally, if you have any questions or want to get on our email list, just let us know.
For Encouragement, Call 1-800-633-3446 or Chat
Leave A Comment