What Do You Believe?
Please contact us if you have questions or comments or want encouragement.
I was raised in the Catholic church and was taught about God, Jesus, and the basics of my faith. It was not until I was 20 that I started questioning what I believed. I began to get some answers to my problems with alcohol and drugs. I struggled with my faith for about six years until I realized I needed to surrender my life to God and stop living for myself.
The Catholic church taught me some things about God. Still, it was not until I became a protestant and began attending Bible studies, reading God’s word on my own, growing as a Christian, and having a personal relationship with Jesus Christ that it was right before then that The Holy Spirit came upon me on June 25th, 1986. My faith life started to get serious and grow. I came to believe that God could do anything for those who believed. My belief did not include lighting bolts or parting of the sky, but in my heart, I knew that God was working inside of me finally! ~ Bill Greguska
Matthew 8:26 He replied, “You of little faith, why are you so afraid?” Then he got up and rebuked the winds and the waves, which wa completely calm.
Do You Believe That You Are A Good Person?
Want To Start A Brand New Life With Christ?
Pray And Believe
Define Your Faith
Visit All Our Pages
How To Pray?
Video On How To Pray More Effectively?
How To Find A Good Church?
Free Christian Counseling
What Do You Believe? Why Do You Believe That?
Do You Sometimes Question What You Believe?
First of all, what do you believe concerning God? How has God touched your life? Where does prayer fit into your life? What we think might be close to what the gospel says, although the longer you walk with the Lord, the more you will understand the truths about God. Each of us has our story, yet the story of Jesus Christ has stayed the same over these centuries.
Bottom line: The Bible is God’s only accurate, inspired, authoritative Word. It reveals the love God has for the world. It is not a set of rules to follow legalistically but rather an instrument the Holy Spirit uses to protect and guide us. What do you believe?
What Is Important To You?
When I was growing up, basketball was so incredibly important to me. I admire something that John Wooden said. It was impressive about the importance of faith.
John Wooden said, “Many things are essential to arriving at true peace of mind, and one of the most important is faith, which is why we need to pray.” What you believe directly influences how we live our life. ~ Bill Greguska
What Do You Believe? / How Did You Came To That Conclusion?
Here Are Some Helpful Links:
- Can a person believe in God somehow but not be saved?
- Questions about Christianity?
- What does it mean to believe in Jesus?
- What is Christianity, and what do Christians believe?
- Why should I believe the Bible?
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson
Romans 10:9 If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.
What Do You Believe?
- We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God revealing the love of God to the world.
1 Thessalonians 2:13; 2 Timothy 3:15-17; John 3:16.
- We believe that one God is eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. Matthew 28:19; John 10:30; Ephesians 4:4-6.
- We believe in the deity of the Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth. His sinless life, miracles, and vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood on the cross. His bodily resurrection, ascension to the Father’s right hand, and His return in power and glory. Matthew 1:23; John 1:1-4 and 1:29; Acts 1:11 and 2:22-24; Romans 8:34; 1 Corinthians 15:3-4; 2 Corinthians 5:21; Philippians 2:5-11; Hebrews 1:1-4 and 4:15.
- We believe that all men everywhere are lost and face the judgment of God, that Jesus Christ is the only way of salvation, and that for the salvation of lost and sinful man, repentance of sin and faith in Jesus Christ results in regeneration by the Holy Spirit.
- We believe that God will reward the righteous with eternal life in heaven and that He will banish the unrighteous to everlasting punishment in hell. Luke 24:46-47; John 14:6; Acts 4:12; Romans 3:23; 2 Corinthians 5:10-11; Ephesians 1:7 and 2:8-9; Titus 3:4-7.
- We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, whose indwelling enables Christians to live godly lives. John 3:5-8; Acts 1:8 and 4:31; Romans 8:9; 1 Corinthians 2:14; Galatians 5:16-18; Ephesians 6:12; Colossians 2:6-10.
- We believe in the resurrection of the saved and the lost; the saved unto the resurrection of eternal life and the lost unto the resurrection of damnation and eternal punishment. 1 Corinthians 15:51-57; Revelation 20:11-15.
- We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in the Lord Jesus Christ. All true believers are members of His body, the church, which is not necessarily a building but rather the people of God. 1 Corinthians 12:12, 27; Ephesians 1:22-23.
- We believe that the ministry of evangelism (sharing and proclaiming the message of salvation only possible by grace through faith in Jesus Christ) and discipleship (helping followers of Christ grow up into maturity in Christ) is the responsibility of all followers of Jesus Christ. Matthew 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15; 1 Peter 3:15.
- We believe God’s plan for human sexuality is to be expressed only within the context of marriage, that God created man and woman as unique individuals to complete each other. God instituted monogamous marriage between males and females as the family’s foundation and the basic structure of human society. For this reason, we believe marriage is exclusively the union of one genetic male and one genetic female. Genesis 2:24; Matthew 19:5-6; Mark 10:6-9; Romans 1:26-27; 1 Corinthians 6:9.
- We must dedicate ourselves to prayer, the service of our Lord, His authority over our lives, and the ministry of evangelism. Matthew 9:35-38, 22:37-39, and 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15 and 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10; Colossians 2:6-10; 1 Peter 3:15.
- We believe that human life is sacred from conception to its natural end; and that we must be concerned for our fellowmen’s physical and spiritual needs. Psalm 139:13; Isaiah 49:1; Jeremiah 1:5; Matthew 22:37-39; Romans 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10.
Adapted from Billy Graham Evangelistic Association Statement of Faith
Some Specific Scriptures to Encourage You:
Hebrews 11:6 ESV
And without faith, it is impossible to please him, for whoever would draw near to God must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who seek him.
Mark 11:24 ESV
Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours.
John 3:16 ESV
“For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.
Matthew 21:22 ESV
And whatever you ask in prayer, you will receive if you have faith.”
Romans 15:13 ESV
May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing so that by the power of the Holy Spirit, you may abound in hope.
Mark 5:36 ESV
But overhearing what they said, Jesus said to the ruler of the synagogue, “Do not fear, only believe.”
Acts 16:31 ESV
And they said, “Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved, you and your household.”
John 20:29 ESV
Jesus said to him, “Have you believed because you have seen me? Blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed.”
Mark 9:23 ESV
And Jesus said to him, “‘If you can’! All things are possible for one who believes.”
Romans 10:10 ESV
For with the heart, one believes and is justified, and with the mouth, one confesses and is saved.
John 6:35 ESV
Jesus said to them, “I am the bread of life; whoever comes to me shall not hunger, and whoever believes in me shall never thirst.
Mark 9:24 ESV
Immediately the father of the child cried out and said, “I believe; help my unbelief!”
We Pray You Find Hope And Encouragement From Our Links!
- If you just started believing in God, we have a page specifically for you.
- If you are dealing with anger, stress, or depression, we have information to help you.
- We have phone helplines, website links, and YouTube videos.
- You can learn more about us, our goals, and our purpose.
- If you have a drug/alcohol problem or want to get right with God, you are at the right place!
- If you need to talk to someone right away, you can call 800-633-3446 or click here.
- Finally, if you have any questions or want to get on our email list, just let us know.
For Encouragement, Call 1-800-633-3446 or Chat