It is Wise to Take a Personal Inventory Once in a While!
A personal inventory is just taking a close look inward and outward where our life is heading. Make a list of your strengths, your weaknesses and ask God what He wants you to do with your life from this point on.
Before anyone can truly live life to the fullest, they need to take a personal inventory so they can clearly see where people were, and where are heading and also where they hope to go? ~ Bill Greguska
Take a Personal Inventory of Your Life
It will help you examine your past, present, and future!
- Begin by sitting down quietly with God and write down on a piece of paper both of the negative things and also positive things affecting your life today to get a starting point to begin. You will need to make a decision that will make the difference.
- Then with the help of prayer, ask God to show you what you need to do next. It is also a good idea to reach out to a friend, pastor, counselor or someone you know who can give you some real insights and encouragement.
- You will most likely be surprised with what insights you will gain about yourself both good, and not so good, but keep in mind that we are all imperfect human beings.
- Taking a personal inventory of life can be considered somewhat like a pep talk at halftime of a basketball game, evaluating what worked, and what did not work and figuring out a plan for the second half.
Personal Inventory to Look at Yourself Objectively!
There’s nothing like rejection to make you do an inventory of yourself. ~ James Lee Burke
Matthew 7:3 “Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother’s eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye?
Related Pages of Encouragement:
A Special Link for a Little Extra Encouragement
Look Up And Take A Personal Inventory!
Personal Inventory Questions That Might Help You?
- Do you realize having gratitude will naturally make you feel better about yourself?
- Are you stressed out and want to change that?
- Is there someone you need to forgive who has done you wrong?
- Are you concerned that you possibly might have symptoms of depression?
- Do you think that your marriage could use a little help?
- Have relationships been causing a lot of difficulties and you could use some help?
- Do you usually find yourself lacking self-esteem?
- What is the meaning of life to you?
Also, Consider These Personal Inventory Ideas:
- God did not intend for us to wrestle with life all on our own. While you are working through your list, trust that God has a plan for your life and your job is to find out what God’s plan is during this time of your life.
- You can also view our many pages and our online resources/phone help lines and by using our extensive drop-down menu on the top of the page. Tell yourself that the best thing to do is to try to focus on the solutions and stop focusing on the problems, by trusting that God has the answers that you need.
- Take one thing at a time and do not get discouraged, but ask God to help you and if you need to do not be afraid to ask help from a friend or professional to find some encouragement!
- If you have been encouraged in any way or have any questions, let us know and also share us with your friends on Facebook, Twitter, and those on your email list.
Please contact us if you have any questions or comments or would just like some encouragement?
Every Yom Kippur, Jewish tradition requires a strict spiritual inventory. You aren’t supposed to just sit around feeling guilty, but to take action in the real world to set things right. ~ Naomi Wolf
Romans 6:1-2 What shall we say, then? Shall we go on sinning so that grace may increase? By no means! We are those who have died to sin; how can we live in it any longer?