Who Am I? Is The Question To Answer!
Please contact us if you have any questions or comments or would just like some encouragement?
It does not matter what others think of you or even what you think of yourself. What matters is what God thinks about you! ~ Bill Greguska
John 1:12 Yet to all who did receive him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God.
Who Am I And What Is My Identity In Christ?
Learn About Specific Scriptures Of Encouragement!
What does the Open Bible say about identity?
What does Biblegateway say about yourself?
Who I Am In Christ
(Originally Compiled By Neil Anderson)
I AM ACCEPTED…
- I am God’s child. John 1:12
- As a disciple, I am a friend of Jesus Christ. John 15:15
- I have been justified (declared righteous). Romans 5:1
- I have been bought with a price, and I belong to God. 1 Corinthians 6:19-20
- I am a member of Christ’s body. 1 Corinthians 12:27
- I have been chosen by God and adopted as His child. Ephesians 1:3-8
- I have been redeemed and forgiven of all my sins. Colossians 1:13-14
- I am complete in Christ. Colossians 2:9-10
- I have direct access to the throne of grace through Jesus Christ. Hebrews 4:14-16
I AM SECURE…
- I am free from condemnation. Romans 8:1-2
- I am free from any condemnation brought against me, and I cannot be separated from the love of God. Romans 8:31-39
- I have been established, anointed, and sealed by God. 2 Corinthians 1:21-22
- I am hidden with Christ in God. Colossians 3:1-4
- I am confident that God will complete the good work He started in me. Philippians 1:6
- I am a citizen of heaven. Philippians 3:20
- I have not been given a spirit of fear but of power, love, and a sound mind. 2 Timothy 1:7
- I am born of God, and the evil one cannot touch me. 1 John 5:18
I AM SIGNIFICANT…
- I am a branch of Jesus Christ, the true vine, and a channel of His life. John 15:5
- I have been chosen and appointed to bear fruit. John 15:16
- I am God’s temple. 1 Corinthians 3:16
- I am a minister of reconciliation for God. 2 Corinthians 5:17-21
- I am seated with Jesus Christ in the heavenly realm. Ephesians 2:6
- I am God’s workmanship. Ephesians 2:10
- I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me. Philippians 4:13
Who Am I And What Is My Purpose?
Who Am I?
If you have accepted Jesus Christ as your personal Lord and Savior, that means you belong to Jesus!
He bought you with a price by his sacrificial death on the cross for your sins and mine.
Created in the image of God, and God has a plan for your life.
You know who you are to some degree, but take the time to think about the question, “Who am I?”
Here Are Some Helpful Links:
- How does God see me in Christ?
- New Christian, so now what is the next step?
- To be in Christ means?
- What does it mean that a Christian is a new creation?
- Who am I in Christ?
Ten Things Am I Because Of Jesus Christ!
1. A new creature in Christ.
Therefore if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creature; the old things passed away; behold, new things have come. 2 Corinthians 5:17
2. Child of God.
But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, even to those who believe in His name. John 1:12
3. Been justified and redeemed.
Romans 3:23-24 For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, and all are justified freely by his grace through the redemption that came by Christ Jesus.
4. Formerly darkness, but now I am light in the Lord.
You were formerly darkness, but now you are light in the Lord; walk as children of light.
5. God’s workmanship was created to produce good works.
For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand so that we would walk in them. Ephesians 2:10
6. Been chosen by God, and I am holy and beloved.
So, as those who have been chosen of God, holy and beloved, put on a heart of compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience. Colossians 3:12
7. My old self was crucified with Christ, and I am no longer a slave to sin.
Knowing this, our old self was crucified with Him so that our body of sin might be done away with, that we would no longer be slaves to sin. Romans 6:6
8. Redeemed and forgiven by the grace of Christ.
In Him, we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of our trespasses, according to the riches of His grace. Ephesians 1:7
9. Have boldness and confident access to God through faith in Christ.
In whom we have boldness and confident access through faith in Him. Ephesians 3:12
10. Been set free from the law of sin and death.
For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ, Jesus has set you free from the law of sin and of death. Romans 8:2
Who am I?
This is a challenging question because it makes us come face to face with a very difficult Truth. The Bible tells us that everyone alive has two things in common.
- We are all created in God’s image (Genesis 1:27). This means we all have intrinsic value and worth. But it also means that God has placed within each of us a soul. This soul has the capacity to live forever—even after our body dies.
- We are all born with sin in our lives (Romans 3:23). We all are born wanting to be our own gods, which means even from birth, we have rejected the holy, perfect God who created us. Sin makes a relationship with God impossible and condemns our soul to live forever away from God.
God had a plan in place from eternity to redeem and restore. That is who He is—He “devises ways so that a banished person does not remain banished from him” (2 Samuel 14:14). Because God’s love is infinite, He could not leave us banished; He longs to have a relationship with each of us. So God ransomed us—He paid the eternal penalty of our sin—through the person and work of Jesus Christ, His Son, God in the flesh. Jesus lived a perfectly godly life and then, though sinless, took the just punishment for all our sin—in our place.
Information from Connect.LTW.org/questions
If You Have Questions About Your Faith, Then Check-Out:
What If My Problems Seem Out Of Control?
Find Hope And Encouragement From Our Links!
- If you just started believing in God, we have a page specifically for you.
- If you are dealing with anger, stress, or depression, we have information that can help you.
- We have phone helplines, website links, youtube videos.
- You can learn more about us and our goals, and our purpose.
- If you have a drug/alcohol problem, or if you want to get right with God, you are at the right place!
- If you need to talk to someone right away, you can call 800-633-3446 or click here.
- Finally, if you have any questions or would like to get on our email list, just let us know.
For Encouragement Call 1-800-633-3446 or Chat