How To Have A Quiet Time With God?
Please contact us if you have any questions or comments or would just like some encouragement?
My quiet time with God is something that I truly value, and God had made it easy for me to want to be with Him each day. ~ Bill Greguska
Are you spending quality quiet time with God? Here are some encouraging scriptures about having a quiet time.
Where And When To Have Your Quiet Time With God?
I encourage you to go to a place that is free from distractions, where you can be alone and have undivided time with the Lord. I have chosen to utilize the bathroom where close the door and not be disturbed, and I keep my Bible and journal, pen, and highlighter there all the time.
One of the best ways to pray is to be still and ask God what He wants me to do. Then I try to meditate on what is trying to speak to me about. I do not hear God speak in audible words, but He often talks to me very clearly. When I started my quiet time like this, getting close to God was so much easier to do.
We can learn from Jesus Christ, who modeled such a practice. Mark 1:35 says, “Very early in the morning, while it was still dark, Jesus got up, left the house, and went off to a solitary place, where he prayed.“Luke 5:16 says, “But Jesus often withdrew to lonely places and prayed.“Matthew 6:6 says, “But when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you.” ~ Bill Greguska
What Are The Benefits Of Having A Quiet Time?
- After I find the exact scripture from the concordance that I want to study, I find it in the Bible and read the entire chapter, whatever book in the Bible you decide.
- Then after reading the whole chapter, which only takes a few minutes, I write down the specific scripture into my notebook. I write my thoughts and how it pertains to my life concerning the scripture I chose in approximately one or two paragraphs.
- Then below that, I usually write 5-9 prayer requests for the day, praying for family, friends, others, and myself.
- After that, I use my highlighter and highlight anything I want to stand out in my memory.
- Then I pray out loud those prayers I just wrote down.
- To end my quiet time, I go over the Bible memory verses that I have, and I found that having too many to memorize is not a good idea. A comfortable number of scriptures between 5-10 would be a good number, I discovered.
How Long Should A Quiet Time Take Me?
Pick a consistent time and place to have a daily quiet time. By picking a constant time and place, you can more easily say “NO!” to other requests for your time or attention. You already have an appointment with God during that time. In your prayers, ask God to guard this time. Distractions and competing agendas will happen. You will need God’s help to protect your time together.
Find Hope And Encouragement From Our Links!
- If you just started believing in God, we have a page specifically for you.
- If you are dealing with anger, stress, or depression, we have information to help you.
- We have phone helplines, website links, youtube videos.
- You can learn more about us and our goals, and our purpose.
- If you have a drug/alcohol problem or if you want to get right with God, you are at the right place!
- If you need to talk to someone right away, you can call 800-633-3446 or click here.
- Finally, if you have any questions or want to get on our email list, just let us know.