How To Make A Two Minute Testimony?
Please contact us if you have any questions or comments or would just like some encouragement?
When I share my two-minute testimony with a friend or even a stranger, I keep it short so I do not bore them with unnecessary details. 1. Tell them how your life was before Jesus? 2. How Jesus came into your life? How was your life changed because of Jesus? Focus mostly on the difference Jesus made in your life! ~ Bill Greguska
It takes only a two-minute testimony to help someone understand the importance of a relationship with Jesus Christ. Here are some encouraging scriptures about sharing your testimony.
Psalm 119:1-3 Blessed are those whose ways are blameless, who walk according to the law of the Lord. Blessed are those who keep his statutes and seek him with all their heart, they do no wrong but follow his ways.
Here Are Some Helpful Links:
- Does it mean something special that our lives should be a testimony for Jesus?
- How can a Christian overcome the fear of witnessing?
- Is friendship evangelism a good thing?
- Ways I can share my Christian testimony?
- What is a Christian Testimony?
Good Two Minute Testimony Is Short And To The Point!
Testimonies Can Boost Your Own Faith!
Testimonies Can Not Be Argued. It Is Your Story!
1. Use your friendship as a way of getting your foot in the door.
Make it known that you care about the person. Let your friendship be the inspiration of your witnessing to them.
2. Be for real
Let the person know that you are a believer in Jesus Christ. You do not want to appear deceptive or coercive. Be yourself. Remember that your story (testimony) can not be argued with because it happened to you.
3. Ask them some questions about how much they know about Jesus.
This way, you do not have to tell them something that they already know. This can be an excellent way to steer the conversation to a dialog rather than a speech.
4. Share your testimony in less than 5 minutes. (Ideally a two-minute testimony)
The reality of God in your life is a powerful witness. Hearing how you became a follower of Jesus or how God answers your prayers can increase their curiosity. Be sure to keep it under 5 minutes to keep their interest (preferably two minutes).
5. Make sure to use a few scriptures to back up what you say.
Don’t be afraid to answer questions with a verse from the Bible. Explain things in an everyday type of conversation, don’t use words that are hard to understand or speak in Christianese (talk only Christians only know and use)
6. Be prayerful and persistent
Don’t be put off if you receive a negative reaction at first. You should expect it. Keep looking for opportunities. Keep praying. Seek to introduce your friend to other believers, ask them if they need a Bible or also lend books or other evangelistic literature to them, invite them to do things with you that they would enjoy to strengthen your friendship and to be able to walk with them in their faith. (known as friendship evangelism). Treat the other person with respect as you would want to be treated.
7. Ask them to decide on what you have shared, no matter what, follow up within a week.
Don’t think that your friend will automatically understand they need to pray to receive Christ. If they are an eager listener, then you should ask if they are willing to receive what you have said for themselves. Be diligent in following up on any decision. Help them get grounded in a local Bible-believing church.
Before And After | My Testimony Kelsey McSorley
Testimonies Will Encourage Both You And Others!
Testimonies are an excellent way to build faith in God by hearing testimony or sharing yours with others! If you want to learn how to share your testimony, you will discover that it is not that difficult. Each of us has our testimony or story that we can share with others if we choose to do so.
We encourage you to share your story with others to assist them in their faith. Learn more about the good news! Sharing your testimonies with those you know, with those you do not know, basically anyone you come in contact with is a beautiful way to share the gospel (good news) of Jesus Christ. ~ Bill Greguska
More Encouraging Testimonies
- Pastor Billy Graham
- Pastor Francis Chan
- Pastor Jeff Schreve
- Pastor Mark Mallwitz
- Pastor Ron And Sue Sauer
- Pastor Ron West
- Ben Hersh
- Bill Greguska
- Brian Larson
- John Wegner
- Lora Kesselhon
- Mike Hayden
- Ray Jablonski
- Terri Mitchell
- Moms Legacy
What If My Problems Seem Out Of Control?
Find Hope And Encouragement From Our Links!
- If you just started believing in God, we have a page specifically for you.
- If you are dealing with anger, stress, or depression, we have information to help you.
- We have phone helplines, website links, youtube videos.
- You can learn more about us and our goals, and our purpose.
- If you have a drug/alcohol problem, or if you want to get right with God, you are at the right place!
- If you need to talk to someone right away, you can call 800-633-3446 or click here.
- Finally, if you have any questions or want to get on our email list, just let us know.