WHAT DO YOU BELIEVE?
What Do You Believe in Regards to Your Faith?
First of all, what do you believe about God? How has God touched your life? What we believe might be close to what the gospel says, although the longer you walk with the Lord, the more you will understand the truths about God. Each one of us has our story, yet the story about Jesus Christ has stayed the same over all these centuries. Do you believe that you are a good person? Take this test!
When I was growing up, basketball was so incredibly important to me. I admire something that John Wooden said it was impressive about the importance of faith. John Wooden said, “Many things are essential to arriving at true peace of mind, and one of the most important is faith, which is why we need to pray.” What you believe directly influences how we live our lives. ~ Bill Greguska
What do You Believe Concerning This Social Experiment?
Romans 10:9 If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson
What We Believe!
- We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God revealing the love of God to the world.
1 Thessalonians 2:13; 2 Timothy 3:15-17; John 3:16.
- We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. Matthew 28:19; John 10:30; Ephesians 4:4-6.
- We believe in the deity of the Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth. His sinless life. His miracles. His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood on the cross. His bodily resurrection. His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory. Matthew 1:23; John 1:1-4 and 1:29; Acts 1:11 and 2:22-24; Romans 8:34; 1 Corinthians 15:3-4; 2 Corinthians 5:21; Philippians 2:5-11; Hebrews 1:1-4 and 4:15.
- We believe that all men everywhere are lost and face the judgment of God, that Jesus Christ is the only way of salvation, and that for the salvation of lost and sinful man, repentance of sin and faith in Jesus Christ results in regeneration by the Holy Spirit. Furthermore, we believe that God will reward the righteous with eternal life in heaven and that He will banish the unrighteous to everlasting punishment in hell. Luke 24:46-47; John 14:6; Acts 4:12; Romans 3:23; 2 Corinthians 5:10-11; Ephesians 1:7 and 2:8-9; Titus 3:4-7.
- We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, whose indwelling enables the Christian to live a godly life. John 3:5-8; Acts 1:8 and 4:31; Romans 8:9; 1 Corinthians 2:14; Galatians 5:16-18; Ephesians 6:12; Colossians 2:6-10.
- We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; the saved unto the resurrection of eternal life and the lost unto the resurrection of damnation and eternal punishment. 1 Corinthians 15:51-57; Revelation 20:11-15.
- We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in the Lord Jesus Christ and that all true believers are members of His body, the church which is not necessarily a building but rather the people of God. 1 Corinthians 12:12, 27; Ephesians 1:22-23.
- We believe that the ministry of evangelism (sharing and proclaiming the message of salvation only possible by grace through faith in Jesus Christ) and discipleship (helping followers of Christ grow up into maturity in Christ) is a responsibility of all followers of Jesus Christ. Matthew 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15; 1 Peter 3:15.
- We believe God’s plan for human sexuality is to be expressed only within the context of marriage, that God created man and woman as unique individual persons made to complete each other. God instituted monogamous marriage between male and female as the foundation of the family and the basic structure of human society. For this reason, we believe that marriage is exclusively the union of one genetic male and one genetic female. Genesis 2:24; Matthew 19:5-6; Mark 10:6-9; Romans 1:26-27; 1 Corinthians 6:9.
- We believe that we must dedicate ourselves to prayer, to the service of our Lord, to His authority over our lives, and to the ministry of evangelism. Matthew 9:35-38, 22:37-39, and 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15 and 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10; Colossians 2:6-10; 1 Peter 3:15.
- We believe that human life is sacred from conception to its natural end; and that we must have concern for the physical and spiritual needs of our fellowmen. Psalm 139:13; Isaiah 49:1; Jeremiah 1:5; Matthew 22:37-39; Romans 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10.
Adapted from Billy Graham Evangelistic Association Statement of Faith
What Do You Believe? Tim Keller Shares Great Insights!
Do You Have Total Faith in What You Believe?
There is an expression I heard before that says, “If you do not believe in something, you will fall for anything!”
Take time today to sort out what you think and what you do not believe in setting your eliminate the confusion that you might come across in everyday life.
If you base your beliefs on what the Bible says and you can not go wrong. It is when a person trusts a man or woman over what God instructs us to do, is when the real problems in life happen!
I believe in God, the Father Almighty, the Creator of heaven and earth,
and in Jesus Christ, his only Son, our Lord; Who was conceived by the Holy Spirit,
born of the Virgin Mary suffered under Pontius Pilate,
Was crucified, died, and was buried. He descended to the dead.
The third day he arose again from the dead. He ascended into heaven
and sits at the right hand of God the Father Almighty, whence he shall come to judge the living and the dead.
I believe in the Holy Spirit, the holy universal Church,
the communion of saints, the forgiveness of sins,
the resurrection of the body and the life everlasting.
What Do You Believe vs. How Do You Live?
A sandwich not only tastes good, but it is packed with vitamins for our bodies to grow. God’s Word is like a sandwich. 1) You can take a bite, chew it, spit it out and say, “That tasted great.” This might be like reading your Bible daily and not applying what you read. Tastes great, but little or no growth. 2) You could take a bite, chew it, swallow it and allow your body to digest it. You might say, “Not only tastes great, my body is growing!” This is like studying God’s Word and applying it daily in your life. God gave us food for physical growth and His Word applied for spiritual growth. ~ Mike Hayden
Please contact us if you have any questions or comments or would just like some encouragement?
“Beliefs are choices. First, you choose your beliefs. Then your beliefs affect your choices.” ~ Roy T. Bennett
Matthew 8:26 He replied, “You of little faith, why are you so afraid?” Then he got up and rebuked the winds and the waves, and it was completely calm.