Laughter Is Very Good Medicine!
What About Laughter?
Here are some helpful links:
- Does God have a sense of humor?
- How is sorrow better than laughter (Ecclesiastes 7:3)?
- How should a Christian view comedy?
- Is God a cosmic killjoy?
- What is holy laughter?
Enjoy Laughter With Comedian Tim Hawkins!
According To Research, Laughter:
- Improves heart health
- Exercises the lungs
- Lowers blood pressure
- Help fight depression
- Helps us to relax
- Reduces problems with pain
- Helps develop creativity
- Improves your mood
- Releases built up anger
- It just feels good to laugh
Laughter With Dead Pan Comedian Steven Wright!
Steven Wright Special Video!
Would You Like To See Some Funny Dancing?
Funny NFL Football Bad Lip Reading Videos
Enjoy Laughter, But What If It Is Inappropriate?
You must be discerning about whether or not humor is appropriate. Colossians 4:6 says, “Let your speech always be with grace, as though seasoned with salt so that you will know how you should respond to each person.”
You must always have control over yourself and also your words because the tongue is the quickest weapon and sometimes lashes out without thinking. James 3:8 says that the tongue is “a restless evil, full of deadly poison,” so we must keep it tamed!
When in doubt, you need to ask the Holy Spirit for wisdom before saying or doing things that are un-Godly. The Bible says that the Holy Spirit will guide us and help us know God’s truth John 16:13.
Yes, all good things come from God, that includes the ability to appreciate humor and share jokes with our friends. Of course, it’s certainly not a sin to laugh!
But we also need to be aware of our words, others’ feelings, and different situations where humor may or may not be appropriate. A good rule of thumb is that when in doubt, it is best to refrain.
Enjoy Laughter On The Crazy Side With Jim Carrey!
Related Pages Of Encouragement:
A Special Link for a Little Extra Encouragement
- Vanna White and Bill Greguska. Click here for Jib Jab video
- This video explains strategic fun riddle trick #1
- Video explaining strategic fun riddle trick #1
- Another video explaining strategic fun riddle trick #1
- ”You don’t stop laughing because you grow old. You grow old because you stop laughing.” Michael Pritchard.
- Is joking a sin? What does the Bible say about telling jokes?
- How do I know if a joke is funny and that it is proper, so it would not offend anyone that would hear my joke? 1 Corinthians 10:23
- Does God have a sense of humor?
Enjoy Laughter With The Three Stooges~ Curly’s Best!
I just got one last thing, I urge all of you, all of you, to enjoy your life, the precious moments you have. To spend each day with some laughter and some thought, to get you’re emotions going. Jim Valvano
Proverbs 15:13 A happy heart makes a face cheerful, but heartache crushes the spirit.
One Line Statement For You To Think About
- Why do we press harder on the remote control when we know the batteries are dead?
- At the ballpark, why are they called” stands” when they are made for sitting?
- Why doesn’t glue stick to the inside of the bottle?
- Ever wonder why “slow down” and “slow up” mean the same thing?
- Why do we sing “Take me out to the ballgame” when we’re already there?
- I got a job at a bakery because I kneaded the dough.
- Don’t worry about old age; it doesn’t last.
- If Fed Ex and UPS were to merge, would they call it Fed UP? ~ Unknown comedian
- Two silk worms had a race. They ended up in a tie
- How can a “wise man” and a “wise guy” be opposites?
Here are some more one-line statement to check out
- Atheism is a non-prophet organization.
- Sign on the lawn at a drug rehab center said: “Keep off the Grass.”
- I didn’t like my beard at first. Then it grew on me.
- The soldier who survived mustard gas and pepper spray is now a seasoned veteran.
- You can tune a piano, but you can’t tuna fish.
I stayed up all night to see where the sun went, and then it dawned on me.
- How can “fat chance” and “slim chance” mean the same thing?
- A dentist and a manicurist were married. They fought tooth and nail.
- With her marriage, she got a new name and a dress.
- Did you hear about the fellow whose whole left side was cut off? He’s all right now.
Enjoy Laughter With Robin Williams!
Is What I Call Appropriate Humor The Same As God’s?
If your humor is lighthearted, doesn’t hurt you or anyone else (disrespects anyone), and does not go against God’s commands for our lives (in any serious way), and then that is what I would have to consider appropriate humor.
There is so much on T. V. and movies that God does not think is funny. Colossians 3:8. I realize that humor that is at the expense of someone else’s feelings, or that only tears them down instead of building them up, is also something that God says we should not do Colossians 4:6; Ephesians 4:29?
Enjoy Laughter, But Is Sarcasm Okay?
Sharp wit and lighthearted sarcasm and a can be fun ways to use the creativity that God gave us. Humor can be a wonderful way to make someone laugh and feel better, in this serious world we live in (when appropriate of course). God can use you to help bring joy to others with the heart and humor that He has given you. Although cutting remarks at the expense of someone else is not using humor how God would have intended. Proverbs 26:18-19.
Riddles That Might Possibly Stump You!
Q: You walk into a room with a match, a kerosene lamp, a candle, and a fireplace. Which do you light first?
A: The match.
Q: If a blue house is made out of blue bricks, a yellow house is made out of yellow bricks, and a pink house is made out of pink bricks, what is a greenhouse made of?
Q: Which weighs more, a pound of feathers or a pound of bricks?
A: Neither, they both weigh one pound!
Q: How many months have 28 days?
A: All 12 months!
Q: If an electric train is traveling south, which way is the smoke going?
A: There is no smoke, it’s an electric train!
For Encouragement Call 1-800-633-3446 or Chat
Please contact us if you have any questions or comments or would just like some encouragement?
Live by this credo: have a little laugh at life and look around you for happiness instead of sadness. Laughter has always brought me out of unhappy situations. ~ Red Skelton