Self Encouragement = How You Talk To Yourself!
Please contact us if you have questions or comments or want encouragement.
In life, we all need self-encouragement. That little encouragement when things are not going our way, and we seem to be faltering. God builds into us the ability to encourage ourselves when our encouragement level gets a little low Others can not always encourage us, but always keep in mind that the most important place we can go is to God with our concerns in prayer because He cares for us and loves us! Many times giving yourself a pep talk through self-encouragement based on God’s promises is precisely what we need.
It is essential to try to talk positively with others and have positive thoughts in your mind. But the problem comes in when we think we can do it all on our own without the help of God! Also, something to consider is that if you have any unconfessed sin in your life, confess it to God before you do anything else. 1 John 1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness. There are four different voices that we hear on a given day, the first voice is that of others speaking to us, the second voice we hear is our own thoughts, the third voice we hear unfortunately comes from Satan, the fourth voice, fortunately, comes from God which is the most important voice of them all. He is the one who can give you the self-encouragement that you need. ~ Bill Greguska
Encouragement For Teens
Encouragement For Women
Encouragement For Men
Encouragement For Singles
Visit All Our Pages
How To Pray?
Video On How To Pray More Effectively?
How To Find A Good Church?
Free Christian Counseling
Self Encouragement Starts With God!
Ways Self Encouragement Can Help You!
- Find satisfaction in who you are because of who God made you, whether because of a small accomplishment or just the little things you do or say in your daily life. You need to not only believe in God, but you also need to believe in yourself.
- If you do not know Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior, then make it your goal today to get to know Jesus. If you know Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior, keep on that path and grow closer to Him every moment of your life.
- Second, only to God, consider yourself your own best friend. Think about the things you would say to a good friend when they are down and needs encouragement. Say those things to yourself. Often friends can leave us for whatever reason, but you will always have yourself to be with the rest of your life.
- If you don’t like yourself, your life will be an uphill battle. Sometimes we need to be our own best friend.”
Find Self Encouragement By Discovering Your Purpose And Goals In Your Life.
- Get exercise each week.
- Eat healthy foods.
- Make sure you get enough sleep.
- Praying each day.
- Reading the Bible each day.
- Spending Time With Others Who Build You Up.
- Dealing with anger before it gets to that point.
- Deal with depression, knowing things will get better.
- By dealing with stress by H.A.L.T. = don’t get too Hungry, Angry, Lonely, or Tired.
Self Encouragement Comes From Putting Jesus First!
God Knows How You Feel. He Is Fully God And Fully Human!
Do You Know How You Feel?
Use This Feelings Circle To Understand Better!
Self Confidence Takes Some Trust And Effort!
I have learned in my life that when I am confident and comfortable, things go so much better for me.
When I find my confidence in knowing and following the Holy Spirit’s promptings in my life, that is when I am on top of my game.
I find comfort in understanding that God is in control and I am not.
If you want to discover some self-encouragement in your life, start by praying for it, then get into your Bible (if you are new to reading the Bible, I would suggest starting in 1 John 1-5).
You will need to seek after the wisdom found in the Bible. Also, h, having a church and Bible study to participate in with other believers to encourage you is very important. ~ Bill Greguska
Ephesians 4:22-24 You were taught, concerning your former way of life, to put off your old self, which is being corrupted by its deceitful desires; to be made new in the attitude of your minds; and to put on the new self, created to be like God in true righteousness and holiness.
Some Specific Scriptures To Encourage You:
2 Timothy 1:7 ESV
For God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control.
Romans 12:3 ESV
For by the grace given to me, I say to everyone among you not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think, but to think with sober judgment, each according to the measure of faith that God has assigned.
Philippians 4:13 ESV
I can do all things through him who strengthens me.
Philippians 2:3 ESV
Do nothing from selfish ambition or conceit but in humility count others more significant than yourselves.
John 3:30 ESV
He must increase, but I must decrease.”
Luke 6:31 ESV
And as you wish that others would do to you, do so to them.
Galatians 5:22-23 ESV
But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control; against such things, there is no law.
Proverbs 25:28 ESV
A man without self-control is like a city broken into and left without walls.
Galatians 2:20 ESV
I have been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me. And the life I now live in the flesh, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.
2 Corinthians 5:17 ESV
Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation. The old has passed away; behold, the new has come.
Mark 12:31 ESV
The second is this: ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.’ There is no other commandment greater than these.”
Matthew 16:24 ESV
Then Jesus told his disciples, “If anyone would come after me, let him deny himself and take up his cross and follow me.
Find Hope And Encouragement From Our Links!
- If you just started believing in God, we have a page specifically for you.
- If you are dealing with anger, stress, or depression, we have information to help you.
- We have phone helplines, website links, and YouTube videos.
- You can learn more about us, our goals, and our purpose.
- If you have a drug/alcohol problem or want to get right with God, you are at the right place!
- If you need to talk to someone right away, you can call 800-633-3446 or click here.
- Finally, if you have any questions or want to get on our email list, just let us know.
For Encouragement, Call 800-633-3446 or Chat