The Question is, “How Can I Be Forgiven?”
The first thing you need to do is to forgive others! It is fascinating what it says in Matthew 6:14-15 “For if you forgive other people when they sin against you, our heavenly Father will also forgive you. But if you do not forgive others their sins, your Father will not forgive our sins”.
Being forgiven by God is the ultimate gift that God has given us by offering His life for us in John 3:16. We need to confess our sin to God and ask to be forgiven. Be sure to keep a short account of our offense by asking to be forgiven and turn from our wrong doing. There are other types of forgiveness, such as between two people. When you realize or even suspect that you have done wrong to anyone, you need to take care of business and ask to be forgiven. You may use the words, “I was wrong, (with what I said or did) I am sorry, please forgive me. How can I make things right between us?”
When someone refuses to forgive someone else, it is like they are drinking poison thinking that it will kill the other person, let go of resentments and forgive others so that you may also be forgiven. You want to be forgiven, don’t you? It is important to learn how to be forgiven by God and others. ~ Bill Greguska
How Does it Feel to Be Forgiven?
And you know, when you’ve experienced grace and you feel like you’ve been forgiven, you’re a lot more forgiving of other people. You’re a lot more gracious to others. ~ Rick Warren
1 John 1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.
Are You Forgiven? Learn How You Can Be Forgiven:
- Admit you are a sinner in need of God’s grace.
- Believe that Jesus Christ died for you and all your past, present and future sins.
- Confess with your mouth that Jesus Christ is your Lord and Savior.
- Do as the Bible teaches to the best of your ability, and practice your faith in everyday life.
Christians are human and we do commit sin. We are not sinless, but since they have committed our lives to God, we are prone to sin less.
What Does it Mean When I Say I Am a Christian?
- I am not shouting that “I am clean living. I’m whispering ‘I was lost, but now I’m found and forgiven.”
- I don’t speak of this with pride. I’m confessing that I stumble and need Christ to be my guide.
- I’m not trying to be strong. I’m professing that I’m weak and need His strength to carry on.
- I’m not bragging of success. I’m admitting I have failed and needed God to clean my mess.
- I’m not claiming to be perfect. My flaws are far too visible, but God believes I am worth it.
- I still feel the sting of pain. I have my share of heartaches, so I call upon His name
- I’m not saying that I’m holier than thou. I’m just a simple sinner who has received God’s grace, and likes to share it with others!
Related Pages of Encouragement:
A Special Link for a Little Extra Encouragement
How Can I Be Forgiven?
Please contact us if you have any questions or comments or would just like some encouragement?
The Bible tells us that Jesus Christ came to do three things. He came to have my past forgiven, you get a purpose for living and a home in heaven. ~ Rick Warren.
Acts 10:43 All the prophets testify about him that everyone who believes in him receives forgiveness of sins through his name.