Do You Want To Take A Personal Inventory!
Please contact us if you have any questions or comments, or would just like some encouragement?
Every Yom Kippur, Jewish tradition requires a strict spiritual inventory. You aren’t supposed to just sit around feeling guilty, but to take action in the real world to set things right. ~ Naomi Wolf
Romans 6:1-2 What shall we say, then? Shall we go on sinning so that grace may increase? By no means! We are those who have died to sin; how can we live in it any longer?
Learn About Specific Scriptures Of Encouragement!
What does the Open Bible say about assessing your life?
What does Biblegateway say about reflecting on life?
Personal Inventory To Look At Yourself Objectively!
There’s nothing like rejection to make you do an inventory of yourself. ~ James Lee Burke
Matthew 7:3 “Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother’s eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye?
When Was The Last You Took A Personal Inventory?
A personal inventory helps you get your life in perspective.
Before any of us can fully live, we should take a personal inventory — a closer look at our lives to improve our plans for the future.
A personal inventory is just taking a close look inward and outward where our life is heading.
Make a list of your strengths, your weaknesses, and ask God what He wants you to do with your life from this point on.
Before any of us can fully live our lives, we need to take a personal inventory and take a closer look at our life, so we know where we are coming from, and where we are heading.
Many people seem to drift by in life, making the same mistakes over and over, not learning or growing!
Personal Inventory Both Of Good And Not So Good!
Here Are Some Helpful Links:
- Can a person believe in some sense but not be saved?
- Is there any value to a spiritual gifts test/inventory/assessment?
- Spiritual gifts survey – what are the different spiritual gifts the Bible mentions?
- What are the biblical principles for solid decision-making?
- What does it mean to examine yourself?
Look Up And Take A Personal Inventory!
Take A Personal Inventory Of Your Life!
It will help you examine your past, present, and future!
- Begin by sitting down quietly with God and write down on a piece of paper both of the negative things and also positive things affecting your life today to get a starting point to begin. You will need to make a decision that will make a difference.
- Then with the help of prayer, ask God to show you what you need to do next. It is also a good idea to reach out to a friend, pastor, counselor, or someone you know who can give you some real insights and encouragement.
- You will most likely be surprised by what insights you will gain about yourself both good and not so good, but keep in mind that we are all imperfect human beings.
- Taking a personal inventory of life can be considered somewhat like a pep talk at halftime of a basketball game, evaluating what worked and what did not work and figuring out a plan for the second half.
Scriptures And Related Questions To Help Take A Personal Inventory Of Your Life
- Have you forgiven everyone in your life?
- Do you hate or refuse to love anyone for any reason?
- Is there anyone whom you are harboring bitterness, resentment, or jealousy?
- Have you failed to put God first in your life in any area?
- Is there anything that you have put in front of seeking God’s will?
- Are you secretly pleased with the problems of another?
- Do you ever get bothered by hearing the accomplishment of others?
- Do you often quarrel or argue with others?
- Sometimes do you take credit for anything good about yourself, rather than giving God the praise?
- Do you instead like to talk about what you have done rather than what Christ has done?
- Do your statements begin mostly with ‘I,’ and do your feeling get easily hurt?
Related Pages Of Encouragement:
A Special Link for a Little Extra Encouragement
Personal Inventory Questions That Might Help You?
- Do you realize having gratitude will naturally make you feel better about yourself?
- Are you stressed out and want to change that?
- Is there someone you need to forgive who has done you wrong?
- Are you concerned that you possibly might have symptoms of depression?
- Do you think that your marriage could use a little help?
- Have relationships been causing a lot of difficulties, and you could use some help?
- Do you usually find yourself lacking self-esteem?
- What is the meaning of life to you?
More Scriptures And Related Questions
- Are you more self-conscious rather than Christ-conscious?
- Do you allow feelings of inferiority to keep you from serving God or others in specific ways?
- Are there many times you complain and find fault with others easily?
- Do you quickly become impatient with others?
- Sometimes do you say things that are harsh or unkind?
- Can you listen to unedifying radio or TV programs and not be bothered by it?
- Do you read degrading magazines or websites?
- Is it necessary for you to seek satisfaction from any questionable source?
- Do the cares of this world weigh you down?
- Is your joy found more in the things you have rather than in God and His Word?
- Do you engage in empty and fruitless conversation?
- Are there times that you ever lie? Exaggerate?
- Do you ever cheat or steal?
- Are your thoughts about sex impure at times?
- Do you allow yourself to read things that are impure or unholy?
- Are you guilty of looking lustfully at others?
Personal Inventory Both Positive And Negative!
Consider These Personal Inventory Ideas:
- God did not intend for us to wrestle with life all on our own. While you are working on your list, trust that God has a plan for your life, and your job is to find out what God’s plan is at this time of your life.
- You can also view our many pages and our online resources/phone helplines and by using our extensive drop-down menu on the top of the page. Tell yourself that the best thing to do is to try to focus on the solutions and stop focusing on the problems, by trusting that God has the answers that you need.
- Take one thing at a time and do not get discouraged, but ask God to help you, and if you need to do not be afraid to ask help from a friend or professional to find some encouragement!
- If you have been encouraged in any way or have any questions, let us know and also share us with your friends on Facebook, Twitter, and those on your email list.
What If My Problems Seem Out Of Control?
Find Hope And Encouragement From Our Links!
- If you just started believing in God, we have a page specifically for you.
- If you are dealing with anger, stress, or depression, we have information that can be of help to you.
- We have phone helplines, website links, youtube videos.
- You can learn more about us and our goals and our purpose.
- If you have a drug/alcohol problem, or if you want to get right with God you, are at the right place!
- If you need to talk to someone right away, you can call 800-633-3446 or click here.
- Finally, if you have any questions or would like to get on our email list, just let us know.
For Encouragement Call 1-800-633-3446 or Chat