Take A Personal Inventory!
A personal inventory is just taking a close look inward and outward where our life is heading.
Make a list of your strengths, your weaknesses and ask God what He wants you to do with your life from this point on.
There Are Three Basic Ways In Which We Live Life…
First, of all how we see ourselves, second of all, how other people see us, and finally how God sees us which is how it really is!
Before anyone can truly live life to the fullest, they need to take a personal inventory so they can clearly see where people were, and where are heading and also where they hope to go? ~ Bill Greguska
Here are some helpful links:
- Can a person believe in some sense but not be saved?
- Is there any value to a spiritual gifts test/inventory/assessment?
- Spiritual gifts survey – what are the different spiritual gifts the Bible mentions?
- What are the biblical principles for solid decision-making?
- What does it mean to examine yourself?
Personal Inventory To Look At Yourself Objectively!
There’s nothing like rejection to make you do an inventory of yourself. ~ James Lee Burke
Matthew 7:3 “Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother’s eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye?
Take A Personal Inventory Of Your Life…
It will help you examine your past, present, and future!
- Begin by sitting down quietly with God and write down on a piece of paper both of the negative things and also positive things affecting your life today to get a starting point to begin. You will need to make a decision that will make the difference.
- Then with the help of prayer, ask God to show you what you need to do next. It is also a good idea to reach out to a friend, pastor, counselor or someone you know who can give you some real insights and encouragement.
- You will most likely be surprised with what insights you will gain about yourself both good, and not so good, but keep in mind that we are all imperfect human beings.
- Taking a personal inventory of life can be considered somewhat like a pep talk at halftime of a basketball game, evaluating what worked, and what did not work and figuring out a plan for the second half.
Scriptures And Related Questions To Help Take A Personal Inventory Of Your Life
- Have you forgiven everyone in your life?
- Do you hate or refuse to love anyone for any reason?
- Is there anyone whom you are harboring bitterness, resentment, or jealousy with?
- Have failed to put God first in your life in any area?
- Is there anything that you have put in front of seeking God’s will?
- Are you secretly pleased over the problems of another?
- Have you ever gotten bothered by hearing the accomplishment of others?
- Do you often quarrel or argue with others?
1 Corinthians 10:31
- Sometimes do you take credit for anything good about yourself, rather than giving God the praise?
- Do you rather like to talk of what you have done rather than of what Christ has done?
- Do your statements begin mostly with ‘I’ and do your feeling get easily hurt?
Related Pages Of Encouragement:
A Special Link for a Little Extra Encouragement
Look Up And Take A Personal Inventory!
Personal Inventory Questions That Might Help You?
- Do you realize having gratitude will naturally make you feel better about yourself?
- Are you stressed out and want to change that?
- Is there someone you need to forgive who has done you wrong?
- Are you concerned that you possibly might have symptoms of depression?
- Do you think that your marriage could use a little help?
- Have relationships been causing a lot of difficulties and you could use some help?
- Do you usually find yourself lacking self-esteem?
- What is the meaning of life to you?
More Scriptures And Related Questions
- Are you more self-conscious rather than Christ-conscious?
- Do you allow feelings of inferiority to keep you from serving God or others in certain ways?
- Are there many times you complain and find fault with others easily?
- Do you easily become impatient with others?
- Sometimes do you say things that are harsh or unkind?
- Can you listen to unedifying radio or TV programs and not be bothered by it?
- Do you read degrading magazines or websites?
- Is it necessary for you to seek satisfaction from any questionable source?
- Are the cares of this world weighing you down?
- Is your joy found more in the things you have rather than in God and His Word?
- Do you engage in empty and fruitless conversation?
- Are there times that you ever lie? Exaggerate?
- Do you ever cheat or steal?
2 Timothy 2:22
- Are you thoughts about sex impure at times?
- Do you allow yourself to read things that are impure or unholy?
- Are you guilty of looking lustfully at others?
Consider These Personal Inventory Ideas:
- God did not intend for us to wrestle with life all on our own. While you are working through your list, trust that God has a plan for your life and your job is to find out what God’s plan is during this time of your life.
- You can also view our many pages and our online resources/phone help lines and by using our extensive drop-down menu on the top of the page. Tell yourself that the best thing to do is to try to focus on the solutions and stop focusing on the problems, by trusting that God has the answers that you need.
- Take one thing at a time and do not get discouraged, but ask God to help you and if you need to do not be afraid to ask help from a friend or professional to find some encouragement!
- If you have been encouraged in any way or have any questions, let us know and also share us with your friends on Facebook, Twitter, and those on your email list.
What If My Problems Seem Out Of Control?
We Pray You Find Hope And Encouragement From Our Links!
- If you just started believing in God, we have a page specifically for you.
- If you are dealing with anger, stress, or depression, we have information that can be of help to you.
- We have phone helplines, website links, you tube videos.
- You can learn more about us and our goals and our purpose.
- If you have a drug/alcohol problem, or if you just want to get right with God you are at the right place!
- If you need to talk to someone right away, you can call 800-633-3446 or click here.
- Finally, if you have any questions, or would like to get on our email list, just let us know.
For Encouragement Call 1-800-633-3446 or Chat
Please contact us if you have any questions or comments or would just like some encouragement?
Every Yom Kippur, Jewish tradition requires a strict spiritual inventory. You aren’t supposed to just sit around feeling guilty, but to take action in the real world to set things right. ~ Naomi Wolf
Romans 6:1-2 What shall we say, then? Shall we go on sinning so that grace may increase? By no means! We are those who have died to sin; how can we live in it any longer?