Can Church Attendance Get You To Heaven?
Please contact us if you have any questions or comments, or would like some encouragement.
Church attendance is vital for many reasons. One is to hear the word of God shared by the pastor, also fellowship with other believers, a sense of community and family, and the fact that God knows Satan will attack us and that others can be a source of strength and support when in need of help. ~ Bill Greguska
Hebrews 10:24-25 And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds, not giving up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but encouraging one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching.
How Important Is Church Attendance?
Find A Bible Believing Church
In Your Local Area!
Church Attendance Is Very Important!
Why can’t I Stay Home And Pray? I did not always like to go church like many of us when I was growing up. I knew that it was good for me to hear God’s word.
To answer the question, I would have to say no, because the thief on the cross did not attend church, but Jesus said he would be with Him in paradise.
We are called by God to gather in fellowship with one another, to encourage, strengthen, walk-in faith together, and build each other up.
Yes, as a youngster, my attention wandered. I used to ask myself when I was a kid, why even attend church; it was not until I got a little older to understand why!
I learned that going to church was meant for honoring God on Sundays, which should also reflect the rest of the week, don’t you?
But thank God now as an adult, I do enjoy going to church, hearing God’s Word, and fellowshipping with other believers regularly. Why attend church is no longer a question to ask me.
Why Is Church Attendance Necessary?
Church attendance is necessary for fellowship with other believers, to support one another and love one another, while also trying to reach out to others who might not know the Lord yet.
Learning about God is another excellent reason for church attendance.
Whatever you do, do not take church for granted. We are blessed to be able to attend church and honor and worship God who from all good things come. ~ Bill Greguska
Think About This For A Minute:
Church attendance is essential. But keep in mind that going to church does not make you a Christian, any more than going to a garage makes you a car.
Church attendance does not guarantee that you are saved and will be going to heaven. It is good to be exposed to God’s word in church, but do not let that fool you into believing that is all you need. A relationship with Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior is what is critical.
Here Are Some Helpful Links:
- Answers to questions about the church?
- Answers to questions about the church? (part 2)
- Does a person who attends church to go to heaven, and those who don’t go to hell?
- How to find a good church?
- What are the appropriate reasons for missing church?
- What about watching church online instead of church attendance?
Church Attendance? By Pastor Francis Chan
When Looking For A Christian Church To Attend?
Three priorities you should consider when you look for a Spirit-lead church (or choose to become a Spirit-led person) by Pastor Phillip Griffin
- Solid Biblical teaching
- Powerfully anointed worship
- Intimate, deep fellowship
The Church You Call Home!
Pastor Stuart Briscoe has been recognized with transforming Elmbrook from a church of a few hundred people to one of the largest in the country. I am very thankful that I was introduced to Elmbrook Church in 1989 and attended there for a total of 23 years! Elmbrook Church can be found on Facebook.
What If My Problems Seem Out Of Control?
Find Hope And Encouragement From Our Links!
- If you just started believing in God, we have a page specifically for you.
- If you are dealing with anger, stress, or depression, we have information that can be of help to you.
- We have phone helplines, website links, youtube videos.
- You can learn more about us and our goals and our purpose.
- If you have a drug/alcohol problem, or if you want to get right with God, you are at the right place!
- If you need to talk to someone right away, you can call 800-633-3446 or click here.
- Finally, if you have any questions, or would like to get on our email list, just let us know.
For Encouragement Call 1-800-633-3446 or Chat