Please contact us if you have any questions or comments or want some encouragement.
I have attended Bible study since I first became a Christian in 1986. I love Bible studies because it is an excellent opportunity to learn more about our Lord and Savior and, at the same time, fellowship with other-minded Christians who are also growing closer to God. I highly recommend going to a Bible study each week. I also encourage you to do personal Bible study on your own each morning, not to add to your knowledge from the Bible, but to be able to apply your new-found wisdom to practical things in your life. We need to know about our faith for our own sake and the sake of others who may not know about Jesus that much yet. It is wonderful to have a Bible study each week to understand God’s Word and fellowship with other believers! Maybe your church offers a Bible study. If so, you would benefit from attending it. ~ Bill Greguska
Mark 12:24 Jesus replied, “Are you not in error because you do not know the Scriptures or the power of God?
Get More From Your Personal Bible Study Time!
Personal Bible Study
With personal Bible study, you can learn at your own pace. A group Bible study has the advantage of learning from the wisdom and insights of others. It is good to do both personal and group Bible studies regularly. God’s Word does not return void! There is a lot to benefit from personal Bible study. Below you will see six short Bible studies that are relatively basic for anyone to learn. Bible study is a beautiful way to get to know God better! A reminder that a small group Bible study is beneficial for learning more about God and His will for our lives: it also provides fellowship and the ability to ask questions and discuss topics together. Ask your local Bible-believing church to point you to such a Bible study. In the meantime, look at the six short personal Bible studies you can do right now.
Personal Bible Study Lesson 1
*What is God Like?
“If you call out for insight and cry aloud for understanding, and if you look for it as for silver and search for it as for hidden treasure, then you will understand the fear of the Lord and find the knowledge of God.” Proverbs 2:3-5
- First, read Psalm 97:1-9. What do we learn about God from this verse? Read the passage silently first, then state what you know about God aloud.
- Then read Psalm 139:1-6 and Psalm 139:7-12. What do we learn about God from these verses? Describe the main thing you learned from each of these sections:
- After that, read 1 John 4:7:10. Based on these verses, what does God think of us?
- How did God show his love for us?
- Then read John 3:16-18 and John 3:36. What is the result of the rejection of God’s love?
- From John 3:16-18 and John 3:36, How do we receive and reject God’s love?
Personal Bible Study Lesson 2
*What is Sin?
- Review: What did we learn from Lesson 1 about what God is like?
- First, read Genesis 1:27. What is man’s primary relationship with God?
- Then read Genesis 1:26-31. What did God think of a man in the beginning?
- After that, read Genesis 6:5-7. From these verses, what did God think of the man?
- From Genesis 6:5-7, Why did God want to blot out man?
- Then read Genesis 2:15:-17 and Genesis 3:1-7. What happened to change man, and therefore it changed God’s thoughts about him?
- From Genesis 2:15-17 and Genesis 3:1-7, Was it just the act of eating the fruit that God did not like, or was there something more fundamental than that?
- Who was involved in this episode?
- What did the serpent say about God’s command and warning?
- Which of the two. God or the serpent did Adam and Eve believe?
- Why did Adam and Eve disobey God?
Personal Bible Study Video
Find Hope And Encouragement From Our Links!
- If you just started believing in God, we have a page specifically for you.
- If you are dealing with anger, stress, or depression, we have information to help you.
- We have phone helplines, website links, and YouTube videos.
- You can learn more about us, our goals, and our purpose.
- If you have a drug/alcohol problem, or if you want to get right with God, you are at the right place!
- If you need to talk to someone right away, you can call 800-633-3446 or click here.
For Encouragement, Call 1-800-633-3446 or Chat