How To Have A Quiet Time With God?
Please contact us if you have any questions or comments or would just like some encouragement?
My quiet time with God is something that I truly value, and God had made it easy for me to want to be with Him each day. ~ Bill Greguska
How To Have A Good Devotional Time!
- After I find the exact scripture from the concordance that I want to study, I find it in the Bible and read the entire chapter whatever book located in the Bible.
- Then after reading the whole chapter, which only takes a few minutes, I write down the specific scripture into my notebook,
- Then after that, I write my thoughts and how it pertains to my life concerning the scripture I chose, in approximately one or two paragraphs.
- Then below that, I write usually 5-9 prayer requests for the day, praying for family, friends, and others and also myself.
- After that, I use my highlighter and highlight anything I want to stand out in my memory.
- Then I pray out loud those prayers I just wrote down.
- To end my quiet time, I go over the Bible memory verses that I have, and I found that having too many to memorize is not a good idea, a comfortable number of scriptures between 5-10 would be a good number I discovered.
What Are The Benefits Of Having A Quiet Time?
How Long Should All Of This Take Me?
Pick a consistent time and place to have a daily quiet time. By picking a constant time and place, you can more easily say “NO!” to other requests for your time or attention. You already have an appointment with God during that time. In your prayers, ask God to guard this time. Distractions and competing agendas will happen. You will need God’s help to protect your time together.
Alone With God In Your Quiet Time!
Where To Have Your Quiet Time With God?
Go to a place that is free from distractions, where you can be alone and have undivided time with the Lord. I have chosen to utilize the bathroom where I can close the door and not be disturbed, I keep my Bible and journal, pen and highlighter there all the time. We can learn from Jesus Christ who modeled such a practice. Mark 1:35 says, “Very early in the morning, while it was still dark, Jesus got up, left the house and went off to a solitary place, where he prayed.“Luke 5:16 says, “But Jesus often withdrew to lonely places and prayed.“Matthew 6:6 says, “But when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you.”
Find Hope And Encouragement From Our Links!
- If you just started believing in God, we have a page specifically for you.
- If you are dealing with anger, stress, or depression, we have information that can be of help to you.
- We have phone helplines, website links, youtube videos.
- You can learn more about us and our goals and our purpose.
- If you have a drug/alcohol problem, or if you want to get right with God you are at the right place!
- If you need to talk to someone right away, you can call 800-633-3446 or click here.
- Finally, if you have any questions, or would like to get on our email list, just let us know.
For Encouragement Call 1-800-633-3446 or Chat