Romantic Relationships Take Time And Effort!
Please contact us if you have any questions or comments or would like some encouragement.
Husbands and wives need to be faithful to each other and not allow other things like children, work, etc., to steal their time away. The second thing is that romance needs to be purposely kept alive. No automatic pilot allow. Many romantic relationships are more emotional and spiritual than having a sexual desire for someone who has caught your eye. Romantic relationships are not based on sexual appetite but warm, romantic, heartfelt expressions of deep love and commitment for someone of the opposite sex. Ideally, that turns into a Christian marriage after a proper amount of dating time has passed to assure that the commitment is mutual and robust enough to weather all storms life brings. ~ Bill Greguska
Romantic Relationships For Married Couples Takes Time And Energy!
Specific Relationship Resource Links:
Romantic Relationships Take Honesty And Integrity!
What Is Your Motive In Any Relationships?
What is your motivation in any relationship? Sometimes romantic relationships happen prematurely during a dating relationship, similar to a marriage relationship except for the sexual component. I have been in a couple of romantic dating relationships in my life, and I also have been married. The best advice is to take things slowly because romantic relationships can be inspiring, knowing that the other person has similar feelings towards you. Treat the other person as a brother or sister because that is what they are. For example, kissing should be held off for a while until a mutual commitment to marriage is at least discussed. This might be very difficult because of our natural drive for sexuality, plus how the media and the pressure can make things more difficult. ~ Bill Greguska
Here Are Some Helpful Links:
- How young is too young to be in a romantic relationship?
- If a couple gets pregnant before marriage, do they have to get married?
- Questions about Relationships?
- Questions about the Song of Solomon?
- What should be the Christian view of romance?
Feelings People Have In Romantic Relationships
Falling in love (infatuation) is, in other words, the beginning of love. It has no foundation for it. Passion springs up in the heart of the one who has it. It assumes a lot! So it helps to date the right person from the start. Falling in love (infatuation) is overwhelmed with an impression. Be impressed but cautiously wait, realizing that anyone can look and sound good for a year! It’s after a year that cracks may be seen. A skilled person can hide their authentic self for up to six years!! That’s why we must have discerning love when we think you might be falling in love. Intelligent love is the mature love that has learned to wait and give the necessary time for God to reveal what is essential to know about their character and how they handled the wounds and disappointments of life, arguments, grudges, likes, dislikes, habits, etc. Puppy love feels nice for a while, but it does no one any favors! It sets you up for some big disappointment that cannot last. That’s why I called it “weeds which spring up today and tomorrow it’s gone” (today means a short time, like a month or so). I think that about sums things up. ~ Sister Sue Sauer
Find Hope And Encouragement From Our Links!
- If you just started believing in God, we have a page specifically for you.
- If you are dealing with anger, stress, or depression, we have information to help you.
- We have phone helplines, website links, and YouTube videos.
- You can learn more about us, our goals, and our purpose.
- If you have a drug/alcohol problem or want to get right with God, you are at the right place!
- If you need to talk to someone right away, you can call 800-633-3446 or click here.
- Finally, if you have any questions or want to get on our email list, just let us know.
For Encouragement, Call 1-800-633-3446 or Chat