Is Frustration Getting You Down?
Please contact us if you have any questions or comments or would just like some encouragement?
Frustration is something that bothers me more than I would like to admit, but when I am trusting in the Lord, I am confident and comfortable, I am on top of my game! ~ Bill Greguska
Are You Frustrated With Your Frustrations? 1 Peter 5:7
Some Frustration In My Life!
Identifying Your Frustration?
- Are you spinning your wheels in the mud? Is all that you are feeling pure frustration. Does that sound like what you are going through? Many people when they face too much frustration, either get a bad attitude or just quit what is frustrating them. You have positive choices to choose from!
- Get busy and keep focused on what God is calling you to do. Frustration tends to linger on and sometimes become a mindset or even a defeated lifestyle in some situations. Think clearly and focus on solutions rather than focusing on the problems that are frustrating you. Stop worrying and get proactive.
- Pick out the good in your frustrating situation. Even if feels like nothing is working, look closely, and you will probably find at least something that is going right. Then you need to dig in with some prayer, topical Bible reading on whatever is pulling you down. Reach out to a friend, pastor, counselor to help you get out of your frustration mode.
- Start a mini journal during this time. Having a daily journal can be of great help too but for now a short journal for a month or two. Focus on the good that we are doing and the things we ought to be grateful for. Try to learn where you are falling short and make appropriate adjustments.
- Have a goal or in other words a big picture outlook. Be sure to include God’s will not just your own will. Figure out a plan with the help of prayer and godly counsel. Be specific about what your thoughts and goals are, and make attainable goals to reach them.
- Do not allow distractions that suck your energy and focus away from God. You have responsibilities that you need to deal with. Take care of both the big boulders as well as the small stones when time allows.
- There are many ways to skin a cat. So do not think that there is only one way to get out of your frustrating situation. Often there are many solutions to the same situation, but beware that if your answer is not in line with what God teaches, then do not consider it as a solution, but rather a temptation from the evil one the devil.
- Think about how good it will be to stop being frustrated. Do what you need to do to get that dark cloud from over your head. My mom used to tell me when I was younger that my frustration or hurt would make me cry, but sometimes it is best to be able to laugh at our negative situation to put them in perspective. Keep your eyes on the Lord and be careful not to allow the frustration to drain you mentally or emotionally.
Frustration Often Leads To Anger!
Things You Can Do To Help Deal With Frustration!
- Get into the habit of reading your Bible daily. Start slow and build up in time. If you are not reading your Bible to be fed, how can you expect not to be frustrated?
- Get into the habit of praying. I found that the best time for me to pray is first thing in the morning before I do anything. Take a walk and consciously make your walking partner God, communicate your thoughts and feeling to Him at the same time, seek diligently to hear what God is trying to teach and show you.
- Reach out to someone mature in their faith to help you out. Do not be too proud to ask for some help. Most people would be more than happy to help come alongside you to help you. Proverbs 27:17 “As iron sharpens iron, so one person sharpens another.” Someone you trust and feel safe to share personal issues. Accountability can be a big help to you.
- Be sure you are participating in a Bible-believing church. Remember that the church is not only there to feed you, but you also can become involved and help others.
- Have friendships and fellowship with other believers. We are not in this world to walk alone; friends can be significant support and outlet to have an association with others who care about each other.
- Start looking to where you can serve others in your family. Also in a volunteer way like helping at a meal program or driving someone to get their groceries. Maybe God wants you to visit a hospital or nursing home, write a card to someone in need, but make sure you get out of yourself and serve someone else.
Proactive Solutions For Overcoming Frustration!
- Keep your eyes on God. Otherwise, you will keep falling into the same types of frustrations.
- Share your frustrations with others. Often a friend can give you an insight that will bring light to your problems.
- Keep track on paper in the form of a journal. This will help you to be able to track your progress and note where you fall to be able to learn from it. Keep track of the progress you are making even if the improvement is small and slow, at least you are making progress. God will never leave you or forsake you.
- Brainstorm ideas that can get you beyond your frustration. When you brainstorm, keep in mind that any thoughts are possible solutions, but when you are done with the list, you can pick out the best ideas.
- Put your frustration on the back burner. You do not let the failure get the best of you. Set aside time like 7:00 pm to no longer talk or think about your frustrations, to help assure that you can get a good night sleep.
- Turn this scenario around. If someone came to you with the frustration that you are going through right now, what would you counsel them to do or not do?
Try Some Of These Ideas
- Stop blaming yourself or others for your frustration. Sometimes life happens, and we need to come to God in prayer and let God deal with things for you. If you keep blaming yourself or others, you will only end up being more frustrated.
- Put your frustration into perspective. Will this frustration still be such a big problem in one, five or ten years? Most likely the answer will be no.
- Allow yourself to be distracted. You can do this by going to a movie or out to eat with a good friend, or do something fun that will take your mind off of your frustration for a while.
- Think about how God has solved past failures in your life. Look back and thank God and now look forward and thank God that He will help you as He has done in the past.
- Volunteer to help someone out who needs some help. When we do this, we get out of our frustration for a while and help someone else who is dealing with their frustration.
- Get off your seat and get out and get some exercise. This will help your physical body regarding overall health. A significant benefit of training is the functional effects of “endorphins” that naturally will make you feel better. Combine that with prayer and reading the Bible, you got a winning combination.
What If My Problems Seem Out Of Control?
We Pray You Find Hope And Encouragement From Our Links!
- If you just started believing in God, we have a page specifically for you.
- If you are dealing with anger, stress, or depression, we have information that can be of help to you.
- We have phone helplines, website links, youtube videos.
- You can learn more about us and our goals and our purpose.
- If you have a drug/alcohol problem, or if you want to get right with God you are at the right place!
- If you need to talk to someone right away, you can call 800-633-3446 or click here.
- Finally, if you have any questions, or would like to get on our email list, just let us know.
For Encouragement Call 1-800-633-3446 or Chat