How Can You Encourage Yourself?
Please contact us if you have any comments, questions, or encouragement.
Have faith and encourage yourself daily by praying, reading your Bible, and fellowship with other believers! Putting God first, others second, and yourself last might sound counterintuitive, but your life will be more meaningful. We need to guard our hearts and minds, for that is where the devil attacks us; we need to put the full armor of God on.
When I attended Elmbrook Church for 23 years, I was so thankful that they taught me many important things, such as for me to guard my heart, my eye gate, and my ear gate, and to keep my eyes on God, be ready to hear Him, and be prompted to do His will, not your own will. Try to encourage others in any way you can, for when we encourage others; we will naturally be encouraged as a by-product of our encouraging others! ~ Bill Greguska
Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.
Encouragement for Teens
Encouragement For Men
Encouragement For Women
Encouragement For Singles
Topics For Encouragement
Visit All Our Pages
How To Pray?
Video On How To Pray More Effectively?
How To Find A Good Church?
Free Christian Counseling
Encourage Yourself In One Minute!
Encouragement To Discover Who God Meant You To Be?
You do have a Dream. It’s part of what it means to be human, created in the image of God. ~ Bruce Wilkinson
John 1:12 Yet to all who did receive him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God.
For Free Christian Counseling (Read More)
Did you realize that you are as close to God as you’ve chosen to be now?
10 Things Every Christian Should Do Daily!
- Love God And Love Others.
- Do The Will Of God.
- Pray And seek God.
- Read Your Bible.
- Be Thankful.
- Be Forgiving.
- Be Humble, Peace Maker, Kind, And Tell Others About Jesus.
- Reflect on Your Sinfulness, Not Other Peoples’ Sins.
- Be Ready to Help Where There’s a Need.
- Be Mindful That Your Behavior Is Your Most Powerful Witness to Others.
Encourage Yourself And Your Faith In God!
Encouragement Resource Links:
Encourage Yourself To Seek God’s Love!
People often feel dissatisfied because they don’t feel like others appreciate them. Other times they think that they are not good enough. That is very easy to understand because we all want to be valued. Our happiness should not depend on what others think about or say to us; instead, our goal should be pleasing God.
Do what God’s word teaches us in the Bible that we know is right and good for us. If your goal is to please yourself, you set yourself up for discouragement and rejection. The solution is to encourage yourself by living your life to please and honor God and others at the same time when possible, but don’t forget about yourself. You need to take care of your body, mind, and soul. ~ Bill Greguska
Here Are Some Helpful Links:
- How can I forgive those who sin against me?
- How does one examine one’s self (1 Corinthians 11:28)?
- What does it mean to love your neighbor as you love yourself?
- What does the Bible say about forgiving yourself?
- Why is being a good person not enough to get you into heaven?
Here Are Some More Ways You Can Encourage Yourself!
- Focus on funny things and keep looking for the bright side, even when discouraged or depressed. Laughter does so much to heal us that it is foolish not to keep that in mind. Could you try it and see what I mean?
- Do something you enjoy that gives you pleasure or happiness or gives other people happiness and joy. When we encourage others, it is so often then that we become encouraged. Reach out to others for help, and don’t forget to reach out to others to help them.
- Often, people find that doing things for others helps their problems seem a little smaller, or at the very least, gets their minds off their troubles.
- Exercise is so crucial! No matter what you do, whether it is just going for a walk or going to the gym, it is essential to keep your body moving and your heartbeat up. Simple stretches are a great thing to warm up your body.
- Do as much as your doctor allows you to do, and then do it at least 2-3 times a week and a minimum of 15-45 minutes each time, which will help your mood significantly.
Some Specific Scriptures To Encourage You:
Philippians 4:13 ESV
I can do all things through him who strengthens me.
Isaiah 41:10 ESV
Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.
2 Timothy 1:7 ESV
For God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control.
1 Peter 5:7 ESV
Casting all your anxieties on him because he cares for you.
1 Samuel 30:6 ESV
And David was greatly distressed, for the people spoke of stoning him because all the people were bitter in soul, each for his sons and daughters. But David strengthened himself in the Lord his God.
Psalm 55:22 ESV
Cast your burden on the Lord, and he will sustain you; he will never permit the righteous to be moved.
Romans 8:28 ESV
And we know that for those who love God, all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose.
Proverbs 3:5-6 ESV
Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways, acknowledge him, and he will direct your paths.
John 16:33 ESV
I have said these things to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world, you will have tribulation. But take heart; I have overcome the world.”
John 14:27 ESV
Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you. Not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your hearts be troubled, neither let them be afraid.
Jeremiah 29:11 ESV
For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope.
Isaiah 40:31 ESV
But they who wait for the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles; they shall run and not be weary; they shall walk and not faint.
Deuteronomy 31:6 ESV
Be strong and courageous. Do not fear or be in dread of them, for it is the Lord your God who goes with you. He will not leave you or forsake you.”
Joshua 1:9 ESV
Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be frightened, and do not be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.”
Philippians 4:6-7 ESV
Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
1 Chronicles 16:11 ESV
Seek the Lord and his strength; seek his presence continually!
Find Hope And Encouragement From Our Links!
- If you just started believing in God, we have a page specifically for you.
- If you are dealing with anger, stress, or depression, we have information to help you.
- We have phone helplines, website links, and YouTube videos.
- Learn more about us, our goals, and our purpose.
- If you have a drug/alcohol problem or want to get right with God, you are at the right place!
- If you need to talk to someone right away, you can call 800-633-3446 or click here.
- Finally, if you have any questions or want to get on our email list, just let us know.
For Encouragement, Call 1-800-633-3446 or Chat