Please contact us if you have questions or if you need some encouragement.
When Jesus gave up His life for our sins, He promised to leave behind a comforter, who is the Holy Spirit. This divine entity is one Person of the Trinity, an aspect of God that has been familiar to most of us since childhood. I vividly recall how the Holy Spirit was often referred to as the Holy Ghost during my early years when I used to attend the catholic church. As I grew older, my understanding matured and I learned that the Holy Spirit was given to us when Jesus died on the cross and rose from the dead. It was through this act that He bestowed upon us this incredible gift – a constant companion who would guide us throughout our lives, providing wisdom in times of confusion, comfort in moments of distress, and direction when we were lost.
The Holy Spirit stands by our side at all times, ready to offer peace and guidance whenever we call upon Him. His presence serves as a reminder that we are never alone in this journey called life; rather, we have a compassionate guide who knows our hearts intimately and desires only what is best for us. Let us find peace in knowing that no matter what trials or tribulations come our way, we can lean on the ever-present love and support offered by the remarkable being known as the Holy Spirit. ~ Bill Greguska
John 14:26 But the Advocate, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you.
Who Is The Holy Spirit?
Here Are Some Helpful Links:
- Is the Holy Spirit a person?
- Do you have any questions about what is a Christian Life is?
- What does it mean to love God?
- When you walk with God, what does that mean?
- How can I experience having peace with God?
- What is true friendship, according to the Bible?
Learn About Specific Scriptures Of Encouragement!
What does the Open Bible say about the Holy Spirit?
When The Holy Spirit Speaks!
The Holy Spirit is a Person!
Being a person, the Holy Spirit has feelings. He can become sad or angry, and others can insult Him and blaspheme against Him (Isaiah 63:10; Matthew 12:31; Acts 7:51; Ephesians 4:30; Hebrews 10:29).
He has intentions, shows willfulness and discretion, loves, communicates, testifies, teaches, and prays (Nehemiah 9:20; James 15:26; Acts 13:2; Romans 8:26,27; Romans 15:30; 1 Corinthians 12:11). These are qualities that distinguish Him as a person.
The Holy Spirit works in the lives of believers. Jesus put a lot of emphasis on the Holy Spirit. He was the subject of intense prayer: “And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Counselor to be with you forever. He is the Spirit of truth. The world is unable to receive Him because it doesn’t see him or know him. But you do know him because he remains with you and will be in you” (John 14:16-17).
What Does The Holy Spirit Actually Do?
The Holy Spirit Lives In Us Who Believe!
- John the Baptist was full of the Spirit in his mother’s womb (Luke 1:15)
- Elizabeth, when Mary greeted her (Luke 1:41)
- Zechariah, father of John the Baptist, when he prophesied (Luke 1:67).
- Jesus, filled with the Holy Spirit, was led by the same Spirit into the desert (Luke 4:1).
- The disciples were filled with the Spirit in the upper room, and Peter, filled with the Holy Spirit, stood up to preach on the day of Pentecost (Acts 2:14).
- The young Stephen, full of the Spirit, saw the glory of God when he was stoned (Acts 7:55-56)
- Paul, inspired by the Spirit, rebuked a sorcerer (Acts 13:9-11).
Do You Want To Be Friends With Holy Spirit?
The Holy Spirit helps those of us who believe in God, and the Holy Spirit is our comforter and our friend and the one who gives us direction when we are lost or confused.
When I was living my life to please myself, I can recall that I was not friends with God many years ago because of my lifestyle.
I knew it was against God’s will that made it hard for me to be friends with God because of me. Watch this video about friendship with God.
It was not until I realized that my will was getting me nowhere fast and that when I chose to have God direct my life, it was not until then that I could say that I was finally friends with God!
Sometimes it takes a situation or devastating event to open our eyes, and my case was an addiction to drugs and alcohol, which caused many problems in my life.
What is the situation that is causing you problems? Maybe it is time to allow that situation to make friends with God and ask Him to guide you as He did for me.~ Bill Greguska
How To Become Best Friends With God!
How has Jesus especially loved and you, and you have become friends with God because of that?
- He saved me from a destructive lifestyle.
- Gives me ideas that are greater than I could have ever had on my own.
- Accepted me into His Family!
- By opening my eyes to how to see others as He sees them.
- Jesus forgave all my sins, and I feel like 10,000 pounds of a burden is off my shoulders.
- Saved me from a sinful life that I could not get out of on my own.
- He healed me from cancer, gave me a fantastic family, career, life.
- While I was a sinner, Jesus Christ died for my sins and took my place on the cross.
- He forgave my sins, gave me the tools to overcome my sin, and the privilege to serve Him.
- Unconditionally loved me even in my muck and mess.
- Jesus shed His blood and died for me!
- Guides my life on the path He wants it to go.
God Doesn’t Want Something From Us; He Simply Wants Us. ~ C.S. Lewis
Who Is The Holy Spirit?
The Holy Spirit Is Our Helper!
The Holy Spirit works in the world through evangelism. Jesus affirmed in John 16:8: “When he comes, he will convict the world about sin, righteousness, and judgment.” The Lord used the legal term “convict” to highlight that, even if a man can point out an error, the Spirit brings conviction of sin. He shows the offense, reveals the foolishness of the sin, points out the consequences, convinces of guilt, and leads the sinner to repentance. He is the church’s greatest ally in its evangelizing effort. Without the help and the filling of the Spirit, the evangelistic task of the church will fail.
“To receive the power of God, one does not need a religious formula, but rather a relationship with a person.” The power of the Holy Spirit changes lives. Acts clearly state how to recognize someone full of the Spirit: “You will be My witnesses” (Acts 1:8).
Some Specific Scriptures To Encourage You:
John 14:26 ESV
But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, he will teach you all things and bring to your remembrance all that I have said to you.
Romans 8:26 ESV
Likewise the Spirit helps us in our weakness. For we do not know what to pray for as we ought, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groanings too deep for words.
Galatians 5:22-23 ESV
But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law.
Acts 2:38 ESV
And Peter said to them, “Repent and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins, and you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.
1 Corinthians 6:19 ESV
Or do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit within you, whom you have from God? You are not your own,
Isaiah 11:2 ESV
And the Spirit of the Lord shall rest upon him, the Spirit of wisdom and understanding, the Spirit of counsel and might, the Spirit of knowledge and the fear of the Lord.
Acts 1:8 ESV
But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you, and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the end of the earth.”
Luke 11:13 ESV
If you then, who are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will the heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to those who ask him!”
2 Corinthians 3:17 ESV
Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom.
Romans 15:13 ESV
May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, so that by the power of the Holy Spirit you may abound in hope.
Find Hope And Encouragement From Our Links!
- If you just started believing in God, we have a page specifically for you.
- If you are dealing with anger, stress, or depression, we have information to help you.
- We have phone helplines, website links, and YouTube videos.
- You can learn more about us and our goals, and our purpose.
- If you have a drug/alcohol problem, or want to get right with God, you are at the right place!
- If you need to talk to someone right away, you can call 800-633-3446 or click here.
- Finally, if you have any questions or want to get on our email list, just let us know.
For Encouragement Call 800-633-3446 or Chat