How Well Do You Understand The Bible?
Please contact us if you have any questions, comments, or encouragement.
It was not until I started to understand the Bible more that I could see more clearly that God had a plan for my life, and it was far better than my goal was. I am grateful that God’s word has given me good direction. I believe that the Bible is the inspired word of God.
When I first became a Christian, I read things out of the Bible and had no fundamental understanding of what I was reading. I still may not know all of the Bible, but I know enough that I am a sinner saved by God’s grace and that God loves me and died on the cross for my salvation. I encourage you to take your time and not worry about how much you are reading but concentrate on what God’s word is trying to teach you at any given time. Also, if you have any questions, do not hesitate to ask them. ~ Bill Greguska
Proverbs 3:13-14 Blessed are those who find wisdom, those who gain understanding, for she is more profitable than silver and yields better returns than gold.
Learn More About The Bible!
Visit All Our Pages
How To Pray?
Video On How To Pray More Effectively?
How To Find A Good Church?
Free Christian Counseling
Understand The Bible In Three Minutes!
Understand God’s Will Through God’s Word.
Remember that God’s Word, through Biblical encouragement, has the answers you need and are looking for in life.
Do not trust your judgment unless you bring your concerns to God in prayer first. God’s word teaches us to love Him and to trust him with our whole heart, mind, and soul.
Does The Bible Seem Irrelevant?
- Do you want to get back at someone? Romans 12:19
- When you sometimes think you know it all? 1 Corinthians 1:27
- Are you troubled by your past? 1 Corinthians 6:9-11
- Are you tempted sexually? 1 Corinthians 6:18-20
- Are you lonely? Psalms 23:1-6
- Is your hope gone? Psalms 34:18
- Do you have trouble making ends meet? Psalms 37:25-26; Matthew 6:25-34
- Are you depressed or upset? Psalms 42:5
- Do you have to wait on God? Psalms 130:5
- Does God seem far away? Psalms 139:1-12
- Do you doubt your value as a person? Psalms 139:13-18
- Are you prideful? Proverbs 11:2
- Are you selfish with money? Proverbs 11:25; 2 Corinthians 9:7
- Do you feel guilty? Proverbs 28:13; James 5:16
- Has a friend betrayed you? Psalms 55:1-23
- Are you afraid? Psalms 56:11
- Do you need forgiveness? Psalms 51:1-19
- Are you tempted to do wrong? 1 Corinthians 10:13; James 1:13-15
- Are you afraid to die? 1 Corinthians 15:54-57; Hebrew 2:14-15
- Are you discouraged? 2 Corinthians 1:3-7
- Are you weak? 2 Corinthians 12:9
- Do you need help to stay on the right path? Psalm 119:9-11
- Are you setting out from home? Psalm 121:1-8
What Does God Want You To Know?
- Romans 12:1: Therefore, I urge you, brothers, in view of God’s mercy, to offer your bodies as living sacrifices, holy and pleasing to God—this is your spiritual act of worship.
- John 10:10: The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life and have it to the full.
- Acts 18:10: For I am with you, and no one is going to attack and harm you because I have many people in this city.”
- Acts 18:9: One night, the Lord spoke to Paul in a vision: “Do not be afraid; keep on speaking, do not be silent.
- Acts 18:11: So Paul stayed for a year and a half, teaching them the word of God.
- Galatians 2:20: I have been crucified with Christ, and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.
Are You Trusting In God’s Word?
What Is Helping You To Understand The Bible?
- 1 John 1:9: If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.
- Romans 3:23: for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God,
- John 14:6: Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.
- Matthews 28:20: and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.”
- Romans 5:8: But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.
- Philippians 4:8: Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things.
How To Understand The Bible Better?
What Is God Teaching You?
- Joshua 1:9: Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the LORD, your God, will be with you wherever you go.”
- Isaiah 40:31: but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.
- Ephesians 2:9: not by works, so that no one can boast.
- Romans 6:23: For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus, our Lord.
- Galatians 5:23: gentleness and self-control. Against such things, there is no law.
- Isaiah 53:5: But he was pierced for our transgressions, he was crushed for our iniquities; the punishment that brought us peace was upon him, and by his wounds, we are healed.
- 1 Peter 3:15: But in your hearts set apart Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect.
- 2 Timothy 3:16: All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting, and training in righteousness.
- Matthew 6:33: But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.
- Hebrews 12:2: Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before him endured the cross, scorning its shame and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.
- 1 Peter 5:7: Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.
- Ephesians 2:10: For we are God’s workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.
Do You Have Any Doubt That God Cares About You?
- 1 Corinthians 10:13: No temptation has seized you, except what is common to man. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can stand up under it.
- Matthew 11:28: “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.
- Hebrews 11:1: Now, faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.
- 2 Corinthians 5:17: Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!
- Hebrews 13:5: Keep your lives free from the love of money and be content with what you have because God has said, “Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you.”
- 2 Corinthians 12:9: But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses so that Christ’s power may rest on me.
God’s Word Tells Us The Truth!
- Romans 10:9: That if you confess with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.
- Isaiah 41:10: So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.
- Genesis 1:26: Then God said, “Let us make man in our image, in our likeness, and let them rule over the fish of the sea and the birds of the air, over the livestock, over all the earth, and over all the creatures that move along the ground.”
- Matthew 11:29: Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.
- John 16:33: “I have told you these things, so that in me, you may have peace. In this world, you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.”
- Acts 1:8: But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you, and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth.”
God Loves Each One Of Us!
- John 3:16: For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
- Jeremiah 29:11: For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.
- Romans 8:28: And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to His purpose.
- Philippians 4:13: I can do everything through him who gives me strength.
- Genesis 1:1: In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth.
- Proverbs 3:5: Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding.
Once you understand the Bible more, you naturally start keeping calmer because the Holy Spirit is working on your behalf.
Do You Want To Love God In Return?
- Proverbs 3:6: in all your ways, acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight.
- Romans 12:2: Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing, and perfect will.
- Philippians 4:6: Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.
- Matthew 28:19: Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit.
- Ephesians 2:8: For it is by grace, you have been saved, through faith—and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God.
- Galatians 5:22: But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness.
Find Hope And Encouragement From Our Links!
- If you just started believing in God, we have a page specifically for you.
- If you are dealing with anger, stress, or depression, we have information that can help you.
- We have phone helplines, website links, and YouTube videos.
- You can learn more about us and our goals and our purpose.
- If you have a drug/alcohol problem or want to get right with God, you are at the right place!
- If you need to talk to someone right away, you can call 800-633-3446 or click here.
- Finally, if you have any questions or want to get on our email list, just let us know.
For Encouragement, Call 1-800-633-3446 or Chat