Who Is The Holy Spirit?
Please contact us if you have any questions or comments, or would just like some encouragement?
I have known of God since I was a child, I did not understand the Holy Spirit was given to us when Jesus died and rose from the dead and leaving the Holy Spirit to lead us throughout our lives, providing wisdom, comfort, and direction. ~ Bill Greguska
John 14:26 But the Advocate, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you.
Billy Graham Teaches About The Holy Spirit In This Video!
Learn About Specific Scriptures Of Encouragement!
What does the Open Bible say about the Holy Spirit?
What does Biblegateway say about the Holy Spirit?
The Holy Spirit is a Person!
Being a person, the Holy Spirit has feelings. He can become sad or angry, and others can insult Him and blaspheme against Him (Isaiah 63:10; Matthew 12:31; Acts 7:51; Ephesians 4:30; Hebrews 10:29).
He has intentions, shows willfulness and discretion, loves, communicates, testifies, teaches, and prays (Nehemiah 9:20; James 15:26; Acts 13:2; Romans 8:26,27; Romans 15:30; 1 Corinthians 12:11). These are qualities that distinguish Him as a person.
The Holy Spirit works in the lives of believers. Jesus put a lot of emphasis on the Holy Spirit. He was the subject of intense prayer: “And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Counselor to be with you forever. He is the Spirit of truth. The world is unable to receive Him because it doesn’t see him or know him. But you do know him because he remains with you and will be in you” (John 14:16-17).
The Holy Spirit Lives In Us Who Believe!
- John the Baptist was full of the Spirit in his mother’s womb (Luke 1:15)
- Elizabeth, when Mary greeted her (Luke 1:41)
- Zechariah, father of John the Baptist, when he prophesied (Luke 1:67).
- Jesus, filled with the Holy Spirit, was led by the same Spirit into the desert (Luke 4:1).
- The disciples were filled with the Spirit in the upper room, and Peter, filled with the Holy Spirit, stood up to preach on the day of Pentecost (Acts 2:14).
- The young Stephen, full of the Spirit, saw the glory of God when he was stoned (Acts 7:55-56)
- Paul, inspired by the Spirit, rebuked a sorcerer (Acts 13:9-11).
Do You Want To Be Friends With Holy Spirit?
The Holy Spirit helps those of us who believe in God, and the Holy Spirit is not only our comforter but also our friend and the one who gives us direction when we are lost or confused.
When I was living my life to please myself, I can recall that many years ago, I was not friends with God because of the lifestyle I was living.
I knew it was against what God’s will that made it hard for me to be friends with God because of me. Watch this video about friendship with God.
It was not until I realized that my will was getting me nowhere fast and that when I chose to have God direct my life, it was not until then that I could say that I was finally friends with God!
Sometimes it takes a particular situation or devastating event to open our eyes, and my case was an addiction to drugs and alcohol, which caused a lot of problems in my life.
What is the situation that is causing you problems? Maybe it is time to allow that situation to make friends with God and ask Him to guide you as He did for me.~ Bill Greguska
Here Are Some Helpful Links:
- Is the Holy Spirit a person?
- Do you have any questions about what is a Christian Life?
- What does it mean to love God?
- When you walk with God, what does that mean?
- How can I experience having peace with God?
- What is true friendship, according to the Bible?
God Doesn’t Want Something From Us; He Simply Wants Us. ~ C.S. Lewis
Mark Mallwitz from BASICS in Milwaukee, comments from fellow believers.
How has Jesus especially loved and you, and you have become friends with God because of that?
- He saved me from a destructive lifestyle.
- Gives me ideas that are greater than I could have ever had on my own.
- Accepted me into His Family!
- By opening my eyes to how to see others as He sees them.
- Jesus forgave all my sins, and I feel like 10,000 pounds of a burden is off my shoulders.
- Saved me from a sinful life that I could not get out of on my own.
- He healed me from cancer, gave me a fantastic family, career, life.
- While I was a sinner, Jesus Christ died for my sins and took my place on the cross.
- He forgave my sins, gave me the tools to overcome my sin, and the privilege to serve Him.
- Unconditionally loved me even in my muck and mess.
- Jesus shed His blood and died for me!
- Guides my life on the path He wants it to go.