Tired Of Complaining?
When you and I are complaining about something, if we complain in a way to just complain, then we will never find the solutions that we really want. Here are some encouraging scriptures about complaining.
Positive Or Negative Complaining?
Not All Complaining Is Bad Or Unhealthy…
Sometimes a problem has to be talked about before it can be resolved. Each one of us is guilty of complaining not getting our wants or needs met, or feeling like you are being treated unfairly. It is time to evaluate if you are complaining too much? If so, then it is time to make a change and start trying to be more thankful.
Most likely you are aware that there basically two types of complaining? One type of complaining is healthy, and the other is very unhealthy.
When we complain in a healthy way, we state what is going on to the other person or persons, with the expectation that they might have a solution to the problem.
Unhealthy complaining happens when it becomes more of a habit or lifestyle or built into your personality. It is when people avoid you because they know you are a complainer.
Here Are Some Helpful Links:
- How can I overcome having a critical spirit?
- How should a Christian respond to all the negativity out there?
- To guard your heart, what does that mean?
- What does the Bible say about bitterness?
- What does the Bible say about complaining?
Stop Complaining / Instead Change Your Heart!
Be grateful for what you have and stop complaining – it bores everybody else, does you no good, and doesn’t solve any problems. Zig Ziglar
Philippians 2:14 Do everything without grumbling or arguing.
Is Complaining Something You Need To Stop Doing?
Why Is It Hard To Stop Complaining?
You are not alone if you have a problem with complaining or grumbling. Many people in our society do, and they have made it almost a reasonable thing to complain.
An individual who is usually dissatisfied with the circumstances that God has allowed into their lives will be the one who becomes a complainer. The solution starts with understanding that complaining is anti-productive and that no one likes to hear it anyway.
Maybe you tend to be a negative person, and it has become a habit over the years; some people are naturally negative, there are also some individuals who are usually cheerful.
Even so, it doesn’t excuse your behavior, nor should it keep you from wanting to change. Your life will be much happier and so will the people around you be happier too.
Related Pages Of Encouragement:
Special Link For a Little Extra Encouragement
Learn How To Stop Complaining!
Start Focusing On The Solutions, Instead Of The Problems
The first and most obvious thing to do is to, “Set a guard over my mouth, O Lord; keep watch over the door of my lips” Psalm 141:3. Also, ask God to help you work on your attitude to start focusing on what it says in Philippians 4:8 Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things.
I’ve never met a genuinely satisfied person who was also a complainer! Plus, make it your personal goal to encourage others by the words you use. The Bible says in Ephesians 4:29 “Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen”.
Just because things are not going the way, you would like them to go, and that does not mean that God is not in control, or that He does not know what He is doing. Let God be God and pray that if you have a complaining attitude, that He will take it from you and fill you with peace, joy and a new heart to share encouragement with others!
Complaining…Why Do It?
Make A Plan On How To Stop Complaining:
- Learn to be content with your life. No one is perfectly happy with their life. All humans know by instinct almost that life is not as it should be.
- Keep a gratitude journal. If you have a tendency to forget all the blessings in your life, try writing them down every day. Write out ten things every day that you are thankful for.
- Be thankful. “Give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.” 1 Thessalonians 5.
- Lower your expectations. You might have too high of expectations about how things should go in your life.
- Learn to rejoice in all things: “A joyful heart is a good medicine, but a crushed spirit dries up the bones.” Proverbs 17:22. Apostle Paul wrote, “Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice!” Philippians 4:4.Get plenty of sleep. The world always looks a little grayer when you are tired. If you are feeling down, try taking a nice long nap. Most people feel much better after a good sleep.
- If you can change whatever it is that is bothering you, then change it. If not, then learn the Serenity Prayer: “God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.” Amen.
- Ask for help. Ask people you know to remind you to stay positive. If you are a complainer, you will need help from others to break that bad habit.
Is Complaining Hurting Or Helping Yourself And Others?
When you complain about things in your life, you might think that it is good to get it off your chest? Yes, on the one hand, it is good that you do not allow negative thoughts or feelings to eat away at our peace of mind.
But on the other hand, if when you complain and are not even seeking a solution to your problem, then you are just adding on to it and making others miserable by making them listen to your gripes and venomous words.
Has Complaining Helped Or Hurt Your Relationships?
What If My Problems Seem Out Of Control?
We Trust You Find Hope And Encouragement From Our Links!
- If you just started believing in God, we have a page specifically for you.
- If you are dealing with anger, stress, or depression, we have information that can be of help to you.
- We have phone helplines, website links, youtube videos.
- You can learn more about us and our goals and our purpose.
- If you have a drug/alcohol problem, or if you just want to get right with God you are at the right place!
- If you need to talk to someone right away, you can call 800-633-3446 or click here.
- Finally, if you have any questions, or would like to get on our email list, just let us know.
For Encouragement Call 1-800-633-3446 or Chat
Please contact us if you have any questions or comments or would just like some encouragement?
You don’t make progress by standing on the sidelines, whimpering and complaining. You make progress by implementing ideas. Shirley Chisholm
Philippians 2:14-15 Do everything without grumbling or arguing, so that you may become blameless and pure, “children of God without fault in a warped and crooked generation.” Then you will shine among them like stars in the sky.