Bible Memorization Is Not That Hard!
Please contact us if you have any questions or comments or would just like some encouragement?
Bible memorization is a wise investment. Think of it as going to the hardware store picking out whatever tool you need to get a job done. In Bible memorization, the tools you pick up will help either you or someone else in their life. ~ Bill Greguska
2 Timothy 3:16 All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness.
Bible Memorization Is Your Sword And Shield!
“I just dove into the Scriptures and started memorizing different scriptures, and started becoming as much as possible a part of the scripture. I wanted it to be grafted into my heart.” ~ Tim Scott
Deuteronomy 11:18 Fix these words of mine in your hearts and minds; tie them as symbols on your hands and bind them on your foreheads.
Very Helpful Bible Memorization Principles!
Bible Memorization Will Keep You On Track!
- I strongly suggest that before you start trying to memorize Scripture, that you first take time to pray. There are so many benefits of memorizing Scripture. When in a tough situation, knowing what God has told you can help you overcome any obstacle. Scripture memorization is the key to growing in Christ and is a biblical command repeated over 17 times. So, how do you make sure those verses stick with you?
- Go to a quiet place, such as your bedroom, where you won’t be interrupted by others. Get comfortable. Try to avoid any potential distractions. Turn off your music. Ask God in prayer to help you with your memorizing.
- Ask God to help you understand what the Scriptures mean and to help you to be able to apply them to your life. Be prayerful and serious as you call on the Lord to help you guard His word in your heart.
- Memorize the Bible address. Say it out loud with the reference (for example John 3:16) once at the beginning of the verse, once at the end. This way, the numbers you’ll memorize the reference easier and faster.
- Repeat the verse out loud. Vary the speeds of your recitation. Focus on pronouncing each word and be sure you are not just going through the motions, but hiding God’s word in your heart and mind.
More Bible Memorization Tips
- Focus on all of the keywords. If you are memorizing John 3:16, “For God so loved the world that He gave His one and only Son and that whoever believes in Him will not perish but have eternal life”, the keywords would be “God”, “loved”, “world”, “Son”, “whoever”, “believes”, “perish”, “eternal”, and “life”. Now put them back together with the whole verse. Do not get frustrated if this does not come easy at first; it will get better with help from the Holy Spirit.
- Play a memory game. Using dry-erase markers, write the verse on a dry-erase board. Make sure you can read what you wrote. Read the verse a few times, then erase two words at a time. Keep saying the verse until all the words are deleted. If you were able to say the verse perfectly with no words on the board, pat yourself on the back.
- Repeat these steps every day. Recite verses in your head while you’re at the supermarket. Say them out loud as you do your daily activities. When you think you have it down, recite the verse(s) for your family and friends, this will not only help you and children memorize scripture, but will be a blessing to others.
- Write the verses on index cards with colored markers. Post these around your room in places you go most (your bed, above your light switch, your bathroom mirror, etc.
- Study verses that promise you specific good, like in John 14:26, I John 2:20, I Corinthians 1:5, Proverbs 10:7, I Corinthians 2:16, Hebrews 8:10.
Christian’s Needs To Be Familiar With All The Bible
Here Are A Few Highlighted Scriptures:
Three Old Testament Passages
- Exodus 20:1-17 (The Ten Commandments)
- Psalm 1
- Psalm 23
Five New Testament Passages
- Matthew 5:1-12 (The Beatitudes)
- Matthew 6:5-15 (The Lord’s Prayer)
- Romans 3:21-26
- 1 Corinthians 13
- Ephesians 6:10-20 (The Armor of God)
What If My Problems Seem Out Of Control?
Find Hope And Encouragement From Our Links!
- If you just started believing in God, we have a page specifically for you.
- If you are dealing with anger, stress, or depression, we have information that can be of help to you.
- We have phone helplines, website links, youtube videos.
- You can learn more about us and our goals and our purpose.
- If you have a drug/alcohol problem, or if you want to get right with God you are at the right place!
- If you need to talk to someone right away, you can call 800-633-3446 or click here.
- Finally, if you have any questions, or would like to get on our email list, just let us know.
For Encouragement Call 1-800-633-3446 or Chat