Please contact us if you have questions or if you need some encouragement.
Oh, the names of Jesus are truly remarkable! They are many, yet they all come together to form one. I love using the word Lord when addressing my Savior because it feels so personal and intimate. But let’s talk about those names – they describe Jesus in ways that only He can fulfill! The Rock reminds us that we can always lean on Him for strength and stability. The Way shows us that there is a path to follow if we choose to walk with Him. The Truth speaks volumes about His character as someone who will never deceive or mislead us.
And how amazing is it that Jesus is referred to as the Bread of Life? It’s a powerful reminder of how our souls hunger for spiritual nourishment that can only be found in Him! And then there’s Prince of Peace – just thinking about His calming presence brings me comfort and hope in any situation. Truly, the names of Jesus say everything we need to know about who He is and what He offers us as our loving Savior. Let’s praise His Holy Name today and always! ~ Bill Greguska
Who Is Jesus Christ?
50 Names Of Jesus And His Titles:
- Almighty One – “…who is and who was and who is to come, the Almighty.” Revelations 1:8
- Alpha and Omega – “I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.” Revelations 22:13
- Advocate – “My dear children, I write this to you so that you will not sin. But if anybody does sin, we have an advocate with the Father–Jesus Christ, the Righteous One.” 1 John 2:1
- Author and Perfecter of Our Faith – “Fixing our eyes on Jesus, the author, and perfecter of faith, who for the joy set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.” Hebrews 12:2
- Authority – “Jesus said, ‘All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me.” Matthew 28:18
- Bread of Life – “Then Jesus declared, ‘I am the bread of life. Whoever comes to me will never go hungry, and whoever believes in me will never be thirsty.’” John 6:35
- Beloved Son of God – “And behold, a voice from heaven said, “This is my beloved Son, with whom I am well pleased.” Matthew. 3:17
- Bridegroom – “And Jesus said to them, “Can the wedding guests mourn as long as the bridegroom is with them? The days will come when the bridegroom is taken away from them, and then they will fast.” Matthew. 9:15
- Chief Cornerstone – “The stone which the builders rejected has become the chief cornerstone.” Psalms. 118:22
- Deliverer – “And to wait for his Son from heaven, whom he raised from the dead, Jesus who delivers us from the wrath to come.” 1 Thessalonians 1:10
- Names of Jesus ~ Faithful and True – “I saw heaven standing open, and there before me was a white horse, whose rider is called Faithful and True. With justice, he judges and wages war.” Revelations 19:11
- Good Shepherd – “I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd lays down his life for the sheep.” John 10:11
- Great High Priest – “Therefore, since we have a great high priest who has passed through the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our confession.” Hebrews 4:14
- Head of the Church – “And he put all things under his feet and gave him as head over all things to the church.” Ephesians 1:22
- Holy Servant – “…and grant that Your bond-servants may speak Your word with all confidence, while You extend Your hand to heal, and signs and wonders take place through the name of Your holy servant Jesus.” Acts 4:29-30
- I Am – “Jesus said to them, “Truly, truly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I am.” John 8:58
- Immanuel – “…She will give birth to a son and will call him Immanuel, which means ‘God with us.’” Is. 7:14
- Indescribable Gift – “Thanks be to God for His indescribable gift.” 2 Cor. 9:15
- Judge – “…he is the one whom God appointed as judge of the living and the dead.” Acts 10:42
- King of Kings – “These will wage war against the Lamb, and the Lamb will overcome them because He is Lord of lords and King of kings, and those who are with Him are the called and chosen and faithful.” Revelations 17:14
- Names of Jesus ~ Lamb of God – “The next day, John saw Jesus coming toward him and said, “Look, the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world!” John 1:29
- Light of the World – “I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness but will have the light of life.” John 8:12
- Lion of the Tribe of Judah – “Weep no more; behold, the Lion of the tribe of Judah, the Root of David, has conquered, so that he can open the scroll and its seven seals.” Rev. 5:5
- Lord of All – “For this reason also, God highly exalted Him, and bestowed on Him the name which is above every name, so that at the name of Jesus every knee will bow, of those who are in heaven and on earth and under the earth, and that every tongue will confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.” Phil. 2:9-11
- Mediator – “For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus.” 1 Tim. 2:5
- Messiah – “We have found the Messiah” (that is, the Christ).” John 1:41
- Mighty One – “Then you will know that I, the Lord, am your Savior, your Redeemer, the Mighty One of Jacob.” Is. 60:16
- One Who Sets Free – “So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed.” John 8:36
- Our Hope – “…Christ, Jesus, our hope.” 1 Timothy 1:1
- Peace – “For he himself is our peace, who has made the two groups one and has destroyed the barrier, the dividing wall of hostility,” Ephesians 2:14
- Prophet – “And Jesus said to them, “A prophet is not without honor, except in his hometown and among his relatives and in his own household.” Mark 6:4
- Names of Jesus ~ Redeemer – “And as for me, I know that my Redeemer lives, and at last, He will take His stand on the earth.” Job 19:25
- Risen Lord – “…that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day according to the Scriptures.” 1 Corinthians 15:3-4
- Rock – “For they drank from the spiritual Rock that followed them, and the Rock was Christ.” 1 Corinthians 10:4
- Sacrifice for Our Sins – “This is love: not that we loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as an atoning sacrifice for our sins.” 1 John 4:10
- Savior – “For unto you is born this day in the city of David, a Savior, who is Christ the Lord.” Luke 2:11
- Son of Man – “For the Son of Man came to seek and to save the lost.” Luke 19:10
- Son of the Most High – “He will be great and will be called the Son of the Most High. The Lord God will give him the throne of his father, David.” Luke 1:32
- Supreme Creator Over All – “By Him, all things were created, both in the heavens and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities– all things have been created through Him and for Him. He is before all things, and in Him, all things hold together.…” 1 Corinthians 1:16-17
- Resurrection and the Life – “Jesus said to her, “I am the resurrection and the life. The one who believes in me will live, even though they die.” John 11:25
- The Door – “I am the door. If anyone enters by me, he will be saved and will go in and out and find pasture.” John 10:9
- Names of Jesus ~ The Way – “Jesus answered, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.” John 14:6
- The Word – “In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.” John 1:1
- True Vine – “I am the true vine, and My Father is the vinedresser.” John 15:1
- Truth – “And you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.” John 8:32
- Victorious One – “To the one who is victorious, I will give the right to sit with me on my throne, just as I was victorious and sat down with my Father on his throne.” Revelations 3:21
- (47-50) Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace – “For to us a child is born, to us, a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders. And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.” Isaiah 9:6
Who Is Jesus, And Why Should I Care?
C. S. Lewis Was A Very Brilliant Men Of The 20th Century.
Some Specific Scriptures To Encourage You:
Isaiah 9:6 ESV
For to us, a child is born, to us, a son is given; and the government shall be upon his shoulder, and his name shall be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.
Matthew 1:23 ESV
“Behold, the virgin shall conceive and bear a son, and they shall call his name Immanuel” (which means God with us).
Revelation 22:13 ESV
I am the Alpha and the Omega, the first and the last, the beginning and the end.”
John 8:58 ESV
Jesus said to them, “Truly, truly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I am.”
John 8:12 ESV
Again Jesus spoke to them, saying, “I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will not walk in darkness but will have the light of life.”
John 1:1 ESV
In the beginning, was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
Revelation 19:16 ESV
On his robe and on his thigh, he has a name written, King of kings and Lord of lords.
Revelation 1:8 ESV
“I am the Alpha and the Omega,” says the Lord God, “who is and who was and who is to come, the Almighty.”
John 10:11 ESV
I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd lays down his life for the sheep.
John 1:29 ESV
The next day he saw Jesus coming toward him and said, “Behold, the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world!
John 14:6 ESV
Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.
John 11:25 ESV
Jesus said to her, “I am the resurrection and the life. Whoever believes in me, though he die, yet shall he live.
Find Hope And Encouragement From Our Links!
- If you just started believing in God, we have a page specifically for you.
- If you are dealing with anger, stress, or depression, we have information to help you.
- We have phone helplines, website links, and YouTube videos.
- You can learn more about us, our goals, and our purpose.
- If you have a drug/alcohol problem or want to get right with God, you are at the right place!
- If you need to talk to someone right away, you can call 800-633-3446 or click here.
- Finally, if you have any questions or want to get on our email list, just let us know.