You Can Quit Smoking Cigarettes!
I thank God that I could quit smoking cigarettes after smoking almost 12 years at 28 years old! For me to quit smoking was one of the three things I am so very thankful that I did in my life. The first thing was to become a Christian, and then another one was to quit drinking alcohol and using drugs. I encourage you to stop smoking like I did; I am so grateful that I could!
With God’s help, you can quit smoking cigarettes too!
I encourage you to quit smoking cigarettes too because it is a dirty, unhealthy, costly and foolish thing to smoke cigarettes. I am not saying it will be the easiest thing you ever tried to do in your life, but believe me, you will be thankful that you did just like I am! How much does it cost me to smoke cigarettes?~ Bill Greguska
Here are some helpful links:
- I am a Christian who is addicted to smoking. How can I quit?
- I would want to know how a Christian view addiction?
- Questions about Life Decisions?
- What does the Bible say about habits?
- What is the Christian view of smoking? Is smoking a sin?
Helpful Resources About Quitting Smoking Cigarettes
- How to handle withdrawal symptoms and triggers, when you decide to quit smoking.
- How much money are your additions costing you, use this calculator?
- Smoking relapse: What to do if you start smoking again?
How To Quit Smoking Cigarettes?
Quit Smoking Cigarettes Call 1-866-363-2447
If you want to quit smoking, you came to the right place to learn about how to quit and the dangers of smoking! Maybe you have been hopelessly addicted to smoking cigarettes for over ten years like I was. Perhaps you recently started smoking and want to quit. You ask yourself, “How can I learn how to stop smoking cigarettes?”
I smoked between 1 to 2 packs per day and sometimes even up to 3 packs sometimes. Whatever your situation, I am sure you would like to stop smoking too!
When I decided I wanted to quit, it seemed like it was too difficult. Being very determined, I tried to quit smoking for over two years, but finally, by God’s grace and the support of a few friends and determination on my part, I quit smoking on January 10, 1988.
Since you can quit anything… either an addiction or bad habit with God’s help for:
- 15 minutes
- 30 minutes
- 1 hour
- 3 hours
- 8 hours and longer…
Then with God’s help, there is hope for you to quit the ANY addiction, or bad habit that has put you in chains. Go for the goal of 24 hours, then 2 days, 4 days, 7 days, and so forth… Do it One Day At A Time! I am not saying it will be easy, but with God all things are possible!
You Can Quit Smoking
We all know that quitting smoking can be very hard, but millions of people have done it successfully including me and I am just like you. Actually more than half of Americans who have ever smoked have quit. You too could be one of them too!
Nicotine is just as addictive as heroin or cocaine. It’s the nicotine in cigarettes that causes the strong feeling that you want to smoke (craving).
Please take these steps to help you quit too:
- Make a list of the reasons you want to quit.
- Set a quit date and make a plan to deal with cravings.
- Ask your family, friends, and coworkers for support.
- Talk to your doctor about counseling and medicines that can help you quit.
- Call 1-800-QUIT-NOW (1-800-784-8669) or visit Smokefree.gov for free help.
Discover more about steps you can take as you get ready to quit smoking.
How Can I Quit Smoking Cigarettes Step By Step!
It takes a lot of dedication to quit smoking, and whether you give up for good on your first try or have to give it a couple of tries – just keep swinging at it and you will succeed. ~ Harmon Killebrew
Proverbs 4:23 Above all else, guard your heart, for everything you do flows from it.
How Much Money Will You Save When You Quit Smoking?
Your focus will be on how much money you will be saving, and this goes for all other product that you use and that you want to cut out of your life.
Save money by quit smoking! (this also applies to any other addiction)
Figure out how much money you will SAVE when you quit smoking cigarettes!
Here is all you need to do. (the cost below is just to use as an example. Put in what you pay)
Figure out for yourself
If you smoke one pack a day each day, and you pay at least $6.00 per pack, you spend $2,190.00 in one year (including sales tax). If you are a two pack a day smoker, and you pay at least $5.00 per pack, you spend $4,380.00 in one year (including sales tax). Price breakdown for money saved by quitting smoking cigarettes or any other consumable product!
# of packs/day_________
x price/pack ___________
x 30 days/month_______
Total per month _______
Related Pages Of Encouragement:
A Special Link for a Little Extra Encouragement
I Did Not Know How I Could Quit Smoking?
I was so very frustrated that I decided to pray seriously about my strong addiction that I had to cigarettes. When I asked God to remove this very unhealthy habit, yet it did not go away right way. Although I kept on relentlessly trying everything to quit. I limited my cigarettes and even used a charcoal filter tip to cut the nicotine.
The strange thing was that I was aware of the dangers of smoking, but that did not stop me. It was finally when a good friend of mine, David Pabley, encouraged me to quit smoking that I found success over this terrible addiction. When I see others smoking cigarettes, I do not judge them, yet I feel sorrowful that they have not yet learned how to quit smoking.
Tips On How To Quit Smoking Cigarettes!
- In the days leading up to your target stop smoking day, begin cutting back on the number of cigarettes you smoke each day. Try to burn only half of a cigarette when you do smoke before you quit.
- Discuss with your doctor your decision to quit date, and ask if nicotine replacement therapy or other medications might help you stop.
- As you are making a plan how to stop smoking, pick a date on the calendar for when you want to rid yourself off smoking. (if the method does not work the first time, keep trying till you actually learn how to stop smoking. It took me a more than just one try)
- Get other friends or family members to help keep you accountable and offer support.
- Add up how much money you’re spending now to see how much you’ll be saving.
More tips on how to quit smoking cigarettes
- Chew plenty of gum and keep your hands busy while you are working on stopping smoking.
- Try to exercise more regularly and eat healthier foods. Stay close to God by praying. Thank Him for helping you to quit even before you stop smoking cigarettes.
- Get rid of all of your smoking paraphernalia. Throw away all your cigarettes, matches, lighters, and ashtrays. Plan to stay busy all day. Go for a walk or exercise. Go someplace where smoking isn’t allowed in the library or the movies. Eat foods you usually do not eat and take routes you don’t normally take. The idea is to avoid any association with your usual patterns of behavior.
- Start using a nicotine replacement, if you’ve decided that would help you.
- Also, make sure you eat healthily and drink lots of water and juice, this will give you something to do and help flush the nicotine out of your body.
More tips on how to quit smoking cigarettes
- Avoid the situations that trigger the want for your smoking habit, and this is critical while you are learning how to quit smoking.
- Calculate all the money you’re saving on cigarettes. Consider how much better everything tastes and smells, and think about how all your secondhand smoke is no longer affecting your family and friends. Learning how to quit smoking will not only give you better health but will add money to your pockets!
- Avoid alcohol. Drinking makes it more likely you’ll slide back into smoking.
- Eat right and exercise. A healthy diet and an exercise regimen can keep your mind off cravings and draw attention to how much better you feel now that you’ve quit smoking cigarettes.
- Give yourself a reward. Buy something special with the money you’ve saved on cigarettes.
- Having sugar-free gum or hard candy in your mouth and something in your hand will help with the void of the cigarette you were addicted to for such a long time. Have on hand cigarette substitutes like carrot sticks toothpicks.
- Remember that you can do all things with God’s help!
For More Encouragement Call 1-800-633-3446 or Chat
Please contact us if you have any questions or comments or would just like some encouragement?
Scientists have demonstrated that dramatic, positive changes can occur in our lives as a direct result of facing an extreme challenge – whether it’s coping with a serious illness, daring to quit smoking, or dealing with depression. Researchers call this ‘post-traumatic growth.’ Jane McGonigal
1 Corinthians 6:19-20 Do you not know that your bodies are temples of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; you were bought at a price. Therefore, honor God with your bodies.