Plan To Have A Healthy Marriage!
- Do things together. Whether that’s ballroom dancing, taking walks, bowling, playing cards, participate in at least one activity that you both enjoy every week. If you have kids, make sure at least half of these activities are for you and your spouse only.
- Utilize your time apart. It is vital that you can feel free to do something like take an art class while your spouse goes to the gym. You also can play cards, and your partner visits their parents. You don’t have to love everything your partner enjoys. But you do have to allow him or her the freedom to pursue the hobbies they like.
- Be best friends with your spouse. The key to marital happiness and success is friendship. Demonstrating affection and respect for each other on a regular daily basis, and sincerely enjoying each other’s company.
- The terms of your relationship. Communicate, reevaluate, or at least to clarify your values from time to time to be on the same page. Most disputes that break up marriages are over sex and money.
- Say to your spouse “I love you” every day, this is especially important when you’re not feeling the sensation of love; at these times, you have to generate it actively. Saying those three little words, and performing loving gestures, will warm both you and your spouse’s hearts.