Bible Memorization, Is Not Really That Hard!
Please contact us if you have any questions or comments or would just like some encouragement?
Bible memorization is a wise investment. Think of it as going to the hardware store picking out whatever tool you need to get a job done. In Bible memorization, the tools you pick up will help either you or someone else in their life. Bible memorization helps you when you need direction and helps others when they talk to you. ~ Bill Greguska
Deuteronomy 11:18 Fix these words of mine in your hearts and minds; tie them as symbols on your hands and bind them on your foreheads.
Practice Memorization With 100 Bible Flash Cards
Bible Memorization Is Your Sword And Shield!
Very Helpful Bible Memorization Principles!
- I strongly suggest that before you start memorizing Scripture, you first take time to pray. There are so many benefits of memorizing Scripture. Knowing what God has told you can help you overcome any obstacle when in a challenging situation. Scripture memorization is the key to growing in Christ and is a biblical command repeated over 17 times. So, how do you make sure those verses stick with you?
- Go to a quiet place, such as your bedroom, where others won’t interrupt you. Get comfortable. Try to avoid any potential distractions. Turn off your music. Ask God in prayer to help you with your memorizing.
- Ask God to help you understand what the Scriptures mean and to help you to be able to apply them to your life. Be prayerful and severe as you call on the Lord to help you guard His word in your heart.
- Memorize the Bible address. Say it aloud with the reference (for example, John 3:16) once at the beginning of the verse and once at the end. With the numbers, you’ll memorize the reference easier and faster.
- Repeat the verse out loud. Vary the speeds of your recitation. Focus on pronouncing each word, and be sure you are not just going through the motions but hiding God’s word in your heart and mind.
- Focus on all of the keywords. If you are memorizing John 3:16, “For God so loved the world that He gave His one and only Son and that whoever believes in Him will not perish but have eternal life,” the keywords would be “God,” “loved,” “world,” “Son,” “whoever,” “believes,” “perish,” “eternal,” and “life.” Now put them back together with the whole verse. Do not get frustrated if this does not come easy at first; it will get better with help from the Holy Spirit.
- Play a memory game. Using dry-erase markers, write the verse on a dry-erase board. Make sure you can read what you wrote. Read the verse a few times, then erase two words at a time. Keep saying the verse until all the words are deleted. If you could say the Scripture perfectly with no words on the board, pat yourself on the back.
- Repeat these steps every day. Recite verses in your head while you’re at the supermarket. Say them out loud as you do your daily activities. When you think you have it down, recite the verse(s) for your family and friends, this will help you and the children memorize Scripture and help you and the children learn Scripture but will be a blessing to others.
- Write the verses on index cards with colored markers. Post these around your room in places you go most (your bed, above your light switch, your bathroom mirror, etc.
- Study verses that promise you specific good, like in John 14:26, I John 2:20, I Corinthians 1:5, Proverbs 10:7, I Corinthians 2:16, Hebrews 8:10.
Different Topics Concerning The Bible!
When the Bible is open, it will speak to you and your needs. When it is close, it can not do so. Sin will keep you from the Bible, but also, the Bible will keep you from sin. Take your time to discover what you can most benefit from this list below. ~ Bill Greguska
Find Hope And Encouragement From Our Links!
- If you just started believing in God, we have a page specifically for you.
- If you are dealing with anger, stress, or depression, we have information to help you.
- We have phone helplines, website links, and YouTube videos.
- You can learn more about us, our goals, and our purpose.
- If you have a drug/alcohol problem, or if you want to get right with God, you are at the right place!
- If you need to talk to someone right away, you can call 800-633-3446 or click here.
- Finally, if you have any questions or want to get on our email list, just let us know.
For Encouragement, Call 1-800-633-3446 or Chat